YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just started accutane....so ditch the oral AAS for now?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Second thread of the day....sorry!

I did an accutane cycle when I was a kid and it worked well, no more face acne and not as bad on my back but since I started AAS the back acne has gotten pretty rough, always big cystic guys that never seem to go away and drive me nuts. Well I didn't want to do accutane again just because I remember the horror of my cracked lips for 8 months straight and all that crap but I was doing some research and the new prevailing notion backed by studies is that every other day low dose use for a shorter period works comparably well to the old method of huge doses everyday for long periods. So that being said I'm going to give it another run, 40mg every other day for 4 months.

I plan to use tudca and liv52 but even with those does using accutane pretty much mean I should ditch the oral AAS for the time being? Never had any liver issues in the past even during moderately heavy oral use, bloodwork confirmed. But still don't want to mess around too much....

What do you guys think?

I wouldn't touch accutane again personally. Just as with finasteride and the SSRI's, there are many people who report enduring sexual difficulties, not only while taking accutane, but long after stopping the drug.

There are of course people who do take it without a problem, but there are many who develop sexual problems, depression, or anxiety after taking accutane.

You've taken it before, I assume without problems, but even so it is something to think about.

I was prescribed accutane as a teenager, my bloods were so screwy, granted I had done AAS but wasn’t at the same time, oral AAS and accutane at the same time is asking for health issues

Yes, definitely ditch them. Accutane is poisonous enough by itself but if you really need it, it can be a lifesaver.

Dont take orals or drink. I would lower down injectables too. I tried it twice and could take the sides even at low does, but it does work.

I'd tax the liver as little as possible. The easier you go on the liver the better. You can definitely overload it causing permanent damage. . Personally, I don't mix alcohol, accutane, orals, oraspirin.
I'm also on lamotrigine and that's conflicting too but that's not as common. Just throwing it in.

I went through 3 cycles of isotretinoin under supervision by my dermatologist. Bloodwork has never been a problem, but my highest dose was 200mg a week. Here, if you get a script for it, you have to get bloodwork every 4 weeks (to check liver/lipids). As you have stated correctly, low doses work as well, it just takes longer to build up. Once you've reached the effective dose you can lower it even more to maintain. I would always suggest getting blood work done at least once a quarter when self prescribing.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws