over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just got out

DrSwoleWhite

Newbies
Just did 3 years in federal prison where we had weights and was benching 315 for 10 followed but sets of 6-8, squatting 315 for 3 sets of 10, dead 495 for 1 at 195lbs and still run 5k in under 24 minutes. Since getting home and working 10+ a day and barley getting gym membership after 3 months of nothing 225 feels like 1000 pounds on every lift haha Got pre workout and some gainer to get weight back up and have more energy in the gym.
Fitness was my life before and during my incarceration and since falling in love with crossfit on the inside my resume in the sports is very broad.
New to forum and like seeing all the support and wisdom here.

Just did 3 years in federal prison where we had weights and was benching 315 for 10 followed but sets of 6-8, squatting 315 for 3 sets of 10, dead 495 for 1 at 195lbs and still run 5k in under 24 minutes. Since getting home and working 10+ a day and barley getting gym membership after 3 months of nothing 225 feels like 1000 pounds on every lift haha Got pre workout and some gainer to get weight back up and have more energy in the gym.
Fitness was my life before and during my incarceration and since falling in love with crossfit on the inside my resume in the sports is very broad.
New to forum and like seeing all the support and wisdom here.

Congratulations on your freedom,and welcome to the board

I'm glad you did your time and are out back now already working hard, that is great. You will settle in to your new schedule and start making gains again I am sure. Be patient. If you are like me and in your late 40s and feel like your test levels might be low you could see a men's clinic or an endocrinologist like I did. Stay natural if your levels are ok. Keep up the hard work.

Welcome back to the world. There are others of us here who have done time. I was down for 3 years in the Feds at Lewisburg camp in Pennsylvania after Operation Raw Deal. Then halfway house and supervised release, but as long as you have a decent probation officer it's not too bad. Once you are completely off paper you will really have your freedom back.

In prison we had plenty of time for working out, but back in the real world you really have to prioritize around your job, family, and other commitments. But as this is your passion, you already know the struggle and sacrifices are worth it. I've been lifting weights for over 33 years now, and I can't imagine life without it. It will always be a major part of my life, just as I assume it will always be part of your life.

Enjoy your new freedom, and especially having access to better protein sources than packs of mackerel, salmon, and tuna LOL! Now you can eat and grow as much as you want! And live your life as you please.

It’s awesome the institution had access to weights I think it’s awful some don’t and you have guys trying to keep their size and sanity with push ups and curling mop buckets.

Welcome! Did sometime time myself...glad to hear you made it worth your time and trained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.5 years at club fed for me also. Got in the best shape of my life. Be very careful about illegal activities such as buying anabolics. I know with me they kept a very close eye on me for several years. My best advice to you is to watch your associations.

Take care of yourself brother

Welcome back to the world. There are others of us here who have done time. I was down for 3 years in the Feds at Lewisburg camp in Pennsylvania after Operation Raw Deal. Then halfway house and supervised release, but as long as you have a decent probation officer it's not too bad. Once you are completely off paper you will really have your freedom back.

In prison we had plenty of time for working out, but back in the real world you really have to prioritize around your job, family, and other commitments. But as this is your passion, you already know the struggle and sacrifices are worth it. I've been lifting weights for over 33 years now, and I can't imagine life without it. It will always be a major part of my life, just as I assume it will always be part of your life.

Enjoy your new freedom, and especially having access to better protein sources than packs of mackerel, salmon, and tuna LOL! Now you can eat and grow as much as you want! And live your life as you please.

I was in Florence camp in Colorado and had lovely weight pile my brother. No halfway house I refused it to go straight home but 3 years paper and PO said I'll be done with in 2 years. The sacrifice is deff worth it and thank you for the advice.
Much love doggy and stay swole

Congratulations on your freedom..

Anytime you have a schedule change it takes a little while before you are able to get a good training schedule and momentum returns. Keep up with it and you will return to where you want to be. Don't let the number on the weights effect you. Just make sure you continue to get good workouts.

Glad you're back, and congrats on your newfound freedom. It must feel awesome! Just keep pushing and keep us posted on your progress. Should be in the groove in no time!

It’s awesome the institution had access to weights I think it’s awful some don’t and you have guys trying to keep their size and sanity with push ups and curling mop buckets.

Lol bro, fights in prison break out everyday.. yeah, let’s give inmates weights so they can hurt each other’s.

Lol bro, fights in prison break out everyday.. yeah, let’s give inmates weights so they can hurt each other’s.

Weights is actually what keeps the peace. Mellows everyone out and if anything were to happen with a weight or bar its gone for good. So the respect on a prison weight pile is so big that noone would date act a fool to get it taken away. And people tend to re rack their weight and help maintain it as well so that was a big plus to haha

So not having access to weights will make the prison less violent or the violence won’t be as brutal because there not using weights? THATS lol bro!

When I was inside we had no weights and we made due with what we had access to and it made a huge difference. We had access to a small gym for an hour a week and when we lost that privilege for disciplinary reasons the tension got thick and noticeably worse.

Last edited:
Weights is actually what keeps the peace. Mellows everyone out and if anything were to happen with a weight or bar its gone for good. So the respect on a prison weight pile is so big that noone would date act a fool to get it taken away. And people tend to re rack their weight and help maintain it as well so that was a big plus to haha

This is exactly correct. Been there done that. Actual experience not just hypothesizing.

Exactly true. In jail and in prison I saw fights break out in the chow line, in the TV room, in the bathroom, at work...but NEVER on the weight pile. You can find some disrespectful people anywhere in life, but inmates lifting weights were more respectful to each other, appreciative of the hard work put in by others, and appreciative of the chance and privilege to work out, which can be taken away at any time.

Working out in prison is something positive to focus on, in a place where there is so much negativity. Inmates need positive things to keep them on the right track, whether that is working out, or church, or taking college classes, or especially visits with their family. Give them positive reinforcement and you will see better outlooks and behavior. Give them nothing but punishment and boredom, and then you see guys getting aggravated, aggressive, and fights breaking out...because they have nothing better to do.

Keeping the weights in prison is better for everybody, even most of the CO's (guards) will acknowledge that.

wrong

Sorry but you are wrong in this instance. If I remember right, a buddy of mine did 35 months and had weights and said very little fights because of weights. In fact, if there was a fight close to the weight pile they would close the weights down. So, if two guys were about to go at it, their buddies told them to take it far away and if they didn't they'd get them later in the cell. That weight pile was like the golden arches to inmates. Fights were over people owing for loss bets, or they owed someone for something.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws