over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just saw that Andy Haman has passed...

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I saw that Palumbo announced it about 10min ago. Andy sat down with his wife and ate next to myself and my girlfriend back in 08 or 09 on Olympia weekend at a Vegas sushi spot. He was quite a character. RIP

RIP
He was quite a character...LOL dude just had fun always

Yeah.. was a regular fixture up to about 10 years ago at shows and booths.. sad.. seemed like a great guy who liked to have fun

There was a thread or maybe he stopped by here many, many years ago..? I remember some crazy videos he posted. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Dang it. I remember him posting here.
Rip

Funny dude on here back in the day...Was part of the first issue of the Anasci Newsletter too. Cool family...Too young, RIP!

Sad to hear. I remember him, he did live life R.I.P.

That's awful news! Only 55. Like everyone said, he was a character and I remember when he posted here for a bit. He was pretty strong too. RIP!!

Last edited:
Crap. I ran into this guy after he guest posed at our state show and asked for advice on my elbow problems. He spent a ton of time giving me advice from his own experience. One of the most genuine Pros I've met. You also could tell he had given 120 percent on the guest posing routine... Dude was spent, lol. Definitely not one of those guest posers that just phones it in.

any news on the cause? is this the guy that was pretty wealthy because he had won significant amount of money playing the lottery?

any news on the cause?
Lonnie Teper:

ANDY HAMAN PASSES AWAY AT 55

I got the news in a 1:45 pm text from Dave Liberman on Saturday. A good source told Liberman that Andy Haman died. Although an autopsy has not yet been completed, Andy's wife Michelle said the death was due to complications from elbow joint surgery. Haman was 55 years old.

"The Doctors believe it was a massive blood clot to his heart, lungs or brain," she said early Sunday morning from her Colorado Springs, CO home. "

'If you recall, Andy tore his triceps about four years ago and had to have it completely reattached", Michelle said. "Last Sunday his elbow became very swollen and painful. He went to his Orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday, who drained it with a syringe and it was full of pus.

"The Doctor then cancelled the rest of his afternoon appointments and scheduled Andy for immediate surgery. After the surgery he was in the hospital for three more days on IV antibiotics and blood thinners.

"He came home Thursday afternoon and was fine on Friday, other than a huge splint on his arm. He was just laying on the bed, and rolled over and stopped breathing.

"He was taken off the bed and and CPR was started. Paramedics were called but they think it (death) was pretty much instant.

"One year ago Andy had a deep thrombosis in his calf, which broke off and went to his lung as a pulmonary embolism. He almost died there, but made it to the hospital, where he was put on IV blood thinners for 10 days. With his history of this the Doctor's believed that is what happened again."

Michelle said Andy was "larger than life and was as crazy and silly at home as people would see at Expos and that's how everyone should remember him"

Andy had the perfect last name....I called him Andy the Ham , meant in a good way, for his lively, creative persona. You never knew which character he would be portraying when he worked booths at Expos. But what you did know is there would always be long lines of fans waiting to get their shot at meeting the irrepressible one.

Haman eared pro status after winning the Masters Nationals, but he was best known at one time as an All-American high school and college wrestling champ. At the University of Iowa Haman wrestled under the iconic Dan Gable. He was also one of the strongest bodybuilders in the game.

He called me a couple times a few years ago, wanting to guest pose at my NPC West Coast Classic. Since I had Jay Cutler appearing nearly every year in that capacity, I politely declined the offer.

From my experience, Haman was a really nice man, and always had his entourage of Michelle and their four children with him at nearly all of his appearances.

I doubt any media member was as close to Haman as veteran journalist Bill Geiger, who was devastated by the sad news.

"Andy was one of the contracted athletes with MuscleMag International from 2008-2013," said Geiger, who was Group Editorial Director for MMI and Reps at the time.

"We did many photo shoots and trips together. He'd bring one large suitcase to each shoot filled with his goofy props, like a rubber chicken or his caveman outfit.

"Just an incredible man, gifted entertaining folks and a wonderful family man. Andy didn't just do what you asked, he was willing to go a step beyond.

"He was really a very considerate, caring individual".

I think all of us who got to know the man feel exactly the way you do, Bill.

Andy Haman, RIP.

Even for the superhero guest posing Andy had his elbow heavily wrapped under the costume and was in pain from it. Dude was trooper.

Blood clots hit fast and hard, I found out because it nearly killed me. RIP Andy. Sounds like he escaped a couple of earlier incidents. He should have been on Coumadin or another anticoagulant probably. Sounds like he may not have been.

Not wanting to derail the thread at all but what are the causes of these clots that seem quite a common occurrence?

Not wanting to derail the thread at all but what are the causes of these clots that seem quite a common occurrence?

Could be genetic. There are gene tests that can be done to see if you're more susceptible. Factor V Leiden is the most common genetic disorder and The Prothrombin Mutation is the second most common genetic disorder. Other ways are from deficiencies, auto immune and acquired conditions.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16788-blood-clotting-disorders-hypercoagulable-states

Could be genetic. There are gene tests that can be done to see if you're more susceptible. Factor V Leiden is the most common genetic disorder and The Prothrombin Mutation is the second most common genetic disorder. Other ways are from deficiencies, auto immune and acquired conditions.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16788-blood-clotting-disorders-hypercoagulable-states
Yep.. I have two buddies who both suffered from it.. ones dad died at a pretty early age from it

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics