advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just got out of the hospital with a major blood clot in the leg.

For all you guys who think they can self administer thierselves or ask for Doctor's advice here. Think again!! I thought I had a spider bite on my leg for the last month, turn out to be a blood clot from my upper thigh to the bottom calf. I am actually lucky too be talking at this point.

Yea, I am one of those guys who waits until the last moment to go to the Doctor. I have thank God, for letting me survive this and learned a valuable lesson from it. Go to the Doctor when something doesn't look right!!
No one on here can give you Doctor's advice, so when you have a serious problem arrive, don't ask a public forum for advice on something that could effect your life.

Too all those who will ask, I am fine, after 4 days of Heparin drip, I just have to take blood thinners for a while and monitor blood work. I was one of the lucky ones.

First off, Good to see your OK!

Will this change your training in any way? Added cardio, higher reps maybe? Will you be on clean street from this point on?

For all you guys who think they can self administer thierselves or ask for Doctor's advice here. Think again!! I thought I had a spider bite on my leg for the last month, turn out to be a blood clot from my upper thigh to the bottom calf. I am actually lucky too be talking at this point.

Yea, I am one of those guys who waits until the last moment to go to the Doctor. I have thank God, for letting me survive this and learned a valuable lesson from it. Go to the Doctor when something doesn't look right!!
No one on here can give you Doctor's advice, so when you have a serious problem arrive, don't ask a public forum for advice on something that could effect your life.

Too all those who will ask, I am fine, after 4 days of Heparin drip, I just have to take blood thinners for a while and monitor blood work. I was one of the lucky ones.

A very good point indeed! Thanks for the advice.

First off, Good to see your OK!

Will this change your training in any way? Added cardio, higher reps maybe? Will you be on clean street from this point on?

I eat very clean now. I have been training at about 60=70% max. I tend to want to do lighter weights, stricter form now anyways. I have no pain in my joints at all.

pesty im glad you are ok bro! SCARY!!!!!! i gotta thank you for sharing your situation though bro, everyone always wants to look at the benefits of steroids but wanna turn their head to the health risk involved.

To answer your question: Doctor said it was OK to train. I don't train heavy anyways, but stricter form. Test really didn't contribute, IMO. I haven't taken over 500mg in about 3 months. The Doctor told me it is genetic (runs in the family). As long as I take the coumadin and get blood work, I will be OK.

Damn pesty, well glad you took care of it and not wait too long..

thanks bro, you are a great source of information for all of us. because of you and your story i take hawthorne, q10, aspirin daily and i def feel better and my BP is way down than it was about 1.5 years ago when i was younger and naive and just let my bodyfat and blood pressure go sky high in an effort to gain size.

any idea how expensive such a test would be? i def want to get tested for this once i save up some $$,, you cant put a price on your health.

No idea on the cost, but I think its considerable. It might be several thousand but I really dont know to be honest. IF you have a family history though then insurance should cover most of it I think. like I said, both my Mom and Dad had theirs done and paid by medicare.

Pesty glad you are ok.

Seems things are getting scary around here. Seems like a lot people coming down with risk. Maybe time for everyone reevaluate what they are doing.

Glad you are ok Pesty and hope you going to reevaluate some things given your predisposition to clotting.

Stay safe Bruther...

glad you are ok man!

Pesty what were you running for any and all anti aromatases or antiestrogens over the last 6 months?

Also fat burners? <----(im going a dehydrated route as you can summise.....do you feel you have been taking in enough water at at least a gallon to a gallon and a half per day)

Last edited:
Pesty what were you running for any and all anti aromatases or antiestrogens over the last 6 months?

Also fat burners? <----(im going a dehydrated route as you can summise.....do you feel you have been taking in enough water at at least a gallon to a gallon and a half per day)

From what I heard, his hematocrit wasnt even out of range. I think in his case it was like me where it was a matter of the factors in the coagulation cascade being out of whack. When I had my blood clot my hematocrit was about 48 and hemoglobin around 15.5 or so.

I had bloodwork done a couple of months ago. Everything came back good. I do however, don't think I drink enough water. I have taken 500- 750mg of test, 300 mg of masteron on average, in that time. I do not take in much anti estrogens, just a little, no need to with the masteron. I haven't take much fat burners in that time, and none in at least 2 months.

Last edited:
I also had a blood clot in my leg, some fragment of it even made it to my lungs. It was over 5 years ago. The blood clot stayed in my leg for 2 plus years after I was diagnosed. Its now gone, but it did destroy some of the viens in my leg. I have daily pain in my leg and it alters my life quit a bit, like I stand most of the day at work and I drive with my left leg. But I am alive...thank GOD.

Steroids definitaly caused my blood clot, not doubt.

I also had a blood clot in my leg, some fragment of it even made it to my lungs. It was over 5 years ago. The blood clot stayed in my leg for 2 plus years after I was diagnosed. Its now gone, but it did destroy some of the viens in my leg. I have daily pain in my leg and it alters my life quit a bit, like I stand most of the day at work and I drive with my left leg. But I am alive...thank GOD.

Steroids definitaly caused my blood clot, not doubt.

Its good that more people are reporting these problems now. Sure just the fact that so many of us have had clots doesnt necessarily prove anything, but is sure as hell begins to paint a picture. Risks significantly increase and incidents that probably never would have happened do happen.

PESTY-GLAD YOU ARE GOOD.

My mom had a clot that caused Atrial Fibrilation last year. I have taken more than 1cc of "T" on only 2 occasions in my life. It's the reason I'll never be as large as I want to be.

Your story only reinforces my decision.

Thank you.

Be passionate about what you do in,life, but in the process take care of your health also, You get one life, so embrace it while you are here :)

Pesty glad to hear your ok.You know there seems to be alot of this lately,It scares the hell out of me,I havent cycled in months trying to get my blood counts down enough to give blood at american red cross.Finealy Wed. I was able to donate double red.How many points do you guys think that will drop my count?Not trying to hijack thread just felt it was related.

Pesty, how's things going for you now?

Something that has been on my mind off and on... I remember you saying you had done some traveling overseas. Do you think sitting on an airplane long hours played into that at all?

I'm glad everything ended well. Take care of yourself...

I had the same thing 3 years ago. A clot in the back of my leg. It was awfully painful, though! A mixture of sensations: as if someone was choking my leg, (deprived from oxygen), and the pain you get when someone's hitting you with a baseball bat down on the calf!

The only time it didn't hurt was when I moved around. I even had to dance around while I pissed just to keep from standing still...

I got 20 injections for blood thinning directly in the abs, for 10 days, and then the pain slowly subsided...

By the way, I never ever used any kind of "super supplements"...

p.s. Did you have any kind of pain?

Glad you are ok be careful with your injects while you are on coumidin it helps to prevent your blood from its natural coagulation process. Thins it so take care to avoid injuries. Good to know you are doing well. MM

Pesty glad to hear your ok.You know there seems to be alot of this lately,It scares the hell out of me,I havent cycled in months trying to get my blood counts down enough to give blood at american red cross.Finealy Wed. I was able to donate double red.How many points do you guys think that will drop my count?Not trying to hijack thread just felt it was related.

Hard to say really. A regular donation of 500 ml doesnt do much of anything to my hemoglobin the first time. I will come back 3 weeks later and it will be just maybe 1/2 pt lower. The 2nd time I give it will drop about 1 more point. then the third time another 1 point. I would say if you did a double red, your hemoglobin will drop at least 1 point or more. I would then look for your hematocrit to drop by 3-5% or so.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131