over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

just got back from the doc.

little slice

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
turns out I have moderate to severe sleep apnea.

I stopped breathing 81 times in under 4 hours. and just plain slept like garbage in general.

getting set up with a mask and machine this week.

for anyone who's wondering, im 5'10, about 235.. so not crazy big. if you think you may have sleep apnea and/or you snore, you should probably get checked out.

what made u decide to get checked out?
i wonder about this myself.

I stopped breathing 81 times in under 4 hours. and just plain slept like garbage in general.

for anyone who's wondering, im 5'10, about 235.. so not crazy big. if you think you may have sleep apnea and/or you snore, you should probably get checked out.

I told u so when u told your symptoms little while ago in another thread that it defo sounds to me sleep apnea and you were complaining that you were not able to concentrate in the day etc which I said has to do with you not getting enough Deep REM sleep which happens in sleep apnea Or getting garbage sleep as you put it here . glad u getting the mask and the machine. all the best.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

what made u decide to get checked out?
i wonder about this myself.

I snore, wake up numerous times during the night, would wake up out of breath, could fall asleep at any time of the day if I let myself, would occasionally wake up with a mild headache, been having difficulty focusing/remembering things.

basically the classic symptoms. my doctor said that using anabolic steroids will definitely contribute to the incidence of sleep apnea..

Happy that you had it checked and caught it before things got worse. Good luck with the machine and hopefully things turn out well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Become one with the mask, it's your newfound friend!

All joking aside! Good that you pursued this, without second guessing yourself! Undiagnosed/untreated sleep apnea is associated with major comorbidities, outside of cardiovascular issues.

Hopefully other's will pursue the possibility that they may have undiagnosed OSA!

Last edited:
what is the best way to battle this other than CPAP ? Weight loss ?

Damn man that's serious stuff, I know a lot of bodybuilders who have sleep apnea and they say they can't sleep without Their mask and machine. Even if they get 10 hours of sleep they're miserable. Hope everything works out for you.

I was the same way. I would wake up gasping for air, I had a hard time staying awake while driving. got the cpap a few years ago, cant imagine sleeping without it now. also my bp has been good since using the cpap. it will take a while to get use to but you will be a happy man

I'm glad you got this taken care of Slice! Hopefully you start to feel rested and just better overall. I still need to do one.

I snore, wake up numerous times during the night, would wake up out of breath, could fall asleep at any time of the day if I let myself, would occasionally wake up with a mild headache, been having difficulty focusing/remembering things.

basically the classic symptoms. my doctor said that using anabolic steroids will definitely contribute to the incidence of sleep apnea..

I've heard provigal helps during the day.

what is the best way to battle this other than CPAP ? Weight loss ?

There are three different forms of sleep apnea; obstructive, central or mixed.

With any of the three you can have a low BMI and body weight.

The stigma of being overweight in relationship needs to be rewritten in many medical books.

There's dental appliances you can use if you have mild OSA. For moderately to severe OSA you'll need continuous airway pressure.

The Winx system looks pretty cool. I may switch to it from Bi-pap.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got this taken care of Slice! Hopefully you start to feel rested and just better overall. I still need to do one.

Bio, have you been screened?

I've heard provigal helps during the day.

perhaps...but id rather not rely on a drug, especially one that supposedly greatly reduces appetite, when all I need is better sleep.

can't wait to start using that machine.

I have an overnight sleep study scheduled for next week..I have all the issues you describe. I finally decided to do something about it since I've really worried about falling asleep behind the wheel with my kid in the car..ugh.
The one thing my primary care mentioned is that I have a really narrow airway and the thing that hangs in the back of your throat(uvula?) is really big too.
So I am seeing an oral surgeon as well. I'd love to not have to use the mask, but I'll do whatever for my health and safety at this point.

the mask should be good for gains... since apparently ive been sleeping like shit.

according to the charts, there were numerous periods where I was only asleep for about 3 minutes before I woke back up :confused:

I probably haven't had a good night's sleep in years... as I have had concentration and memory issues for a while now.

I have been meaning to get one just haven't yet, I have all the symptoms you mentioned, waking up gasping has only happened a few times though, I wake up on average 7-8 times per night and that's from 10pm till 6am. It seems like every 45 min to 1 hr I wake up.

Is there a direct correlation between age and risk? My father has sleep apnea, and I have most of the symptoms associated with sleep apnea. Being 23 years of age, is this problem even common for my demographic?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws