over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

JOINT ISSUES--solutions, please

Polska

Registered
been training for 20 plus years...230 at 5-8. Im smart about cycling and diet, and train lighter now than when I was younger. My joints (hips, shoulder girdle, elbows) are fried.

MSM, glucosamine, Joint Elations...which is the best route to go?

Getting out of bed in the morning is a chore.

Please, suggestions.

I'd try cissus and or glucosamine. You may also want to begin supplementing with fish oil which helps reduce inflammation and can ease joint pain as well.

try chondroitin sulfate. i used glucosamine for a while for my shoulder and it was ok, but then i switched to a product called Jointment by Universal and it has both glucosamine and chondroitin in it and i haven't had a problem since.

I have a similar story with multiple injuries and what I found that works well is the following:

1 Animal Flex (Universal Nutrition), 1 tblsp Cher-Amino (Hydrolyzed Collagen -Twin Labs), and lots of water every day.

Glucosamine takes a while to build up in your system, but over the long term will help you out. Try and catch a good sale at places like your grocery store where people will not shell out 30 bucks for a bottle and you might find it almost expired for a fraction of the cost. Most will have MSM and Chondroiten in the same pill. I noticed ease on my joints after about one month.

Cissus is great for a fast fix, but I would be careful with because of it's anelgesic effects(masking pain, similar to taking pain meds and not knowing when you are hurt). If you buy this in a powder form, shell out the 20 bucks and get a cap m quick because it tastes like shit.

once on, never go off, cuz 2 weeks later you'll be hurting!!!!
I use:
cissus
SAM-e
Glucosamine
CS
Hyaluronic acid
MSM
Multi-vit/min.
some others I cannot recall....i spend more on joint pain than any other supplement!

I use:
cissus
SAM-e
Glucosamine
CS
Hyaluronic acid
MSM
Multi-vit/min.
some others I cannot recall....i spend more on joint pain than any other supplement!

wow thats a load!

i also take fish oil, cuz I don't really like fish.
I will eat raw salmon (2 to 4 pieces on sushi rice) maybe once a week and mackeral once a month at most.

i also take fish oil, cuz I don't really like fish.
I will eat raw salmon (2 to 4 pieces on sushi rice) maybe once a week and mackeral once a month at most.

Yes. fish oil is a natural anti-flam. It helps me.

Try "loading" the glucosamine at 3-4g per day for at least a couple weeks before dropping to the typical suggested dose of 1.5g per day.

I use:
cissus
SAM-e
Glucosamine
CS
Hyaluronic acid
MSM
Multi-vit/min.

I take the exact joint stack as you and I still have been in pain. I havent been able to do any overhead movements for tris and heavy bench presses for atleast a year now. I even get ultrasound done at the chiro on my elbow tendon. Three weeks ago I got a cortisone shot in their and it did not help at all. Finally, I had another xray done on my elbow and it showed I have a bone spur. That is whats been causing all the pain. My only option now is surgery. I thought it would be a quick surgery where they go in the area and scope it with a laser. Well apparently, my dr is saying the spur is too big and hes gonna have to make a nice 2-3 inch incision and go in there to chill down the bone spur. It all sounds too risky to me. I wouldnt mind if he was able to use the laser but I dont want him making a big ass incision then risk having some of my tendon removed and messed with. So now, I am debating what I should do.

Been training many years and despite lifting heavy ive been rather fortunate so far, other than occasional tendinitus in my elbows or a muscle strain. However ive found the 50% cissus 2am and 2pm to be very beneficial...:)

I use cissus at 9 caps a day until i begin to feel better then coast on 3 caps a day for another month. THe stuff works miracles for me

Try "loading" the glucosamine at 3-4g per day for at least a couple weeks before dropping to the typical suggested dose of 1.5g per day.

most supps of this type now suggest loading for a week.....when the stuff was new, nothing was said about loading.

I take the exact joint stack as you and I still have been in pain. I havent been able to do any overhead movements for tris and heavy bench presses for atleast a year now. I even get ultrasound done at the chiro on my elbow tendon. Three weeks ago I got a cortisone shot in their and it did not help at all. Finally, I had another xray done on my elbow and it showed I have a bone spur. That is whats been causing all the pain. My only option now is surgery. I thought it would be a quick surgery where they go in the area and scope it with a laser. Well apparently, my dr is saying the spur is too big and hes gonna have to make a nice 2-3 inch incision and go in there to chill down the bone spur. It all sounds too risky to me. I wouldnt mind if he was able to use the laser but I dont want him making a big ass incision then risk having some of my tendon removed and messed with. So now, I am debating what I should do.

Bro, if you can afford it, do it.
this should not be risky at all, just gonna be very painful for a coupla weeks. but you should be back in the gym in 3 months tops.

I use cissus at 9 caps a day until i begin to feel better then coast on 3 caps a day for another month. THe stuff works miracles for me

bumping the Cissus....gotta have it! it's like the frosting on the cake, only makes the stack I use that much better!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear