over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

JONES SMITH MACHINE

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
ANYONE HEAR USE ONE?.. this is the smith that can travel forwards and backwards also.. curious as to what others thought

New york sports club / boston sports club has them but they are just awkward. They have to move through both planes and can't do it naturally IMO.

A kid I train is rich as hell and his dad bought him one. It's really pretty cool. You can actually do straight bar curls in the thing in a semi natural motion.

I've never used one but my brother has one at his gym. When I was putting a plan together for him I played with it for a set or two and thought "damn this is a great idea".

ANYONE HEAR USE ONE?.. this is the smith that can travel forwards and backwards also.. curious as to what others thought

I use one quite a bit. I really like them for rack deads(my gym doesnt have a real cage to do rack deads in) and front squats.

Used one trying to do front squats. The gym was a 24 hour gym so they had no free weights aside from dumbelss to decreasethe liability of getting hurt. It was literally impossible to complete the front squat in that thing. I didn't like it even though it is a good concept.

My gym just got one the other day..I have done smythe incline presses, behind neck presses, front raises, close grip presses...and I really like how it felt...more of a free range of motion...I'll probably try out squats this week on it..and some bent rows, and rack deads...:headbang:

I used one for squats and didnt like it at all. Once i worked up past a certain weight i found the bar would actually move me and throw me off balance.

The gym i trained in actually removed the squat rack for this. I left a few weeks later.

i used to belong to a gym that had a wierd set up.it was like a squat rack but bb was hug by cables kinda cross between a smith machine and free weight power rack.used to hate that fing thing,anyone know what thats called??anyways i see alot of stuff like this goin on now cause the gyms claim that there insurance is cheaper ect.whats this workout world comming to???????then again if theyre wasnt sleeze bags getting hurt and trying to blame the gyms we wouldnt have this problem.

It's not the people getting hurt that's the problem, it's LAWYERS. They are ruining everything about this country. Can't have a huge free weight section because a lawyer will talk someone into suing the gym if they get hurt becasue they don't know what they're doing :mad: :banghead:

Jones Smith Machine

I't take's a bit to get use to. Give it a month I bet most of you will love it.

There is one in the gym I go to and I really like it. After a couple times on it I grew to loike it. Doing barbell curls on it really feels good, incline press and deadlifts are good. You have to get use to the motion but once you do it's a nice machinem

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear