advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just got out of the hospital with a major blood clot in the leg.

Glad you're ok. That's what killed Big Bapper.

i know i dont post much but am glad to hear everythings is good...was also wondering..I am all for getting blood disorders checked just not sure which kind of doc to see..egular physician or someone else..anyone?

Maldorf, DNA testing looks awesome.

I saw some internet prices for it at $450. Tons of genetic health factors are explored. Looks to be worth doing it now, imo.

i know i dont post much but am glad to hear everythings is good...was also wondering..I am all for getting blood disorders checked just not sure which kind of doc to see..egular physician or someone else..anyone?

Hematologist would be best. My cardiologist though was the one that tested me after I insisted on it.

Maldorf, DNA testing looks awesome.

I saw some internet prices for it at $450. Tons of genetic health factors are explored. Looks to be worth doing it now, imo.

Yeah, just be sure it tests all of the factors in the clotting cascade. Im not quite sure what the tests consist of. I do know that there are also other tests besides genetic that are involved too. One test utilyzed viper venom as a reagent.

Damn, that is some scarey stuff. I'm glad you are still alive!

glad your ok bro that sounds scary..

for maldorf,,emeric or anyone....

Does insurance usually cover the tests for blood disorders? I have a HMO, not sure if i could just go to patient first and get this done?

Also any idea how common these disorders are?

glad your ok bro that sounds scary..

for maldorf,,emeric or anyone....

Does insurance usually cover the tests for blood disorders? I have a HMO, not sure if i could just go to patient first and get this done?

Also any idea how common these disorders are?

I doubt insurance would cover it unless you have had a blood clot already or have a family history. I do know my Dad and mother had theirs done and medicare picked it up. They got tested after I had my heart attack because I insisted on it. My father was normal but my mom had it.

Mine, prothrombin, happens in like 2% or so of the caucasian population. I think factor 5 is more common. If you added up all of the disorders then your chance of getting at least one of them is much greater.

I doubt insurance would cover it unless you have had a blood clot already or have a family history. I do know my Dad and mother had theirs done and medicare picked it up. They got tested after I had my heart attack because I insisted on it. My father was normal but my mom had it.

Mine, prothrombin, happens in like 2% or so of the caucasian population. I think factor 5 is more common. If you added up all of the disorders then your chance of getting at least one of them is much greater.

thanks bro, you are a great source of information for all of us. because of you and your story i take hawthorne, q10, aspirin daily and i def feel better and my BP is way down than it was about 1.5 years ago when i was younger and naive and just let my bodyfat and blood pressure go sky high in an effort to gain size.

any idea how expensive such a test would be? i def want to get tested for this once i save up some $$,, you cant put a price on your health.

Glad you're ok. That's what killed Big Bapper.

I know Big A, I actually thought about him. I was a very lucky person.

5% of Caucasin`s have factor 5 and 1.2% of African / American`s has factor 5.

glad you're ok greg. thank god you caught it just in time.
حمدالله على السلامه
"thank god for making it to safety"
ما تشوف شر
"I hope harm never finds you"

Glad you're ok Pesty...

Whoa! Glad to hear that your ok P.........

did you have any cold feet? what are where you taking at the time?

Thanks for sharing and glad to hear your alright bro. Scary stuff.

when doc's do yearly blood work on a person is hematocrit something they check automatically or would I have to request it? If I want my doc to check it what can I tell him is my reason for wanting it checked? I don't want anything related to aas in my records.

Wow. These are certainly wakeup calls Pesty. I glad you cleared it. Your initial post should be a "Sticky". Anecdotal advice received here (I give it myself) is no substitute for medical care.

I currently err on the side of caution in visiting the doctor etc, but not before my wakeup call either.

Question:

Did your Hematocrit ever get above 50 or so when "on"? Mine always did even on barely above HRT dosages.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131