over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just Had Neck Surgery

jerseystepup

Registered
Without going into crazy detail... I've been in some pain for a while... Severe nerve pain down my left arm... turned out i had a fully ruptured disc that was putting pressure on my spinal cord in my cervical area... I ended up having an Anterior Cervical Corpectomy (similar to a micro discectomy) with fusion of c6 and c7...

3 weeks prior to the operation i was running test/tren/mast/growth.. here i am 2.5 weeks post op on nothing obviously... Cant workout... and never looked worse in my life... i look like a soft fat fck...

Anyone ever go through a procedure like this? I'm super depressed with how i look and feel... Im stuck on my couch for 10 more weeks in this disgusting looking collar and they won't let me do shit.. luckily I've been able to keep the pain med to a minimum as i don't wanna go down that road at all..

Anyone out there ever been though this?? i feel like total and utter shit... and onto of it all had to sell every last bit of gear i had, as i have no insurance and needed every penny available... anyone know what I'm going through?

I had a anterior cervical discectomy (C4-C6) early last year. Wore a neck brace for 6 weeks and was not allowed back into the gym for 2 months post-op… and that was only because they felt I was doing really well.

Don't just lay there on the couch. Walk. That's what I did. Keep that metabolism rev'ed up. When you get back in the gym, you will need to be patient. I had nerve damage from the pressure on those cervical nerve roots. I lost strength and size on my left side because of it. You will get it back if that has happened to you, I did, but you have to be very, very patient. It took me a year of persistent, hard training to get back to where I was before. Getting those nerves back online is a very slow process (think as in 1 mm per day nerve regeneration), but you have a provide the stimulus for that to happen. Don't be OK with the status quo. Nerve regeneration is slow. I made sure I kept my IGF levels very healthy too.

Bottom line, I feel I have made a 95% recovery. But keep your eye on that goal and take it a step at a time.

As far as the money, don't worry about it to much if you can. You did what you had to do. Focus on your physical recovery.

hello chaps, ive had c5-6 disc removed and a carbonfibre disc put in and a metal plate to keep everything sturdy and some bone removed also.
i had to wear a neck brace for 8 weeks, and now starting to get the use of my right arm back.
the bad bit is that ive put on about 30lbs of fat and have lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks of getting back to the gym lifting v light and some cardio.
yes this has been a very bad time for me as before the neck injury i was 5 10" and 260lbs and the leanest ive ever been, before i was back at the gym i was 275 and the fattest ive ever been, now very weak and very un fit.
on the bright side i allways do v well after a layoff, gear works really well and i allways put muscle back on v quickly and im using this as an opertunity to get to 10% bodyfat or lower all year round which ive havent been able to do before
i wont use any gear untill im training really well and the body fat is down and as im nearly 40 this is a very slow process

Wish you a speedy recovery bro

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke