YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Meadows supplements after health issue.

So many supplements id like to take in addition to what I do now but coumadin reacts with just about everything. Id like to try curcumin but if I did I would have to recalibrate my coumadin dose, going in for weekly tests over the course of a month or two and adjust the dose down. it can get dangerous too if my levels get too high and the INR gets up there. Best for me to just avoid it. If anyone else on here is taking coumadin, watch out.

Guys, I know a lot of you are at half-mast when you look at Morphoprime. I suggest you look into Leviathan IRE which has 18mg astaxanthin and longvida curcumin. Morphoprime doesnt even have an optimized curcumin.

Thanks for mentioning this! morphoprime is part of my health stack and might have to make the switch after seeing this. I also use an additional 500mg citrus bergamot day and night, 1 carditone cap day and night, 2 krill oil day and night, 6mg boron day and night, and tudca 500mg at night.

I personally have been taking 200 mg ubiquinol 2x per day, 400 per day, now for about 11 years and noticed a difference when i first started out. I also take a statin, so its important for me I think. Of course none of my doctors recommended I take it, this was on my own. Seems doctors dont really advise on supplements at all, if anything they want you to avoid them. My ejection fraction is stuck down around 20 to 25%. Closer to 20 id say.

When you say you noticed at 400mg, are you just talking about heart results?

When you say you noticed at 400mg, are you just talking about heart results?
Well, i started on that and Humanofort and after about 6 months had my echocardiogram done again. The results came back between 20 and 25%. Prior to that it came back below 20%. Its really splitting hairs though and cant say if it helped or not for sure. I did feel better overall though, but that could be placebo. I mainly take it because its supposed to be good for the heart and because I take a statin. Been taking it so long now that I cant remember how I felt before I went on it.

In what? EF?
What kind of curcumin do you choose and why? Personally, I have always used BCM-95 which is called curcugel now I believe...and I have several times implemented meriva. I have been using both for several months. Usually 800mg of LEF Super Bio Curcumin and 500mg Meriva from JFlex9 by The Lab. Ubiquinol is often 200mg daily and I like to use Cardiosolve my MPA(also has arjuna and pycnogenol) or Jarrow.

I'll absolutely be open to using Longvida but I am a little disappointed Morphoprime is just throwing 500mg curcumin in there and calling it a day. Why you would do that with a supposed elite product is not really sensible for me without using a superior formulation for delivery...and some piperine isn't that IMO.
I use Jarrows Curcumin and Qunol Ubiquinol
I take 10mg piperine with them each time I take them

No I haven't gotten my EF rechecked. I'm going on my heart rate, breathing, lung fluid, anxiety, etc.

This is my heart stack.

10mg bioperine,
5000mg garlic oil,
400mg Ubiquinol,
1500mg curcumin

Twice per day

I also take Pycnogenol and Apigenin, but more like once every other day.

I have 6mg boron in there, too, twice per day, but that's not for heart.

Attachments

• 41aelQf46VL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41aelQf46VL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 41KI60b0z6L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41KI60b0z6L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 41UwW7SdXUL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41UwW7SdXUL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 41oPOueJV4L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41oPOueJV4L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3
I also took jarrows Hawthorne for a while as it's super cheap but my spidey sense told me it was overload and better to just stick with higher doses of fewer products

Well, i started on that and Humanofort and after about 6 months had my echocardiogram done again. The results came back between 20 and 25%. Prior to that it came back below 20%. Its really splitting hairs though and cant say if it helped or not for sure. I did feel better overall though, but that could be placebo. I mainly take it because its supposed to be good for the heart and because I take a statin. Been taking it so long now that I cant remember how I felt before I went on it.

I would have to be believe it’s helping along with the statin. Just toss out the H

"Complete Health" from "Like a Pro Supplements" is awesome. Pricey with the cheapest you can get it for $120 that lasts 30 days but it's the most complete one to me. Prime and IRE look pretty good too, though I worry about long term high dose bioperine. I'm always on the lookout for these all in one supplements. I have so many supplement bottles so I prefer cutting them down whenever possible.

I think Pycnogenol is a really good supplement for someone like John who had a heart attack.

Are there any other "all in one" supplements we know of?

"Complete Health" from "Like a Pro Supplements" is awesome. Pricey with the cheapest you can get it for $120 that lasts 30 days but it's the most complete one to me. Prime and IRE look pretty good too, though I worry about long term high dose bioperine. I'm always on the lookout for these all in one supplements. I have so many supplement bottles so I prefer cutting them down whenever possible.

I think Pycnogenol is a really good supplement for someone like John who had a heart attack.

Just curious what’s to worry about long term, high dose Bioperine?

I also took jarrows Hawthorne for a while as it's super cheap but my spidey sense told me it was overload and better to just stick with higher doses of fewer products
More isn't better. Better is better. I'd choose studied aged garlic extracts vs some nominal figure that looks to be highest on a label.

Jarrow also makes two curcumins last i checked. You should look into Meriva, BCM-95 and other formulations...not just plain curcumin standardized to % curcuminoids.

Nothing really covers everything optimally..
And someone mentioned this on this forum a couple weeks ago...it's often prudent to choose companies not involved with bodybuilding when possible.
Its sensible to trust that a vitamin shoppe or jarrow product will have actual and accurately dosed product in there virtually every time whereas you are really going on character and integrity of people in the industry putting out product honestly and sourcing high grade raws. THEN selecting a manufacturer that is trustworthy...THEN getting in their ass about doing it right and showing you proof/accounting of what they're doing for you. After a few people in the industry..it can quickly turn into a crapshoot/risk trusting what's in products.

I'm going to omit Jansens products off the bat. I dont agree with some of his tactics but to top the cake he chooses one of the known shadiest distributors. Poor form.

That being said...

'All-in-one's' other than what I already mentioned:
Like a Pro's product...
and Project AD Heart+

Nutrabio Immune that John mentioned does look pretty damn good..

I personally like Cardiosolve and Heartsolve by MPA supps (the late great Matt Porter).
Other than that combo health supplements are what I use like LEF D+K&sea iodine, JFlex9 from TheLab, Zinc Balance(w/copper) by Jarrow etc.
There are plenty of good combo products on the market with 2-4 items...but they arent always necessary formulas or with the optimal dosing across the board.

With sports nutrition, I start with an "all in one" product like PreJym for pre workout and I have my own raws that include extra creapure, creatine hcl, taurine, citrulline malate, hydromax, TMG, EAA, etc. You can head off a lot of bullshit by identifying your non negotiables in health and also in sports nutrition...spend the money on those and then decide what else is worth throwing in when you can afford to/try new things.

I got off track but thanks for listening lol..

I could absolutely see myself using the Nutrabio Immune in the future.

500mg vit C bump
2,000iu Vitamin D3 bump

Zinc,Selenium,Copper in generous amounts in great forms.
NAC bump-a proper single dose
EpiCor..looks super interesting..might be a super beta glucans-type yeast.
Ginger root extract

Grape Seed Extract bump. (Dose seems low)

FYI, when I say bump, I mean as an addition to another specifically selected product with optimal form or dosing.

For me, this would really come down to seeing if ginger root extract and or EpiCor really do anything spectacular because then the rest can be convenient in my regimen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717-061957_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717-061957_Chrome.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 29
Just to list off a bunch of things I take at the moment

Complete Health (Like a Pro Supplements. Huge mix of supps rolled in one like ubiquinol,d3,c,nac,astragalus,pycnogenol,etc)
Sage ReMind (another good mix. lithium/curcumin/taurine/etc)
Life Extension two per day (best multi I've found)
Life Extension curcumin/black seed oil combo
Fish oil (4g. high dose is key)
magnesium
Life Extension MacuGuard (eye support + astaxanthin)
Dhea/Pregnenolone
ALCAR/ALA
Resveratrol
Olive Leaf Extract
PQQ
Iodine (12.5mg lugols)
Vitamin K complex (Koncentrated K is the highest dose formula)
Methylfolate (5g because I was folate deficient and have one copy of MTHFR)

Prescriptions: TRT (20mg daily), 500mg Metformin, 60mg Armour Thyroid (38mcgT4/9mcgT3), 1.5iu HGH, 30mg Hydrocortisone (temporary)

I use other things too on and off but that's the gist of it

Just to list off a bunch of things I take at the moment

Complete Health (Like a Pro Supplements. Huge mix of supps rolled in one like ubiquinol,d3,c,nac,astragalus,pycnogenol,etc)
Sage ReMind (another good mix. lithium/curcumin/taurine/etc)
Life Extension two per day (best multi I've found)
Life Extension curcumin/black seed oil combo
Fish oil (4g. high dose is key)
magnesium
Life Extension MacuGuard (eye support + astaxanthin)
Dhea/Pregnenolone
ALCAR/ALA
Resveratrol
Olive Leaf Extract
PQQ
Iodine (12.5mg lugols)
Vitamin K complex (Koncentrated K is the highest dose formula)
Methylfolate (5g because I was folate deficient and have one copy of MTHFR)

Prescriptions: TRT (20mg daily), 500mg Metformin, 60mg Armour Thyroid (38mcgT4/9mcgT3), 1.5iu HGH, 30mg Hydrocortisone (temporary)

I use other things too on and off but that's the gist of it

So you’re back on HGH? How’s the RHR on 1.5iu?

So you’re back on HGH? How’s the RHR on 1.5iu?

Yea I added it in two weeks ago and RHR hasn't elevated this time around so that's good news. I am still hypothyroid so that is probably part of it. Also I made sure to go with a pretty safe HGH dose.

More isn't better. Better is better. I'd choose studied aged garlic extracts vs some nominal figure that looks to be highest on a label.

Jarrow also makes two curcumins last i checked. You should look into Meriva, BCM-95 and other formulations...not just plain curcumin standardized to % curcuminoids.
In the case of Ubiquinol, more is better... Check out this study using 1200mg per day =

In regards meriva and BMC... just did some googling... I think I'll stick with the concentrated Curcumin I have been taking

In the case of Ubiquinol, more is better... Check out this study using 1200mg per day =

In regards meriva and BMC... just did some googling... I think I'll stick with the concentrated Curcumin I have been taking

No disrespect my man, but 1200 mg sounds a bit overboard to me. Have you even run close to that amount? If so, what were the benefits?

Yea I added it in two weeks ago and RHR hasn't elevated this time around so that's good news. I am still hypothyroid so that is probably part of it. Also I made sure to go with a pretty safe HGH dose.

Let me know how it goes bro, as you know been super interested in adding some in to my TRT even if it’s only a few months out of the year and even if only a small beneficial dose... What brand GH are you taking? If you don’t mind me asking...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws