over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just got back from pec tear surgery

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
HELLO. I'M IN ALL CAPS AND TYPING WITH ONE HAND TO MAKE IT EASY.

I WENT IN FOR SURGERY AROUND 1PM. I WAS AWAKE AROUND 4 OR 4:30. THEY FOUND (I THINK) THAT THE TENDON WASN'T DETACHED FROM THE BONE. IT DID TEAR FULLY THOUGH. THEY TOOK THE TWO PIECES AND PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER. I HAVE A CRYO CUFF ON AND WILL FOR A WHILE. KEFLEX, VICODIN, NAPROXEN, AND TORADOL ARE MY MEDS.

I'M GOING TO CONTINUE ON MY MILK THISTLE AND CISSUS BECAUSE OF HOW HARSH THAT JUNK IS FOR THE BODY.

TRUE PROTEIN JOINT FORMULA, MULTI-VIT, MILK THISTLE, CISSUS, AND WHEY ISOLATE ARE GOING TO KEEP ME HEALTHY.

I WILL PROBABLY ORDER SOME SYNTHETEK STUFF BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE HAS IT. ANY INPUT AND INSTRUCTIONS ON THEIR SUPPS WOULD BE GREAT.

I ALSO NEED TO RESEARCH PEPTIDES FROM OUR SPONSORS. AGAIN, INPUT AND INSTRUCTIONS FROM YOU GUYS WOULD BE GREAT.

ALL ADVICE IS APPRECIATED. IT'LL BE WARM AGAIN BEFORE THINGS GET A TON BETTER!

Glad you are through that and its done. After being laid up for months after my quad tendon surgery, my advice is, above all be patient with the healing process. Also, keep your nutrition on target and keep your mind occupied so the time will go fast.

Are they going to have you on PT at some point?

Last edited:
i feel you man i hap a procedure on my right hip and couldn't even leave my bed for a few weeks...i have to have the same procedure on the other side in another month, def not looking forward to it but sometimes these things happen. best of luck to you bro

how long will you be out for? pec tears usually go a year (upper body) for recovery?

How did you tear your pec bro?

Hey bro good luck with the healing process. I tore my pec 2 years ago( tore tendon completely) had it fixed. Have 2 still screws at the attachment point. Be very patient and follow your rehab schedule completely. I was back to training after 5 and 1/2 months and back to full strength at 14 months after surgery. Mine was very painful and I felt like I was never going to get back at it. My surgen kept reassuring I would be back to normal as long as I didn't push and do something stupid and push. Just eat clean and focus on doing what you need to get all healed up. Again good luck.

Had my pec tear repair about 4 1/2 months ago. I tore two of the three heads from the humerus. Recovery was painful at first but now the pain has subsided ROM is great just working on the strength side which is going slow and steady. I figure it will take me a full year for a full recovery. I tore my distal bicep tendon about 6 years ago and it took a about a year for a full recovery so i figure this will be the same. Good luck with your recovery.

HELLO. I'M IN ALL CAPS AND TYPING WITH ONE HAND TO MAKE IT EASY.

I WENT IN FOR SURGERY AROUND 1PM. I WAS AWAKE AROUND 4 OR 4:30. THEY FOUND (I THINK) THAT THE TENDON WASN'T DETACHED FROM THE BONE. IT DID TEAR FULLY THOUGH. THEY TOOK THE TWO PIECES AND PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER. I HAVE A CRYO CUFF ON AND WILL FOR A WHILE. KEFLEX, VICODIN, NAPROXEN, AND TORADOL ARE MY MEDS.

I'M GOING TO CONTINUE ON MY MILK THISTLE AND CISSUS BECAUSE OF HOW HARSH THAT JUNK IS FOR THE BODY.

TRUE PROTEIN JOINT FORMULA, MULTI-VIT, MILK THISTLE, CISSUS, AND WHEY ISOLATE ARE GOING TO KEEP ME HEALTHY.

I WILL PROBABLY ORDER SOME SYNTHETEK STUFF BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE HAS IT. ANY INPUT AND INSTRUCTIONS ON THEIR SUPPS WOULD BE GREAT.

I ALSO NEED TO RESEARCH PEPTIDES FROM OUR SPONSORS. AGAIN, INPUT AND INSTRUCTIONS FROM YOU GUYS WOULD BE GREAT.

ALL ADVICE IS APPRECIATED. IT'LL BE WARM AGAIN BEFORE THINGS GET A TON BETTER!

good luck dave. I had pec tendon repair for the same injury. The tendon ripped in half where it attaches to the pec major. I will tell you that g and igf will truly speed the recovery. If you want specifics of what i did shoot me a pm, i am sure there are better protocols but mine worked.

Dave good to hear You are doin ok...I'll hit You up

good luck dave. I had pec tendon repair for the same injury. The tendon ripped in half where it attaches to the pec major. I will tell you that g and igf will truly speed the recovery. If you want specifics of what i did shoot me a pm, i am sure there are better protocols but mine worked.

YGPM

IN HALF? NO SCREWS OR ANCHORS? WHAT WAS THAT LIKE? I WASN'T TOLD MUCH TODAY. HARDER OR EASIER IF TORN IN HALF VERSUS PULLED OFF BONE?

HE USED STRONG SUTURES ON MINE.

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS EVERYBODY. THE ENCOURAGEMENT IS CERTAINLY NEEDED.

YGPM

IN HALF? NO SCREWS OR ANCHORS? WHAT WAS THAT LIKE? I WASN'T TOLD MUCH TODAY. HARDER OR EASIER IF TORN IN HALF VERSUS PULLED OFF BONE?

HE USED STRONG SUTURES ON MINE.

The story that my ortho gave me is, they can insert a tendon back into the bone very successfully, with almost not loss of strength etc. In some cases they think they can reattach it better than it was attached. Mine, they had to repair the tendon and re-attach it to the pec major. No screw or anything. The analogy was he was sewing two sheets of wax paper together. Over time, mine has regained the majority of the strength etc. I just know that now, i no longer do exercises that bother my chest in the slightest. It hasn't hurt my chest development, has just forced me to get creative:D

i had mine re attached to the humerous(pec major tendon), as far as strength, take your time...i ripped mine benching...some quit benching forever...i went back to it a year later, worked up to some decent weights but in fear of fucking it up again i keep to reps. that was about 6 years ago, last month was the first time i put 3 plates back on that bar ha, just to see if i could do a few, and i said i gonna f myself up again if i keep pushing it so i stick to reps with lighter weights

to any guy who have the surgery, what does it cost? i mean the total bill - the amount your insurance covers and the amount you pay.

I DON'T KNOW MY BILL YET. I KNOW THAT VICTOR PRISK WOULD HAVE BEEN ROUGHLY 53,000 AND AFTER MY INSURANCE IT WOULD HAVE COST ME 23,000. HE'S OUT OF MY NETWORK THOUGH, WHICH THEY PAY 60%. I'M ASSUMING THE SAME PRICE HERE, BUT INSURANCE COVERS 80%. CAN'T TYPE MUCH. HOPE THAT MADE SENSE.

I'M HOPING THE SUTURES HOLD WELL.

Just make sure you do not stress that repair at all until the tendon is completely healed. I was told at least 6 weeks. Then start your PT. But consult your doctor first, obviously.

Last edited:
wishing you a speedy recovery.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws