just did caliper measurements

doug1

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
the 7 point jackson/pollock has me at 6.34% approximately,
while the parrillo 9 point has me at 7.99% approximately
my question is what do you guys use? i'm not entering a contest any time soon and if the 6.34% is considered more accurate then i don't want to keep losing bodyfat as i will invariably start losing muscle as i venture too low. any thoughts and comments is appreciated. i would like to be a little bit leaner getting a bit more cut in the quads and arms but don't want it to cost me any muscle in doing it.

the 7 point jackson/pollock has me at 6.34% approximately,
while the parrillo 9 point has me at 7.99% approximately
my question is what do you guys use? i'm not entering a contest any time soon and if the 6.34% is considered more accurate then i don't want to keep losing bodyfat as i will invariably start losing muscle as i venture too low. any thoughts and comments is appreciated. i would like to be a little bit leaner getting a bit more cut in the quads and arms but don't want it to cost me any muscle in doing it.

yo what are the differnt points they use on these test or what all places do you measure? what mm do you get on your belly, thigh, side of chest?

This might sound crazy but you can try to google the Army Standards for body fat comp...it takes measurements of neck and waist (at belly button). I know that there are web sited that will then compute it and let you know what your BF is...I would be curious to see how they compare to what your getting using the other methods...either way...good luck

to be perfectly honest

not trying to give you a smart-ass answer but the mirror and the scale are all i need. 2 different people can have the same bf% and look totally different.

I totally agree....you can take that a step farther and two people that are the same ht and wt can look totally different...
I was just trying to give the original poster some different outlets...I personally go by the how I look and feel method...

Body Fat Calculator

yeah, thanks for replies, i don't think im really all that close to being in a condition to lose muscle, not yet.

Given the accuracy of the skinfold technique both of these measures are correct. You are almost certainly within 3-4% of your measure :)

Bodyfat measurement is a rather gross technique even when using a dunk tank. It is fairly reliable as a relative measure used on the same person and measured by the same person.

not trying to give you a smart-ass answer but the mirror and the scale are all i need. 2 different people can have the same bf% and look totally different.

aint dat da troof!!!

I am fortunate enough to have access to a DEXA machine, which measured me at 9.2% 3 weeks ago. I am currently 210 6'2. I also had the Jackson & Pollack (7 site measurement) done, which measured me at 6.1%. As mentioned before, caliper measurements can error by approx. 3%, this is why sports such as high school and college wrestling only allow athletes to reach 5-7% respectively.

The DEXA is really interesting. It seperates your body into regions, measuring grams of fat, muscle, and bone mass. Its crazy, my left arm has 500 grams more muscle than my left (over a pound), but also 200 grams more fat. I also found out my bone mineral density is above normal.

Very interesting! Then the Parrillo is pretty accurate. That definitely answers the accuracy. Thank you! :action-sm

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner