over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just tried INSULIN. Have a log here, but need advice

GoneForever

Banned
So its my first time ever using it. I gotta say, I was a bit nervous but I did everything I should have(I think) Here is the day.

11:00am breakfast 50g protien 40g carbs 2tbsp flax(hopefully fat was ok at this time)

1:30pm 30carbs from gatorade 40gwhey then trained 30min later

3:30pm. Done training inject 8iu HGH check BSL was at 97
4pm Did 4iu's humalog with 40carbs gatorade 50g whey 5g creatine
Check bsl at 30min later and it was 109

5pm checked bsl again(81) and had my 2nd post slin meal which was 1hr later. 10oz turkey and a nutrigrain bar(25carbs)

5:30 BSL was 103
6:30 BSL was 85
7pm bsl 91
7:30 bsl 92
8pm had next meal. 8oz chicken and a large apple(40g carbs)
30min later bsl was at 118
9pm bsl 103
9:30 bsl 89
11pm bsl 92 then I had a protien shake(just 50g whey/egg/casien and 2tbsp)(hopefully fat is ok now)
12pm bsl 95
1am bsl 86 cottage cheese with 2tbsp flax oil(hopefully fat is ok now)

So basically, do my #'s look right? The 118bsl kinda scared me b/c only one apple made it jump up that high and it never got that high till like 4hrs later. My whole goal is to ramp the dose up but I wanna keep fat to a minimum. So, I presume its fine now to eat fat since its been more than 5hrs since the slin shot right? And the 3rd post slin meal confuses me. I know you eat 10carbs per iu pwo, then 5cabs per iu 1hr later, but what about that 3rd meal 2-3hrs later? Whats that supposed to be at?

Last edited:
fourthgen said:
And the 3rd post slin meal confuses me. I know you eat 10carbs per iu pwo, then 5cabs per iu 1hr later, but what about that 3rd meal 2-3hrs later? Whats that supposed to be at?
The 2 meals basically cover the insulin shot. Then it's back to whatever meal schedule you have. Of course, always good to have quick carbs on hand for 4 hours or so, just in case.

???

how long have you been training and using gear? slin is not something to be taken lightly. that being said, just be careful, have some sugar around you for at least 6 hr deppending on what kind of slin you use. it reacts different to eveyone, some love it some dont. also some medications do interfere with it.
please just be careful!!!
lucian

looks like you got it down, I dont know of many people that will test their glucose that often, but I think it is needed, as I do the same. everything looks good to me!

Any reason why that apple made my levels jump up so high(118) Anyone what amount of carbs should be eaten at meal #3? Also, my whole goal is to add as little bodyfat as possible when I bulk with slin. Im deiting now, but wanted to try it out a few times before I actually added it to my bulking cycle. So im gonna stick with the 10carb per iu rule then 1hr later 5carb per iu, but that 3rd meal is buggin me. Also I don't want to have a fat free day when on slin, b/c I need fat when I bulk, but I figure as long as I have it at least 3-4hrs before my humalog shot and at least 5hrs after the shot I should be ok right?

BUMP about the 3rd meal? 10g carbs per iu immediately then 1hr later 5carbs per iu but how many carbs per iu for the meal 2-3hrs following that? Thanks

fourthgen said:
BUMP about the 3rd meal? 10g carbs per iu immediately then 1hr later 5carbs per iu but how many carbs per iu for the meal 2-3hrs following that? Thanks
Hey, like I said, with Humalog the first 2 meals are to cover the shot. After that it's really back to your regular program. For example, if dieting and you already ate your daily allotment of carbs for that day to cover the shot, you will only eat protein and fats after that etc.

fourthgen said:

Hey friend!
Don' t play with humulin, or do you want became a vegetable for all life?
Let the old and dangerously protocol with insulin!

10gr/i.u. immediately is the too small quantity!

The prudence and security carbo protocol is:
20gr/i.u. of carbos rapids(malto or dexstrose) immediately
10 gr /i.u. of carbos slowly(rise or bread) 1 hour later
10 gr/ i.u. of carbos slowly (rise or brad) 2 hour later

If you don't want became diabetic is most important that every cycle with insulin don't excel 21-30 days of use.

(excuse me for my bad english language but I'm European)
Or

KillerStack said:
Hey, like I said, with Humalog the first 2 meals are to cover the shot. After that it's really back to your regular program. For example, if dieting and you already ate your daily allotment of carbs for that day to cover the shot, you will only eat protein and fats after that etc.

I thought humalog was in your system for 5hrs, so after the first 2 meals, i've still got around 3.5hrs where its still in me?

Look up some of my prior posts on this subject. I just don't want to piss anyone off by saying they are wrong. You are doing everything right by me. And I should know since I have been on insulin (due to myself being diabetic) for over twenty years. I also have a lot of other posts on this same subject at many of the most popular boards under my other screen name s14358g. Good luck bro.

:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner