over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

junk food on off day good or bad?

Philips said:
I am suprised by all the responses. I thought that most all you guys were very strict with your meals. Very Interesting

We are when it comes to prepping for a show but we are just ordinary people too, most of us like foods that aren't good for us from time to time....We aren't machines...

IMO fast food is an acceptable way of increasing calories in the off season. One or twice a week eat it. I use fast/junk food 2 days per week to get my calorie intake above 6000, usually on days when i am training my weaker bodyparts.

You got to eat big to be big!

T

you do have a point.
I just freak out sometimes because i wish that i can get a regimen at least from a pro or nutritionist not just me making my own regimen. I have also learned that bodybuilding is a science not just grabbing everything i can find and eat it.

on april going to have Dave Palumbo advise me on a mass gaining program

strongmind said:
While I admire your drive and determination, this statement is as unrealistic as they come. I hate watching people set themselves up for failure. But you'll learn. Balance is key... especially in the offseason. If you're this strict now, good luck to you come prep time. You'll be hating life. You're also sacrificing a ton of good quality gains now because 1) you're stressing out too much and 2) you're not giving yourself enough variety, nutrient-wise and preference-wise.

Listen to these guys. You asked for their advice. They are all successful bodybuilders and they know what they're talking about.

I don't know how many years you've been training for, but trust me, after a few ones the "drive" is absolutely not the same and this lifestyle, as you call it, become less and less enjoyable... to the point it can quickly turn in a chore... training/eating rice & chicken breasts/sleeping 8 hours, repeat again and again and again :eek: :rolleyes:

What a great social life you enjoy living like this my god, oh yeah :eek:

I was like you when I started... followed to a T what Mr Weider told me in Flexmag... never cheated, NEVER! No slice of pizza in my first 3 years of BB, no drink, ect... believe me, LIFE WAS NOT FUN. Sure I learned nutrition and how to train. But was it worthy in the end, when I look back at it now... ABSOLUTELY NOT!

As long as it's not 3x day, eat that junk if you feel like doing so, EAT IT GOOD LORD! Go out with your friends and eat whatever you want, even if it's not a planned cheat day. And just go back on reasonable eating habits the day after.

Too much privations will only get you to the the point where you'll be so frustrated that you'll be angry in everyday life.

And for what? What are your chances to become a pro? And even if your genetics are good enough, do u seriously think you can build a 300 lbs monster physique eating oats and whey only?

Bigfatandugly's answer was a great one.

lol it true what you say . I know that if a person stays strict for such a long time after a couple of years some people get demotivated. I ask these question so that i learn from everyone here that have been doing this for years i just started of 2years 4 months ago right now if they told me i had to eat charcoal to get big i would. My genetics suck!!! but that just motivates me even more so that i can prove to myself that i can do it. I want to be big no matter what and i know i sound like a little kid but its just stuck in my head.

Phidias thanks for your reply i am one of those people that learn from other peoples experience so that i can make mine that much better. As for the comment of me having a chance to be a pro. Phidias in life i have learned that you must set your goals hire then you can imagine so that if for some reason you do not get there you will be in a higher place then you expected. I do the same for business and money.

Phidias said:
I don't know how many years you've been training for, but trust me, after a few ones the "drive" is absolutely not the same and this lifestyle, as you call it, become less and less enjoyable... to the point it can quickly turn in a chore... training/eating rice & chicken breasts/sleeping 8 hours, repeat again and again and again :eek: :rolleyes:

What a great social life you enjoy living like this my god, oh yeah :eek:

I was like you when I started... followed to a T what Mr Weider told me in Flexmag... never cheated, NEVER! No slice of pizza in my first 3 years of BB, no drink, ect... believe me, LIFE WAS NOT FUN. Sure I learned nutrition and how to train. But was it worthy in the end, when I look back at it now... ABSOLUTELY NOT!

As long as it's not 3x day, eat that junk if you feel like doing so, EAT IT GOOD LORD! Go out with your friends and eat whatever you want, even if it's not a planned cheat day. And just go back on reasonable eating habits the day after.

Too much privations will only get you to the the point where you'll be so frustrated that you'll be angry in everyday life.

And for what? What are your chances to become a pro? And even if your genetics are good enough, do u seriously think you can build a 300 lbs monster physique eating oats and whey only?

Bigfatandugly's answer was a great one.

GeorgeMiami said:
. I ask these question so that i learn from everyone here that have been doing this for years i just started of 2years 4 months ago right now if they told me i had to eat charcoal to get big i would. My genetics suck!!! but that just motivates me even more so that i can prove to myself that i can do it. I want to be big no matter what and i know i sound like a little kid but its just stuck in my head.
i have been at this game for 22years and for a looong time i ate low fat to try and get "quality" gains. you know what it got me? nothing, absolutely nothing! i read an article on anabolic extreme many years ago by jason meuller and he(like dogcrap) said you have to eat mega calories constantly. they were right. i went through a 4 month mass phase of mega eating(pissed my wife off) and lots or hard and heavy training, the fat that i gained i lost in 2 weeks of dieting.

do you just eat anything or did you have a meal plan like you already new how many calories you were eating throughout the day?

doug1 said:
i have been at this game for 22years and for a looong time i ate low fat to try and get "quality" gains. you know what it got me? nothing, absolutely nothing! i read an article on anabolic extreme many years ago by jason meuller and he(like dogcrap) said you have to eat mega calories constantly. they were right. i went through a 4 month mass phase of mega eating(pissed my wife off) and lots or hard and heavy training, the fat that i gained i lost in 2 weeks of dieting.

bulldog21 said:
I have been militant as well but was the most unhappy soul you could imagine....I learned balance is key and still have to relearn that fromi time to time If you want something eat it I say.....And eat alot of it....

For example yesterday I ate a whole box of peanut butter girl scout cookies ( I hate this time of year...lol) and half of another box of them and was bloated uncomfortable as I could get but it relieved my "sweet tooth" I get from time to time that is just about insatiable but I was fat and happy....lol....

I just did that two weeks ago! lol. Those peanut butter one's are awesome man. lol

When I want to cheat, or I just have a real strong sweet tooth urge come my way, then I go for either a bag of M&M's or Oreo's. Seriously, it won't do anything to me that I notice the next day. Stuff like a little chocolate or whatever has so little impact and satisfies my sweet tooth craving.

littlemack said:
I just did that two weeks ago! lol. Those peanut butter one's are awesome man. lol

When I want to cheat, or I just have a real strong sweet tooth urge come my way, then I go for either a bag of M&M's or Oreo's. Seriously, it won't do anything to me that I notice the next day. Stuff like a little chocolate or whatever has so little impact and satisfies my sweet tooth craving.

I know!!! Everybody at work comes by and hits me up to buy some for their kids and I can't resist......My excuse is I do it for the Kids...lol...I am just helping the community out by helping the girl scouts I say!! lol..:D :p

Strongmind says they are good for you cause they are made by girl scouts...lol..

try to eat extra clean all the time...stuff like mcdonals definitely has a negative impact on me i can actually feel the junk food making me sick...as for home made cheat meals like a big fat steak and some fires this is ok 1x week this is ok...alex

i think too many people develop eating disorders becoming to anal about their diet. i think like many guys on here who compete, i myself just think about protein and all natural food sources when i bulk and then when i cut i get anal. i think it make the 8 months of bulking that much better and productive. you seriously wont grow enough if you stay extremely militant yearround. unless you are a model and have to look a certain way yearround then its pointless. one day of cheating or whatever isnt gunna get you fat. its all about consistency i have learned and a meal here or there really strengthens the mind from the low fat/low sugar diet when you cut down as well. i dont think many people realize how much food you have to consume to get big like the pros. you arent gunna get 7k cals a day from chicken breast, rice and veggies all day. and i find it really odd if you go to these sites such as this and register and have troubles getting big. heck i have learned so much and i have only been here a few days. i am 23 and about to start the Kane protocol to take it to the next level, why the rest of the idiots at the gym supply themselves with prohormones and shoot a "cycle" once every year. i find it as confusing as seeing someone sign up to a golds when all they do is cardio,really defeats the purpose i think. but to each its own.........

GeorgeMiami said:
do you just eat anything or did you have a meal plan like you already new how many calories you were eating throughout the day?
yeah anything, lee priest says it's ok.:p
gives plenty of energy for training and on the weekends nothing is off limits, i like my desserts way too much.
it should be noted that my training was high volume a bit with a solid 5 days a week of training, this burns a tremendous amount of calories, the calories that i feel really add fat quickly is too much junk at night before bed. i didn't worry about protien, if your eating fatty foods then you probably have protein since carbs by themselves don't have fat(except for those krispy kreme donuts), i tried to get a protein shake after training but it wasn't always, i get tired of shakes, you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies

doug1 said:
yeah anything, lee priest says it's ok.:p
gives plenty of energy for training and on the weekends nothing is off limits, i like my desserts way too much.
it should be noted that my training was high volume a bit with a solid 5 days a week of training, this burns a tremendous amount of calories, the calories that i feel really add fat quickly is too much junk at night before bed. i didn't worry about protien, if your eating fatty foods then you probably have protein since carbs by themselves don't have fat(except for those krispy kreme donuts), i tried to get a protein shake after training but it wasn't always, i get tired of shakes, you know what i mean.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws