over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just something I noticed today.

This thread has a great vibe. Nice to see a positive attitude towards what we have today. On the other side of the coin, I stopped working out with others a while ago. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but I just ran out of time. I also realized that when I would work out with others to the extent listed here, all of us always ended up over training. My question to you guys is; How do you keep yourselves from over training? You guys are vets, and I know everyone wants to be able to have input on the workout while you are all together, but simply put, if you all chime in and you all do what each of you expect, how do you keep the overtraining metric stable and on the positive side?
Great post thought Dusty.

Very true. Hotttsauce and i have pretty much trained together for 3 years. On the times we're not training together, to be honest I dont enjoy it and only put in 60-70% of the effort I normally would. Not that I dont try, but its just different.

Its nice that you can train with someone without talking if you want, just give a nod to do either another set or move on to a different exercise and kill it. Best training partner i ever had. Our only problem is we get so competitive that i think we overtrain at times. I still like killing it each and every workout though.

Our only problem is we get so competitive that i think we overtrain at times.

That was what my problem was. I was getting nowhere. Everyone pushing and pushing to do more sets and more exercises made me overtrain, and basically just destroy my joints. To me, there's not enough recoup time in a week to recover from what we used to do. I started to sit back, do less, reluctantly, of course, because in my mind less was less not less was more. After about 6 months I realized I was better off not working as hard as I was. I was strong when I powerlifted with them, but again, my joints hurt so bad after a while from doing "their" exercises instead of just "my" exercises that I ended up falling back after I hit my 30s. Now I just go in, throw my headphones on, train by myself, and get the fuck out of the gym. But I'm 37 now and have different priorities.

Training with someone who is just as competitive and driven as you are is a powerful tool.

I train alone 99% of the time, but my best workouts have been when I have someone with me and we are grinding away.

I would say that awful workout after being up for 72 hours at 4am with you Dusty was one of my favorites haha. I actually had someone with me who pushed me.

Come on down man...Everyone is in growth phases down here...Rob hit 220 Im 211 trying to catch up with him...

And I'm 232 and they're both trying to catch me hahahahahahahaha!

Man, i had a great time in Rob's studio yesterday! That's what it's all about to me bros. We need that everyday! By the way, I'm not looking forward to tuesday. the workout I can handle but Dusty sitting there teasing me while I'm having a baby I'm squeezing so hard on the hack squat with a few Carl's Jr burgers will throw me over the top!

Very true. Hotttsauce and i have pretty much trained together for 3 years. On the times we're not training together, to be honest I dont enjoy it and only put in 60-70% of the effort I normally would. Not that I dont try, but its just different.

Its nice that you can train with someone without talking if you want, just give a nod to do either another set or move on to a different exercise and kill it. Best training partner i ever had. Our only problem is we get so competitive that i think we overtrain at times. I still like killing it each and every workout though.

It is weird but seems like Main and I feed of each others energy and for sure, it isn't the same training alone anymore. Sometimes he carries me thru my workouts, including some mild distractions at the gym I have to deal with. Don't think I could really do it anymore without him there. That was pretty evident tonight. I use to have a workout partner that I kinda clicked with, then went it alone for a while. Ever since Main and I have been training together, well, it's more fun and productive.

I have to admit, I know we sometimes over do it. Seems like he will do an extra rep or two, then that means you have to put an extra plate on for the next set right???? WRONG! We are trying not to get into the war of lifting or worry about the power lifters in the corner and trying to do as much as they do or impress people at the gym. Although we tend to say, no I go first .... lol! Yea, it feels great when someone asks how much is on the leg press and your like, "dunno, about 1,200 to 1,400lbs.", but that doesnt matter much anymore. I am really fortunate to get to workout with my best friend and also have a training partner that "feels the vibe" during a workout and keeps me straight. He is the greatest guy in the world, best friend you could ask for and a hell of a bodybuilder. Even if he does throw a 45 plate at me from time to time!

So last week I was flipping through a muscle and fitness and reading about the glory days of BBing. As I read the article I found myself wishing I was in the scene back in the day. When the sport was a brotherhood and although Arnold and company all competed against one another they were almost like a family. It was a bond forged by iron that lasts between each of them even to this day. After reading the article I sat and thought of what it must have been like to train among your rivals who also happened to be some of your best friends. How it must have felt to be a member of such a tight nit group who all had the same love of the iron game as well as respect for one another. Again I just wished I could have been there and experienced it all first hand.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I was just finishing a grueling leg workout with my training partner who I call the mute and another good friend of mine who lurks here but never posts. We had all just taken ourselves to what felt like the brink of death. An achievement that none of us could have accomplished without the silent rivalry that happens amongst friends at the gym. Each of us pushing one another to reach our absolute best while also trying to outdo one another. The workout was complete and we all went into Rob Roy's Fit By Design studio to bullshit and talk trash. As I was sitting there amongst RobRoy, Best Poser, The Mute, Tone, GrassMan,(sorry had to come up with a name), G Gazel and myself I couldn't help but notice that I don't need to wish I lived back in the days of Arnold and Franco, we are living them now. I noticed that I was surrounded by some of the best athlete's and people I know and we are much like a family bound by our love of the iron. So to those who say the glory days of BBing being a brotherhood are over all I can say is come train with us, because from where I sit the old timers just laid the foundation that we are building on. Where we train anyone is welcome to join but if you do come bring a toothbrush because work always comes before play.

Awe big bear nearly brought me to tears. well your smell earlier today did.. lol. just kiddin. No I agree I love being part of this great group of people. I can honestly say over the past year I have gained a couple unruly brothers and found my two best friends in Angela and Yoly, Robroys incredibly sexy kickass wifey. I have never worked harder or played harder and as we talked about at new years, Its going to be one hell of a year!
As you go through life its hard to imagine doing something you don't truly love. Once you find it, dont let go because anything that brings you joy is what life is all about. :)

I'll tell you what....it' something that i've never experienced!! I've never been around a group of guys who train like demons and give each other hell while were doin it! Definitely a great environment and one i'll be taking a MUCH bigger part in!

P.S: Dusty and Rob, please have mercy on me?

Great post!

The camaraderie really is great between all of us in that studio. I was actually thinking of how nostalgic that afternoon was...like a throwback to the days of old. :)

It is weird but seems like Main and I feed of each others energy and for sure, it isn't the same training alone anymore. Sometimes he carries me thru my workouts, including some mild distractions at the gym I have to deal with. Don't think I could really do it anymore without him there. That was pretty evident tonight. I use to have a workout partner that I kinda clicked with, then went it alone for a while. Ever since Main and I have been training together, well, it's more fun and productive.

I have to admit, I know we sometimes over do it. Seems like he will do an extra rep or two, then that means you have to put an extra plate on for the next set right???? WRONG! We are trying not to get into the war of lifting or worry about the power lifters in the corner and trying to do as much as they do or impress people at the gym. Although we tend to say, no I go first .... lol! Yea, it feels great when someone asks how much is on the leg press and your like, "dunno, about 1,200 to 1,400lbs.", but that doesnt matter much anymore. I am really fortunate to get to workout with my best friend and also have a training partner that "feels the vibe" during a workout and keeps me straight. He is the greatest guy in the world, best friend you could ask for and a hell of a bodybuilder. Even if he does throw a 45 plate at me from time to time!

The morale of our story is we dont have that here...lol. Except with Edge and he's about 2 hrs away. We have alot of powerlifters or should I say "Bench Pressers" and a few gym rats but thats about it. Oh and guys who like standing around talking and taking up fucking space.:de:il-smi

So in a way you guys are the new Venice! Sweet.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam