over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just went to Endo in St. Louis

jrl3741

Newbies
I am 51 and just went to an Endo in St. Louis who reviewed my Lab Corp blood test which showed my Serum Testosterone levels at 344. He took another blood sample to find out what the free test levels are. Should have results tomorrow.

He then asked me to call my insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield to determine what my insurance coverage would be for Testosterone Replacement Therapy (injection & gel). They informed me that my coverage would allow for the following: Injections - 200 mg ENA, 30 day supply from pharmacy would be $5. 90 day supply through mail order would be $5. TestRed(?) - 10 MG caps. 30 day supply $50, 90 day supply would be $100.

I called his nurse and she said he likes to start patients on Gel 1st, then to injections. But overall, will do what is most affordable. Here is the kicker - "the Dr does not usually prescribe testosterone cypionate for injection to be done at home. Usually you would have to come in to the office for each injection. Other medications that can be used are the gel formulas such as Testim, Axiron, Fortesta and Androgel".

My questions are:
1. Is this normal? Do patients on Dr. prescribed TRT not do their injections at home?
2. If not, can anyone point me in the right direction for locating a TRT Dr in St. Louis?
3. Are any of these Gels worth pursuing 1st?

Thanks in advance for your input and I apologize or the lengthy message.

Endos are convinced the patients cannot give themselves injections and usually never prescribe enough T to get you to the "feel good" test levels.

I go to a clinic that gives me the vial for home injections and because its a "wellness" clinic they get me to the top of the testosterone reference range (1197 ng/dL) but they don't take insurance.

Btw, did BCBS say what they consider to be low test numbers before they will cover testosterone? I'm pretty sure BCBS also require 2 blood draws on separate days within a couple of days of each other, both before 10 am?

Endos are convinced the patients cannot give themselves injections and usually never prescribe enough T to get you to the "feel good" test levels.

I go to a clinic that gives me the vial for home injections and because its a "wellness" clinic they get me to the top of the testosterone reference range (1197 ng/dL) but they don't take insurance.

Btw, did BCBS say what they consider to be low test numbers before they will cover testosterone? I'm pretty sure BCBS also require 2 blood draws on separate days within a couple of days of each other, both before 10 am?

BCBS here in MO too. I'm curious.

So Pressing, what's that wellness center charging you monthly/yearly to keep you in optimal range and what's it include?

Have not seen any place like this yet in the central Mo / KC or Columbia areas.

Last edited:
BCBS here in MO too. I'm curious.

So Pressing, what's that wellness center charging you monthly/yearly to keep you in optimal range and what's it include?

Have not seen any place like this yet in the central Mo / KC or Columbia areas.

Check your pm.

Often dr's start you off with injections at the office and once you are leveled out and they are confident in you self injecting they let you do it yourself

I was on the gel/cream for the first couple of weeks. Went to the doc and said it does not fit my schedule and really is a headache to get on everyday. I asked for injections.

He 'taught' me how to do them, now I do them at home every 7 days.

I am 51 and just went to an Endo in St. Louis who reviewed my Lab Corp blood test which showed my Serum Testosterone levels at 344. He took another blood sample to find out what the free test levels are. Should have results tomorrow.

He then asked me to call my insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield to determine what my insurance coverage would be for Testosterone Replacement Therapy (injection & gel). They informed me that my coverage would allow for the following: Injections - 200 mg ENA, 30 day supply from pharmacy would be $5. 90 day supply through mail order would be $5. TestRed(?) - 10 MG caps. 30 day supply $50, 90 day supply would be $100.

I called his nurse and she said he likes to start patients on Gel 1st, then to injections. But overall, will do what is most affordable. Here is the kicker - "the Dr does not usually prescribe testosterone cypionate for injection to be done at home. Usually you would have to come in to the office for each injection. Other medications that can be used are the gel formulas such as Testim, Axiron, Fortesta and Androgel".

My questions are:
1. Is this normal? Do patients on Dr. prescribed TRT not do their injections at home?
2. If not, can anyone point me in the right direction for locating a TRT Dr in St. Louis?
3. Are any of these Gels worth pursuing 1st?

Thanks in advance for your input and I apologize or the lengthy message.

1. Yes
2.NA
3. YES

I mean why do you go to the doctor if you won't follow their advice? Plenty of literature supports the gel use and or pellets and I do not see why you want to by pass a proven protocol? Trust the person with 15 years of school.

On the comment that endos do not trust patients with injections, you are right, mainly because of lawsuits and the fact that if you messed up and fail to follow proper procedures and get an infection unknown to you that could kill you, your wife or love ones could take legal action because we allowed you with no medical training to do it by yourself. So yes we are looking out for us on this one, bc for every good patient there is always a bad one.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131