over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

junk food on off day good or bad?

GeorgeMiami said:
Hey folks I am in my off season trying to go up in weight as much as i can in a previous post they told me to eat all the junk food i want on an off day. I add to my usual meal 2 slices of pizza feel like a fat ass do you think its a good idea to eat the junk food on an a off day?

previous thread
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22977

i think its good to have a cheat meal at least once per week.

Cheat meal once per week or else you will just be adding fat my friend not quality muscle.

since you are in the offseason, go ahead and eat stuff and don't stress. just avoid too much crap late at night, otherwise, eat lots and train hard.

its crazy how obsessed i let myself become over the years- and then one day i realised, here i am not eating all the foods that i so much enjoy, for what, really, in the grand scheme of things.

is one cheat day a week going to hurt my gains? i dont care. if i want cheesecake i'm going to eat it whether it be a 'designated' cheat day or not. there is more to life than oats and chicken breast 24/7. life is too short.

imo, the quickest way to burn out on a diet, if your not pre-contest is to be too millitant.

enjoy your taco bell tomorrow.

BFU

bfu is right on the money, might have to go eat me a cupcake right now...

Cheat day once a week is fine! I try to have mine the day before a training day. It really ramps up your training the next day and usually burns off the cheat in a good way!

bigfatandugly said:
its crazy how obsessed i let myself become over the years- and then one day i realised, here i am not eating all the foods that i so much enjoy, for what, really, in the grand scheme of things.

is one cheat day a week going to hurt my gains? i dont care. if i want cheesecake i'm going to eat it whether it be a 'designated' cheat day or not. there is more to life than oats and chicken breast 24/7. life is too short.

imo, the quickest way to burn out on a diet, if your not pre-contest is to be too millitant.

BFU

good reply man,

you still need to enjoy life some... If you feel like taking the lady out to eat or just gettin your grub on solo, do it! dont stress if your gettin your protein, or eatin too much fat... just eat what you feel like and enjoy it... as long as you dont get out of control its just fine.

oh ya get dessert too!

I offseasont was all cheat meals?!?!?!??!?!?!?!...I try and eat a good breakfast lunch and dinner and protien shakes 2 or 3 times a day then whatever else I can fit in...I just got done with Burger King, double whopper with cheese large fries and my DIET COKE..hahhahha....regular coke makes me feel fat..:p

HUTCH said:
I offseasont was all cheat meals?!?!?!??!?!?!?!...I try and eat a good breakfast lunch and dinner and protien shakes 2 or 3 times a day then whatever else I can fit in...I just got done with Burger King, double whopper with cheese large fries and my DIET COKE..hahhahha....regular coke makes me feel fat..:p
AHHHHH, that explains the gastro-intestinal disturbance in your customers back yard..............it was the diet coke:eek: .

oldfella said:
AHHHHH, that explains the gastro-intestinal disturbance in your customers back yard..............it was the diet coke:eek: .

hahahhaha.....Regular coke only from now on!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks for the reply

I can understand that their is more to life then chicken and oats but for me if thats what i need to achieve my goal of being a bodybuilder then thats what i will do i love the bb lifestyle and i love how good it makes me feel i ask so many question about diets because i want to have everything perfect i will keep this lifestyle to the day i die.

bigfatandugly said:
its crazy how obsessed i let myself become over the
years- and then one day i realised, here i am not eating all the foods that i so much enjoy, for what, really, in the grand scheme of things.

BFU

doug1 said:
since you are in the offseason, go ahead and eat stuff and don't stress. just avoid too much crap late at night, otherwise, eat lots and train hard.

Agreed. Good reply.

I have been militant as well but was the most unhappy soul you could imagine....I learned balance is key and still have to relearn that fromi time to time If you want something eat it I say.....And eat alot of it....

For example yesterday I ate a whole box of peanut butter girl scout cookies ( I hate this time of year...lol) and half of another box of them and was bloated uncomfortable as I could get but it relieved my "sweet tooth" I get from time to time that is just about insatiable but I was fat and happy....lol....

GeorgeMiami said:
because i want to have everything perfect i will keep this lifestyle to the day i die.
While I admire your drive and determination, this statement is as unrealistic as they come. I hate watching people set themselves up for failure. But you'll learn. Balance is key... especially in the offseason. If you're this strict now, good luck to you come prep time. You'll be hating life. You're also sacrificing a ton of good quality gains now because 1) you're stressing out too much and 2) you're not giving yourself enough variety, nutrient-wise and preference-wise.

Listen to these guys. You asked for their advice. They are all successful bodybuilders and they know what they're talking about.

I believe a cheat day or cheat meal will actually help you a lot. Not just in satisfying your sweet tooth and keeping you from hating your diet and goin ape shit fat ass one day. But also just because change is a good thing. Your body gets used to stuff and this hinders gains so you gotta throw in a good ole fashioned fat filled meal every now and then just to keep it guessing.

I am suprised by all the responses. I thought that most all you guys were very strict with your meals. Very Interesting

What I like about offseason, is your not constantly hungry like when dieting. Part of growing in the offseason is eating all sorts of varietys. For meat, don't just stick with chicken and steak. Throw in ground beef, shredded beef, beans,pork, turkey,ham, roast beef, everything. Drink fat free milk a few glasses a day and a fair amount of cheeses. For carbs no need to stick with just oats and yams. Eat bagels,breads,fruits,etc.... Thats whats awesome about the offseason. You can have bagels and eggs for breakfast, taco's or burritos for lunch, chickne parmigian with pasta for dinner, shakes, natural PB,etc.... I don't have too many cravings in the offseason. Except pizza.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member