over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

joints?

cjc

Registered
hi

some say too much volume wrecks your joints, others say going too heavy does it, still others say heavy better cuz less reps and less wear and tear?

which view rules?

thanks

well maybe look at the standpoint of how do you help your joints recover.

deca and EQ are well known for increasing collagen synthesis which means joint recovery. GH also heals joints. age plays a factor, the older you are the longer it takes to heal joints.

generally what i have heard is that extremely heavy training to failure, over the course of years can take a toll on your joints. i have trained this way my whole life with no problems, i am in my mid 30's. who knows whats in store for me years down the road though?

maybe the older guys can post and give their experience

well maybe look at the standpoint of how do you help your joints recover.

deca and EQ are well known for increasing collagen synthesis which means joint recovery. GH also heals joints. age plays a factor, the older you are the longer it takes to heal joints.

generally what i have heard is that extremely heavy training to failure, over the course of years can take a toll on your joints. i have trained this way my whole life with no problems, i am in my mid 30's. who knows whats in store for me years down the road though?

maybe the older guys can post and give their experience

If that is the case... looks like I will be having GH when I hit my 40's.

After years of heavy lifting, i find that its the FAT joints the really help the pain of the overused body joints! :D

As long as you are not putting an excess of weight more than the joint can hold, it will be good for the joint as apposed to bad, no matter how many repetitions. Some thing to stay away from is impacts, those can damage joints pretty bad, and I know because when I did martial arts, the constant kicking and punching of either the bag or my sparring partners would wreck havoc on my joints. My elbows and knees are pretty fucked up even now, and have tendinitis in my left arm. Just started low dose test/hgh/igf-1/mgf with training mainly at the pool, for the next few weeks to fix everything up. I'm hoping for the best.

if theres anything ive seen time and time again in a gym is guys complain about joint issues

mainly knees, elbows, wrists

and they blame heavy lifting

then i watch them train and see a 150 pound guy half squat 400 pounds,

or

throw curl 60 pound dumbells

or

skullcrushers and continue to do them even if they suffer from severe chronic tendonitis

this list goes on

most if not all the time joint issues are cause by poor form, or stupid training methods

HOWEVER the unfortuante trueth is the human body was not made to last forever and joints do start to wear out as time and lifestyle continue

generaly heavy lifting does tend to wear joints out faster, especialy for guys who are using anabolics and are lifting beyond there genetic limits in which our joints were not designed to support

Last edited:
I'm an older guy, lifting for almost 20 years. Knee joints trouble me the most. And from my personal experience - heavy weight and low volume wears the joints much less than higher volume / less weight...

For instance, I can do a heavy 1rm squat (after warm-ups) and my knees won't bother me at all, and on the other hand if I do Tabatha's on the elipticall (which is much less force, but more of it), my knees are shot...

So, my vote is definately heavy weights / less reps / less overall volume...

I'm an older guy, lifting for almost 20 years. Knee joints trouble me the most. And from my personal experience - heavy weight and low volume wears the joints much less than higher volume / less weight...

For instance, I can do a heavy 1rm squat (after warm-ups) and my knees won't bother me at all, and on the other hand if I do Tabatha's on the elipticall (which is much less force, but more of it), my knees are shot...

So, my vote is definately heavy weights / less reps / less overall volume...

i think you are right, that heavy with good form as long as un-roided is less wear and tear.

i like heavy big lifts, sqauts, deads, and rows, my knees never hurt, and my lower back actually feels great because i do these, my lower back used to hurt before got into lifting heavy, but not anymore, i think heavy lifting after a warm up and with good form actually helps joints, etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131