over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Johnny fuller

tornquad201

Registered
Always was a fan of Johnny as a teen does anyone have any stories or witnessed him training back in the 80's I use to read about his crazy training and diets

Johnny was a tremendously gifted bber. Potential beyond belief. He is one of those who would look remarkable no matter what he did or ate. crazy crazy dense muscle.

Johnny was way ahead of his time. he use to buy aminos from pharmacies in England and take the. blending organ with water.

he was not talll guy but packed thick slabs of muscle.

Nobody was harder then Johnny in the 80's NOBODY

He showed Gaspari how its done as Gaspari was taking conditioning to new level.

Johnny was a coach to young and upcoming guys and did it for free.

He also had few interactions with a young and upcoming Dorian as they both were from England UK.

He was a true master of his craft.

One of the absolute finest English Bodybuilder to come out of England.

RIP Big Johnny. His name is written in golden letter in bodybuilding history books. We love you and miss you forever Johnny.

Check that Kai Greene hallmark feathering in the quads.

Well now you know Johnny had it before Kai in the 80's before the age of chemical warfare!

1495995349922.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Nice info devenidas , thanks for sharing that.

Fuller was a very thick dude for his time.. But he was not doing the crazy diets and training that they claimed.. He kinda came up with that gimmick.. Robert Kennedy who ran musclemag international magazine wanted to have a story about Fullers 10 sets of 32 reps training.. Fuller claimed he did up to 8 exercises per bodypart.. Well needless to say johnny did not like the fact that he now had to do a actual workout in that method to be photographed lol.. But he made it through.. He did a standard training routine at the time but did love to eat large amounts of pineapple..

Fuller was a very thick dude for his time.. But he was not doing the crazy diets and training that they claimed.. He kinda came up with that gimmick.. Robert Kennedy who ran musclemag international magazine wanted to have a story about Fullers 10 sets of 32 reps training.. Fuller claimed he did up to 8 exercises per bodypart.. Well needless to say johnny did not like the fact that he now had to do a actual workout in that method to be photographed lol.. But he made it through.. He did a standard training routine at the time but did love to eat large amounts of pineapple..

Damn bro, rarely have I met a better bodybuilding historian than me. Priceless. I never knew that. I immediately thought he did that 10 sets of 32 shit everyone here should probably ignore anything Fuller has to say about training because it will never work for you. He didn't even do it himself. I'll be damned.

I saw Platz and Phil Williams this morning BTW. Tom has a pony tail. Long ass time since I've seen those dudes man. They went to the same high school, had the same P.E. coach.

Oh and I had a good little talk with Dean Tornabene about a montha ago. All these guys are alive and healthy and looking good. I know Lats knows this but this is for you other dumbasses who want to be all negative about shit all the time like you can't take juice and be healthy.

Rex.

Last edited:
Lol.. I appreciate the kind words but you got to be there for much of it.. Im jealous.. Great times..I only got to visit and gossip on the phone :D.. Luckily I was able to talk to Balik ( Ironman magazine) and Steve Neece of Musclemag quite a bit.. They would tell me the news out there lol.. TOM was always so eccentric lol.. Ask a question about curls and you somehow get into the ability of the human mind.. How was Williams looking..? He used to train out of george turners gym in St. Louis.. Got a job as a either a limo driver or a taxi driver.. Used to laugh about always getting lost.. He was awesome in that time.. Very hard trainer but who wouldn't be with Turner literally spitting on Ya to get out of the gym " ya pussy" ... :D

Jhonny died in his sixties fighting Leukemia.

He was here in England during the last chapter of his life.

Somebody asked me so I thought I will post here.

RIP Champ

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Lol.. I appreciate the kind words but you got to be there for much of it.. Im jealous.. Great times..I only got to visit and gossip on the phone :D.. Luckily I was able to talk to Balik ( Ironman magazine) and Steve Neece of Musclemag quite a bit.. They would tell me the news out there lol.. TOM was always so eccentric lol.. Ask a question about curls and you somehow get into the ability of the human mind.. How was Williams looking..? He used to train out of george turners gym in St. Louis.. Got a job as a either a limo driver or a taxi driver.. Used to laugh about always getting lost.. He was awesome in that time.. Very hard trainer but who wouldn't be with Turner literally spitting on Ya to get out of the gym " ya pussy" ... :D

George Turner was a beast...even into his 60's. I remember reading a story about him squaring with John Grimek and going up to 300+lbs. and that was when Grimek was in his 80's!!

I saw a pic of George in the last years of his life in a wheel chair. Any idea what happened, LATS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Turner was a beast...even into his 60's. I remember reading a story about him squaring with John Grimek and going up to 300+lbs. and that was when Grimek was in his 80's!!

I saw a pic of George in the last years of his life in a wheel chair. Any idea what happened, LATS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really.. He sold his gym and one became a Powerhouse gym.. He was still training hard even in his 60s.. I did hear that he had some health issues later.. What they were I don't know.. I'll give a buddy a call as he should know.. But george was a bit of a maniac lol.. If you were pussy footing in the gym he WOUKD let Ya know.. 😜

He looks about the same really except lighter and older but he never was a big dude. He's aging well he doesn't take much drugs I don't believe. He still has good calves, especially for a black dude. He always reminded me of Dickerson in a way. Lightheavy/198 light skinned black dudes with uncharactaristically good calves whose shape I didn't particularly appreciate otherwise. Neither were particularly big or impressive in person unless competing. But if you judged them objectively on stage you would place them where they were too if you knew what you were doing. Classic what I call "stage bodybuilders." You have guys like this dude Luka a pro I see every time I go to the gym. Very impressive in the gym, but a good lightheavy or even a good middle will smoke him on a good day outweighed by close to 100 pounds. I call them "gym bodybuilders." Then you have guys who are completely unimpressive 90% of the year. Milos, Dickerson, Phil Williams are perfect examples. They are stage bodybuilders because that's really the only time they really impress. Even though it's what I would call an incorrect statement, when Manion said Williams was the best NPC champ ever, I could see where he was coming from. But that's also saying he was better than Haney which is obviously completely ridiculous.

Rex.

Last edited:
Oh, and Platz. He was always kind of a strange cat, kind of like Pakulski maybe but way more likeable, maybe more like Kai would be a better analogy. In that he was very difficult to learn from. Although his old leg training manual is one of the best leg routines ever. His upper body training was all over the place in contrast to the organization of his leg training. He told me to take 1 vial of Deca per day to grow, which then would have been 200mg. Amazes me that he doesn't sell this shit on Instagram or some shit. That shit would sell same as it did out of the back of Muscle & Fitness back in the day. You remember that manual he had? I never put Turner together with Dickerson until now either. Samir trained there too at some point I believe. I trained back with Samir and his then brother in law Lee Labrada as a teenager in 1984 when Samir was 8-12 weeks out from being beaten by Lee Haney. He went up to 405 pretty strict on bent rows and he weighed what maybe 220. They said I should I be on suspension, prop, cyp, enan, dbol, anadrol.

Rex.

Oh, and Platz. He was always kind of a strange cat, kind of like Pakulski maybe but way more likeable, maybe more like Kai would be a better analogy. In that he was very difficult to learn from. Although his old leg training manual is one of the best leg routines ever. His upper body training was all over the place in contrast to the organization of his leg training. He told me to take 1 vial of Deca per day to grow, which then would have been 200mg. Amazes me that he doesn't sell this shit on Instagram or some shit. That shit would sell same as it did out of the back of Muscle & Fitness back in the day. You remember that manual he had? I never put Turner together with Dickerson until now either. Samir trained there too at some point I believe. I trained back with Samir and his then brother in law Lee Labrada as a teenager in 1984 when Samir was 8-12 weeks out from being beaten by Lee Haney. He went up to 405 pretty strict on bent rows and he weighed what maybe 220. They said I should I be on suspension, prop, cyp, enan, dbol, anadrol.

Rex.

200mg/d?

Thanks for the cool ass story(s), Rex!:cool:

Rex.
Damn! That was a pretty bad ass story, Rex. Loved Samir and Lee Labrada as a kid. Both of them of really underrated, IMO.

Rex.

Yeah platz I met the one time.. Very nice.. But very eccentric.. You are right about the comparison to kai.. Can never get a straight answer.. Always something metaphysical .. Or spirtual.. Lol.. ( I always find it funny when the ironage like platz preach low dose and tell just a little winny and deca and yet they always contradict themselves with what they really did.. Just be honest) I used to travel to Turners quite a bit when younger.. Jeff King was there also.. Very nice guy.. Very humble.. Turners gym was unique in so many ways., he made most if not all the pulley systems there.. Flawless.. Very smooth.. I have already told the story of spotting Bertil Fox when he came to do a guest posing.. Very nice guy actually ( murder aside lol). . Asking a teenager to spit Ya with 500 pounds on the bar and forced reps was not his best judgement call.. Well second worst judgement call lol..
But back to phil williams.. He was always nice when I saw him.. But your right, in a t shirt or sweat shirt he didn't appear that big.. But when he striped it off he was pretty amazing.. I remember him once super setting overhead Dumbell extension with concentration curls.. I can't tell Ya how many sets he did but he did it for around a hour lol.. Dave johns used to work there also.. Great atmosphere.. After the mr america ( I think it was 85 or 86 in St. Louis) everyone flocked to turners the next day to workout.. Victor Terra... Abe Cuesta..just to name a few.. Victor was the shortest bodybuilder I ever saw at the time but was as wide as he was tall.. Brick thick.. I remember two of the bodybuilders sitting in the locker room pulling oil out the syring right in front of everyone.. At that time I was as shocked as seeing a two headed man.. ;)

Last edited:
And on the gear front I remember Bertil ( again I told this once but what the hell ;)) sitting in the locker room after and talking to me and my buddy.. He very nonchalantly takes out a bottle of dbol.. No trying to hide it.. And pours some into his hand.. DIDNT count it.. Just kinda looked at it and threw it in his mouth.. Lol... :D Bertil at that time had the most round muscle bellies in his arms I had ever seen.. The bicep was round even when the arm was straight.. Before synthol kids ;)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner