over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just Got Back for The Ballys Interview

anabolicdragon

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I just got home from the interview....not taking the job well at least at that location. It was for a Personal Training position. The job would be like a hour drive and after hearing how you are paid it wouldn't be worth it. Here is some info:

1) You don't get paid any kind of hourly wage. Well you do it is called "prospecting time" and you only do that about 2 hours out of the work day. And even then that is for only new trainers. Trainers with time in at the club at like 3 months don't get that money. Also it is only 7.50 an hour.

2) You can get clients in 3 ways. 1) When they join the ballys they get free personal training sessions. After their free sessions are up it is up to you to try to get them to buy more. These clients that you get to buy more or through prospecting you get 23.0 hour at level 1, 26/hour at level 2, 31/hour at level 3 36/hour at level 4. The different levels are of "status" as a personal trainer there. You can go up in levels by getting more training through ballys...but you have to pay for the extra training.

the 2nd way to get paid is through clients the club gives you. You get 10.00 an hour for them.
Your first 3 months are a trail period at the end of those 3 months you re expceted to have 10 paying clients.

So all in all the money does not look great. I am not in it for the money to start but it still has to be worth my time, energy, gs and money to take the job. There is a ballys that is 20 minuts from me so I will try them tuesday. I wonder if NYSC is the same way.

Oh to top it off my car broke down on a major interstate coming home. It is 91 degrees out I had to walk a half mile to the exit and wait an hour for a cab which cost me 44.00 to get home.

Now I still have to go to the gym and go to work tonight (bouncing) I have to be there at 10.00. And it is already 3:00 pm
So far only 1 meal and no nap before work...God I am going to be cranking....no one better fight tonight. :)

anabolicdragon,

Too bad it isn't more what you were hoping for.

I gotta tell you, your attitude is pretty damn good. Car broke down, taxi, crappy job offer and your post sounds positive.

Keep the good attitude and good luck with the search.

Bro....I've been in the Gym business for about 8 years as a trainer and manager and I wouldn't recomend Bally's anyway. They're one way......all about themselves and making money. Not real concerned about you or the member. I don't know what area you're in but I'd shoot for Gold's or 2nd best 24 hour fitness. Take care.

patk

PatK has some nice knowledge about careers in the gym; and everyone Ive spoken to that works for Golds loves it.

ONE MEAL???? EGAD!

I HOPE YOU DON'T KILL ANYONE! HAHAHA.....NO FOOD AND ALL THAT HASSLE! MAN, I HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF VEHICLE TROUBLE IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS........AND ONE NIGHT AS I WAS WALKING HOME <VEHICLE IN SHOP> A DOG BIT ME!

Re: ONE MEAL???? EGAD!

JETHRO TULL said:
I HOPE YOU DON'T KILL ANYONE! HAHAHA.....NO FOOD AND ALL THAT HASSLE! MAN, I HAVE HAD MY SHARE OF VEHICLE TROUBLE IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS........AND ONE NIGHT AS I WAS WALKING HOME <VEHICLE IN SHOP> A DOG BIT ME!

Damn now that is some shit.

It is 6:00pm and I have just got up from my nap..my body feels so tired but I am going to drag myself to the gym anyhow. Now I have 2 meals in me, LOL.

On a serious note If I get in the ballys closer to me I will suck it up and take that or the NYSC that is near me. Something to get some XP for later.

By all means if you need to take a position just to get experience, then that's what you gotta do. I guess you can suck it up for awhile huh? Whatever you do, make sure that you take advantage of every aspect of the gym. Ask lots of questions and learn the business, even if your only training.....build a good relationship with the managers and other staff, you can learn alot that will get you far down the road. Remember.....knowledge is power! Take care.

patk

ive worked at fitness usa before too same thing as balleys your not a personal trainer your a salesmen.. simple as that. Peronsal trainers get paid for thier services, your going made for your sales... I left that shit as place.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws