advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just what does it take to get SHREDDED...

GetSuperBig

Banned
As above...

Interested to hear how low your calories go in like final 8 weeks then 4 weeks....amount of cardio you do and your body type.

Im down to about 10% right now...naturally an endo type...so find it very very hard to get lean.

No cardio yet just very clean diet of about 2400-2500cals and one cheat meal a week.

Aim is to get to 6% by end april..

Know ill have to add in some fasted cardio probs 30mins to start and increase every few weeks...then drop cals too!

Never been below like 10% before!

SOOOOO...

How do YOU get to very low bodyfat!

Cheers

As surprising as it sounds. The answer is working your ass off.
Its easy to get in decent condition. It is HARD to get in shredded condition, it takes proper committment and very hard work.

No amount of drugs, fat burners, 'Tricks' will get you as shredded as working your ass off, and i firmly believe that. Have enough there to stop you losing muscle, e.g. Diet, AAS. and the rest is down to you!

Completely agree!

Thought hard work was just common sense...

Just wanted to know calories etc people are on in final 8weeks onwards so to speak

Last edited:
As above...

Interested to hear how low your calories go in like final 8 weeks then 4 weeks....amount of cardio you do and your body type.

Im down to about 10% right now...naturally an endo type...so find it very very hard to get lean.

No cardio yet just very clean diet of about 2400-2500cals and one cheat meal a week.

Aim is to get to 6% by end april..

Know ill have to add in some fasted cardio probs 30mins to start and increase every few weeks...then drop cals too!

Never been below like 10% before!

SOOOOO...

How do YOU get to very low bodyfat!

Cheers

calorie deficit is the answer and hard training to maintain muscle mass. But number 1 is calorie deficit.

Low carb, keto, PSMF, carb cycling, Intermittent Fasting, 6 meals a day, Fucking Banana diet, they all will fail for you unless you are in a calorie deficit. You can get shredded eating ice-cream (as long as there is some protein in there )

AKA feeling like death.

It's that great feeling the last 2-4 weeks where you are sitting on the toilet and say hey legs get me up. It's those insomniac trips to the fridge to look at all the shit you can't have. It's those 5-6 am cardio sessions where your eyes are still pasted shut because you finally just was able to fall asleep a few hours ago. It's going to a friends birthday party and everyone is plastered and eating shit meanwhile you are eating chicken and broccoli and politely fielding all sorts of ridiculous questions the whole time wanting to snap.

I often see people say competitive bodybuilding is nuts and why go through such
Nonsense for a plastic trophy if your lucky, unless your obviously pro material. Well yes you would be nuts to do it for a trophy. I do it and most all others do it to look your best, to challenge yourself, and to see how hard you can push yourself physically and mentally.

I've never been "shredded". Leanest I've ever been is about 8%. I think it's a little more complicated than what is being stated here.

Yes, diet is #1. However, anyone with discipline can eat a severely calorie restricted diet (high protein). Weight loss is really not that hard. Fat loss on the hand can get very tricky especially at low bf percentages.

I suspect AAS becomes very important at these levels, unless you're genetically super lean. I also think that although any one dietary or training trick will make little difference, the sum of many of these is important. How much cardio? Which fat burners? Refeed frequency and quantity?

Finally, an objective eye is very helpful. It is difficult for us to judge ourselves. We are apt to decrease calories too quickly or make other changes that may or may not be best because we are over critical. I don't compete, but if I did I would definitely use a competent coach at least in the prep phase.

Last edited:
I've never been "shredded". Leanest I've ever been is about 8%. I think it's a little more complicated than what is being stated here.

Yes, diet is #1. However, anyone with discipline can eat a severely calorie restricted diet (high protein). Weight loss is really not that hard. Fat loss on the hand can get very tricky especially at low bf percentages.

I suspect AAS becomes very important at these levels, unless you're genetically super lean. I also think that although any one dietary or training trick will make little difference, the sum of many of these is important. How much cardio? Which fat burners? Refeed frequency and quantity?

Finally, an objective eye is very helpful. It is difficult for us to judge ourselves. We are apt to decrease calories too quickly or make other changes that may or may not be best because we are over critical. I don't compete, but if I did I would definitely use a competent coach at least in the prep phase.

I can tell you now, i am the leanest i have ever been at 7 weeks out, and the plan is to come in FREAKY shredded. I have not touched a single fat burner un till now, my gear is very conservative. However i am training 7 days a week and doing 2 cardio sessions a day on under 100g carbs per day

Its not all drugs. Believe me. Thats were people go wrong.

To add:

1) Cannot say about AAS as I have only anecdotal knowledge about it from my research. AAS is critical as it allows to retain lean body mass while going into considerable calorie deficits.

2) For natural trainees, a calorie deficit is the king. But the deficit has to be rather moderate and not extreme (to allow maximum retention of lean body mass of the athlete). A good rule is also the idea of setting your deficit at 31 kcal per fat mass you have. That means the following:

If you are 200 lbs at 20% bodyfat, it will mean that your lean body mass is: 160 lbs and your fat mass is 40 lbs. Therefore ,your maximum deficit allowed is 1200 kcals, while going lower can elicit loss in lean body mass.

but 20-25% from your maintenance is a good guideline for losing fat while maintaining muscle mass as much as possible.

That's why I didn't mention aas..

Purely wanted to see how low people go on calories

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I can tell you now, i am the leanest i have ever been at 7 weeks out, and the plan is to come in FREAKY shredded. I have not touched a single fat burner un till now, my gear is very conservative. However i am training 7 days a week and doing 2 cardio sessions a day on under 100g carbs per day

Its not all drugs. Believe me. Thats were people go wrong.

You are on some AAS, hence your muscle mass is likely to be preserved more so.
You are in a calorie deficit. The fact that you are under 100 grams of carbs is not the part of your success (unless your protein and fats are higher and compose the majority of your calorie intake and eating under 400 kcal of carbs is a small addition to that). You could be eating 300 grams of carbs and still lose fat and even feel fuller given that you stayed in your calorie deficit.

Your activity levels are high, your AMPK is ramped up big time, so you are losing fat as you are in energy deficit. The body has no choice but to dispose of the fat you have.

We train when leaning out to signal the body that losing muscle mass is bad and that we need it to do WORK! AAS use further amplifies that, allowing Muscle Protein Synthesis suppress and overcome catabolism.

Lastly, you can get shredded eating white bread and pasta, it is all about calories anyway

Last edited:
You are on some AAS, hence your muscle mass is likely to be preserved more so.
You are in a calorie deficit. The fact that you are under 100 grams of carbs is not the part of your success (unless your protein and fats are higher and compose the majority of your calorie intake and eating under 400 kcal of carbs is a small addition to that). You could be eating 300 grams of carbs and still lose fat and even feel fuller given that you stayed in your calorie deficit.

Your activity levels are high, your AMPK is ramped up big time, so you are losing fat as you are in energy deficit. The body has no choice but to dispose of the fat you have.

We train when leaning out to signal the body that losing muscle mass is bad and that we need it to do WORK! AAS use further amplifies that, allowing Muscle Protein Synthesis suppress and overcome catabolism.

Lastly, you can get shredded eating white bread and pasta, it is all about calories anyway

Don't totally agree with that at all. I got at 5% BF with keeping my calories at 2600 all through 16 weeks. It all depends what kind of calories they. ;)

Don't totally agree with that at all. I got at 5% BF with keeping my calories at 2600 all through 16 weeks. It all depends what kind of calories they. ;)

pesty4077, with all my respect, the argument for eating "clean" is the biggest myth ever. I can point out to some vital arguments.

this myth has to die

To add:

1) Cannot say about AAS as I have only anecdotal knowledge about it from my research. AAS is critical as it allows to retain lean body mass while going into considerable calorie deficits.

2) For natural trainees, a calorie deficit is the king. But the deficit has to be rather moderate and not extreme (to allow maximum retention of lean body mass of the athlete). A good rule is also the idea of setting your deficit at 31 kcal per fat mass you have. That means the following:

If you are 200 lbs at 20% bodyfat, it will mean that your lean body mass is: 160 lbs and your fat mass is 40 lbs. Therefore ,your maximum deficit allowed is 1200 kcals, while going lower can elicit loss in lean body mass.

but 20-25% from your maintenance is a good guideline for losing fat while maintaining muscle mass as much as possible.

Very interesting. I've never seen someone set calories based on fat mass. It's usually done from the lean mass side. Is this something you discovered on your own?

Your formula would bring my cutting calories to around 2,130. This is just about the low point that I would expect. I would start at 2,800 and work down to this level over eight weeks.

pesty4077, with all my respect, the argument for eating "clean" is the biggest myth ever. I can point out to some vital arguments.

this myth has to die

Just a question. And i have seen your physique very pleasing, have you ever been down to sub3-4%?

Last show I did being coach by homonunculus I was eating a ridiculous amount of food the entire prep. He kept joking with me how jealous other competitors would be if they knew how much food I could consume.... IMO, it was all about nutrient timing...eating the right things at the right time, in the right amounts.

I would say that in general, you can get very lean just by being in a deficit, but 1) without the proper macronutrients your performance will suffer 2) without proper nutrients at critical times (around training) muscle can atrophy 3) nutrient dense foods and proper macros are beneficial in sustaining health while deiting

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131