JR's overcoming bad genetics log

Yesterday's training was lower body / biceps muscle rounds:

Unilateral leg press: 3 sets
Hack squat: 2 sets
Leg ext: 3 sets
Leg curl: 3 sets
Unilateral cable curl: 2 sets
Incline bench db curl: 2 sets

This is a deceivingly difficult workout. Muscle rounds are no joke. For those not familiar with muscle rounds, they are 6 sets of 4 with 10 sec rest in between. You start with a weight of approx 15-RM. However, progressive overload is very important, so the next week you need to hit a couple of extra reps on the last set or raise the weight slightly.

My nutrition is completely dialed in and pretty much on autopilot. Again, here's the breakdown:

Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat: 2,400 kcal, 205 gm carbs
Wed, Sun: 1,900 kcal, 90 gm carbs
Thr: 2,800 kcal, 390 gm carbs

Energy is good, but libido has taken a big hit. I just received some pharm grade tren ace. I already have some pharmacy test-c. I will use these for the next couple of doses and see if I feel a difference. After that I'll probably alternate between the old and new vials. Overall dosage will be very close to what is outlined in the OP.

Last edited:
More muscle rounds yesterday. This time upper body:

Single arm cable row: 2 sets
Lat pull down (chin-up grip): 2 sets
Reverse fly machine: 1 set
Cable later raise (unilateral): 2 sets
Landmine shoulder press: 2 sets
Triceps push down (unilateral): 1 set
Push-ups with feet elevated: 3 sets

You may notice that I do a lot of unilateral work for the muscle rounds. This not only helps with muscle imbalances, but it also self regulates the rest periods. When doing unilateral muscle rounds you do not reset in between each side. The time performing one side is used as the rest period for the other.

Loving the log so far brother! Very interested to see how the Fortitude training treats you. I have the e-book myself and was thinking of giving it a go later on this year. Good luck and keep killing it.

Saturday's are a little different. As mentioned earlier, I modified FT slightly moving abs & calves to their own day along with rotator cuff work and conditioning:

Calf press: 3 sets of 12 (slow and controlled)
Cable external rotations: 3 sets
GHD sit-ups: 2 sets
Cable crunch: 2 sets
Ab wheel: 2 sets
Sled run: 3 sets
Farmers walk: 3 sets

weight = 184.0 lb, waist = 32.1", BF est = 13.5%
change from last week = -2.4 lb, -0.6", -1.0%

This was one of those weeks where everything seemed to go perfectly. I'm down over 2lb this week -- almost all true body fat. Although this week was perfect, I'm afraid the this pace is a little too aggressive. I going to simply add one scoop of whey to meal #2. This is only 110 kcal which should provide a little extra protection from muscle loss without affecting fat loss. Who knows, maybe I'll gain a little lean mass.

I am committed to only making small changes such as this. Work the plan. It's all about consistency.

Rule #2 for those with bad genetics: Boring works! Variety should be left to the genetically gifted. Don't be fooled into "muscle confusion" or the latest dietary trick. Find a solid nutrition and training plan and stick with it. Make very minor nutritional changes to support your goal (fat loss or lean mass), but never more than 200 kcal at a time. Training needs to incorporate some form of progressive overload.

45 min of light stationary bike yesterday / low calorie menu.

Back to loading sets yesterday:

Back Squat: 2 sets
Leg Press: 2 sets
GHD Raise: 1 set
Goblet Squat: 1 set
A: Overhead Press: 2 sets
A: Seated Row: 2 sets
B: Lateral Raise: 2 sets
B: DB Push-ups (wide): 2 sets
C: Barbell Curl: 2 sets
C: DB Push-ups (feet elevated): 2 sets

As a reminder, I am not bench pressing at all at this time. I'll be using a weight vest and bands to make the push-ups harder and create overload. By the time I got to them in this workout, my shoulders and triceps were already pretty torched, so I didn't need any additional load yet.

A note on loading and pump sets: These are continuous reps, perfect form, without any pauses. If you are not used to doing sets in this manner, it can be humbling. You may need to lower the weight and work back up.

Diet: No change. 2,500 kcal with 205 gm carbs
Hormones: No change. test 500 mg, tren 350 gm / week

Yesterday was pump sets. Today was low calorie plus 35 min incline walking.

My diet, training, and supplements are all dialed in, working synergistically and effectively.

I'm going to move to weekly updates. But will check the log frequently to answer any questions.

Back to loading sets yesterday:

Back Squat: 2 sets
Leg Press: 2 sets
GHD Raise: 1 set
Goblet Squat: 1 set
A: Overhead Press: 2 sets
A: Seated Row: 2 sets
B: Lateral Raise: 2 sets
B: DB Push-ups (wide): 2 sets
C: Barbell Curl: 2 sets
C: DB Push-ups (feet elevated): 2 sets

As a reminder, I am not bench pressing at all at this time. I'll be using a weight vest and bands to make the push-ups harder and create overload. By the time I got to them in this workout, my shoulders and triceps were already pretty torched, so I didn't need any additional load yet.

A note on loading and pump sets: These are continuous reps, perfect form, without any pauses. If you are not used to doing sets in this manner, it can be humbling. You may need to lower the weight and work back up.

Diet: No change. 2,500 kcal with 205 gm carbs
Hormones: No change. test 500 mg, tren 350 gm / week

following along here

The wife and I are going to a nice steak restaurant tonight. This is the first big meal out since starting the log. My plan is to use my low calorie day menu for these situations. If I eat approx 1,200 kcal at dinner I'll only over shoot the day by a few hundred calories. Definitely not a bad thing once in a while.

Post up your meal plan. I need the times and what is in each meal. Don't forget to place where your training falls into the meal plan.

Start doing fasted cadio, 30 minutes every training day first thing in the morning. This isn't just for losing fat. It will make everything better.

How are you determining the lean mass and fat ratio? ".5lbs of muscle"

Why did you leave the trainers you had? Did they make any improvements?

Post better, clearer pics of your body.

CG

Post up your meal plan. I need the times and what is in each meal. Don't forget to place where your training falls into the meal plan.

Start doing fasted cadio, 30 minutes every training day first thing in the morning. This isn't just for losing fat. It will make everything better.

How are you determining the lean mass and fat ratio? ".5lbs of muscle"

Why did you leave the trainers you had? Did they make any improvements?

Post better, clearer pics of your body.

CG
First, thank you very much for taking the time to help. I greatly value your input.

Three meals plan are attached.

Sun - Cardio only, 1,900 kcal low meal plan
Mon - FT day 1, 2,500 kcal meal plan
Tues - FT day 2, 2,500 kcal meal plan
Wed - Cardio only, 1,900 kcal low meal plan
Thr - FT day 3, 2,800 kcal carb-up meal plan
Fri - FT day 4, 2,500 kcal meal plan
Sat - Abs / HIIT, 2,500 kcal meal plan

Training generally starts at 4:00 - 4:30pm. On Sat I may get in the gym earlier.

I track my measurements on Monday's first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. BF% estimate is based on a combination of my impedance scale and my waist measurement. I use a formula (made it up over the years) that is more heavily biased toward the waist measurement. I know this is not perfect, but it does seem to do a pretty good job. This data is carefully tracked in a spreadsheet. A snapshot of this tool is attached.

Updated photos are attached. Let me know if you need any specific shots. I have no idea how to pose so I hope these show what you need to see.

I'm going to PM you comments on my past trainers. These are all good guys that I worked with for fixed amounts of times. My best shape ever was the summer of 2014 and this was accomplished on my own. My current avi is from that summer.

As I stated in the OP. I have no trouble getting lean. I have no trouble putting on size. Becoming BOTH lean and big however is a complete mystery.

Diet attachments are in the next post. The system will only allow so many attachments per post ...

Attachments

• front-2-21-2016.jpg
    front-2-21-2016.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 285
  • back-2-21-2016.jpg
    back-2-21-2016.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 640
  • legs-2-21-2016.jpg
    legs-2-21-2016.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 1,226
Last edited:
Diet, training, and progress chart attachments ...

Attachments

• low.jpg
    low.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 2500.jpg
    2500.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 301
  • carb-up.jpg
    carb-up.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 297
  • progress chart - 2015.jpg
    progress chart - 2015.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 260
  • Fortitude Training.jpg
    Fortitude Training.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 663
weight = 181.4 lb, waist = 31.5", BF est = 12.6%
change from last week = -2.6 lb, -0.6", -0.9%

Based on the above readings it was a pretty good week. However, of the 2.6 lbs I lost, 0.6 lbs "may" have been lean mass. Given the tools I'm using this can't be certain. But the rate at which I'm dropping weight seems a little too aggressive.

As a result, I'm making a couple of small changes:

1) The attached 2,700 kcal menu will replace the 2,500 kcal menu posted yesterday. The 200 kcal increase is around 75% carbs and 25% fat. Protein is about the same.
2) Adding 20mg / day d-bol for the next three weeks. This should further fight and catabolism. I tend to bloat a little on d-bol, but my diet is hypocaloric and very clean at the moment, so I'm hoping I'll be ok.

Attachments

• 2700.jpg
    2700.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 132
This log will be suspend for the time being. I hired Shelby Starnes tonight and will be working with him until we figure out how to break through my past barriers. I may post an update every once in a while, but in fairness I can't write about any specific protocol he has me following.

I'm looking forward to working with Shelby. I'm 1,000% committed and ready to finally push my physique to the next level!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear