Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A Fat That BURNS Fat?
By Justin Harris
For www.EliteFTS.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many forms of fat are “healthy.” Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to decrease inflammation and benefit circulatory system health. Omega 6 fatty acids are actually “inflammatory” fatty acids, which work to increase the pro-inflammatory leukotriene, LTB4. LTB4 augments the production of interleukin 1, which is called the endogenous pyrogen, and establishes the temperature set point of the body. An increase in the temperature set point will cause a subsequent increase in the metabolic rate.

The types of omega 6 fatty acids are linoleic acid, eicosadienoic acid, dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, adrenic acid, docosapentaenoic acid, calendic acid, and gamma-linolenic acid. In this article, we will focus on the latter, gamma-linolenic acid.

Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) is an essential fatty acid (EFA) in the omega-6 family that is found primarily in plant-based oils. EFAs must be obtained from food because they can’t be formed by the body in the way that nonessential fatty acids are. They are needed for normal brain function, growth and development, and bone health. They also stimulate skin and hair growth, regulate metabolism, and maintain the body’s reproductive processes.

Those who are overweight have an under-active fat known as brown adipose tissue (BAT). BAT is a type of fatty acid found in hibernating animals, and its primary purpose is to generate body heat. The method by which it does this is called metabolic uncoupling. It causes an uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons into the mitochondria across the cell membrane. Oxidative phosphorylation is a very potent method of storing energy that is much more effective than any other method in the body. When the proton enters the mitochondria, it changes the pH levels inside the mitochondria causing it to release its energy as heat instead of usable adenosine 5’-triphosphate (ATP).

GLA’s method of action in the body is quite unique because it has the potential to actually burn fat in the body. Its action on BAT is potentially its most exciting method of energy usage. It activates BAT, and in turn, burns calories. GLA also activates the ATPase metabolic process, commonly referred to as the “sodium pump,” and stimulates it to use up nearly 50 percent of the body’s total calories. Some studies have shown a relationship between obesity and low levels of GLA in the body. Indirectly, GLA also has the potential to raise serotonin levels, which can reduce appetite.

Another type of metabolic uncoupler is the highly effective and highly dangerous 2,4 dinitrophenol, known on the “street” as DNP. Knowing that a legal, nonlethal, and readily available DNP type product is available should have all of us salivating at the mouth...and highly interested in this exciting method of fat burning where we are actually using fat to burn fat.

Now, all of this information is essentially useless if you don’t know where to find concentrated forms of GLA. Lucky for us, GLA is found in many fatty acid products that are available at any nutrition store. Two fat sources in particular—evening primrose oil and borage oil—both contain high levels of GLA. Of the two, borage oil is more potent.

My nutritionists and I at www.troponinutrition.com recommend adding a small dosage of borage oil (1–3 g) to each meal on low and medium carbohydrate days to our clients. This borage oil is added to a mixture of essential fatty acids that we use to provide as much metabolic and health-boosting nutrients as possible during contest preparations and other times of body fat loss.

As owner of Troponin Nutrition and the reigning Jr. USA Super Heavyweight bodybuilding champion, Justin Harris has helped hundreds of athletes with individualized, sport-specific diet and nutrition planning. His writing on nutrition and performance has been featured in publications including Muscular Development and Ironman magazine, and he has been featured on the cover of numerous other publications. Justin is known for his pre-contest nutritional consulting.

Elite Fitness Systems strives to be a recognized leader in the strength training industry by providing the highest quality strength training products and services while providing the highest level of customer service in the industry. For the best training equipment, information, and accessories, visit us at www.EliteFTS.com.

Last edited:
OH! That is what that is. I thought Borat oil had something to do with this guy....

Last edited:
OH! That is what that is. I thought Borat oil had something to do with this guy....

lmaooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue with Borage oil, aside frm its quality, is that its seldom provided any decent results.....and it truely is hard to determine its value at the doses that has been given as theres far to many variables involved....although its uses for skin related diseases is where alot of focus has gone on in the recent times..

Jayuk

Great article by Trop as usual.
I am rotating several types of oils right now to give them a try and Borage is definitely on my list as it's in me cupbaord along with hemp, coconut, UDO's, EVOO and some other types. I always eat low carb high protein moderate EFA diets and it works wonders with my metabolism.

Great article by Trop as usual.
I am rotating several types of oils right now to give them a try and Borage is definitely on my list as it's in me cupbaord along with hemp, coconut, UDO's, EVOO and some other types. I always eat low carb high protein moderate EFA diets and it works wonders with my metabolism.

That same diet works well with my metabolism too Massive......I mentioned hemp oil in the nutrition section of the DC DVD......

That same diet works well with my metabolism too Massive......I mentioned hemp oil in the nutrition section of the DC DVD......

Did you mention Snickers? :D

Those who are overweight have an under-active fat known as brown adipose tissue (BAT). BAT is a type of fatty acid found in hibernating animals, and its primary purpose is to generate body heat. The method by which it does this is called metabolic uncoupling. It causes an uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation by carrying protons into the mitochondria across the cell membrane. Oxidative phosphorylation is a very potent method of storing energy that is much more effective than any other method in the body. When the proton enters the mitochondria, it changes the pH levels inside the mitochondria causing it to release its energy as heat instead of usable adenosine 5’-triphosphate (ATP).

Another type of metabolic uncoupler is the highly effective and highly dangerous 2,4 dinitrophenol, known on the “street” as DNP. Knowing that a legal, nonlethal, and readily available DNP type product is available should have all of us salivating at the mouth...and highly interested in this exciting method of fat burning where we are actually using fat to burn fat.

Another product (that is legal) that is a metabolic uncoupler is Usnic Acid. Dave Palumbo advocates this and includes it in his Lypolyze (daytime) and Somalyze (nighttime, before bed) fat burners. It is extremely effective and probably another reason i hit contest shape 5 weeks before i expected to. I would absolutely recommend this to everyone dieting, as it works WONDERS and contains not a single stimulant. Additional L-Carnitine and other ingredients known to help fat loss. GREAT products.

I thought usnic acid was a carcinogen...or something like that?
Wouldn't you rather use a natural supplement that a chemical to burn fat?

Hey TP4U, did you get any blood work done recently?? The reason why I ask this is because usnic acid is bad on the liver...read many articles on pubmed about hepatotoxicity (sp?) and usnic acid....although dave stated that the people that were using that specific supplement that contained usnic acid had super high doses of it...

I thought usnic acid was a carcinogen...or something like that?
Wouldn't you rather use a natural supplement that a chemical to burn fat?

UA has never been proved to be a carcinogen, but rather displays anti-cancer properties and has reduced tumours in controlled studies.

To date, a fair amount of info relating to UA's negative view has been around extremely, and unnecsessary, high dosing. Used dilligently, it is a very good fat loss aid....

Jayuk

UA has never been proved to be a carcinogen, but rather displays anti-cancer properties and has reduced tumours in controlled studies.

To date, a fair amount of info relating to UA's negative view has been around extremely, and unnecsessary, high dosing. Used dilligently, it is a very good fat loss aid....

Jayuk

Exactly... harmful doses were at 100mg... Dave uses 12mg. I also only stayed on it for 4 weeks.... off it now... will resume it 4-2 weeks out....

Usnic Acid was in a few products 3 or so years ago (lipokinetix was one, I believe) and the FDA came down on the supp because a few people had liver issues with it. They never really "banned" it but everyone was afraid to sell it anymore for fear of a lawsuit. I was buying Usnic Acid pills w/ 250 mg each, 3-4 a day and man I felt like shit- run down, sweaty, couldn't workout. But back then that was a "normal" dosage.

Dave P's stuff has I believe 11.7 mg/pill - so at 4 a day, you are not taking much. I have tons of the caps left and wish I could split them and try at a much lower dose. On Dave's site, he is talking about using 30-60mg of UA per day.

Exactly... harmful doses were at 100mg... Dave uses 12mg. I also only stayed on it for 4 weeks.... off it now... will resume it 4-2 weeks out....

Ahh I see...I wouldnt even call 100mg high....I call 800-1000mg high on UA to be really honest.......but overall UA got a very bad rep when stupid people got hold of it and tried it at large doses.

If I recall correctly, 5+ years back some lady took it, who more than likely, had a preexisting condition which didnt help, and ended up in A&E and either died or needed a transplant?..i cant recall..but that case has always been cited as a reason for its dangers; which is outrageous.

Ive taken UA upto 1500mg back in the day (rightly or wrongly) and had my bloods back slightly elevated but nothing to be too worried about. Using it in todays envirnment, with the myriad of supps available, I dont even see the reason of going above 200mg per day.

Jayuk

Honestly.... i did NO cardio up until a few days ago (cuz all the members here kicked me in the ass when i got lazy and weak minded haha) and im pretty much shreaded for my show... ask KM if you dont think im in shape....i believe Usnic Acid helped ALOT. Five weeks 12% to 6%, no cardio, and probably 5 cheat days so far. Oh... only fat burner is caffein haha...

Honestly.... i did NO cardio up until a few days ago (cuz all the members here kicked me in the ass when i got lazy and weak minded haha) and im pretty much shreaded for my show... ask KM if you dont think im in shape....i believe Usnic Acid helped ALOT. Five weeks 12% to 6%, no cardio, and probably 5 cheat days so far. Oh... only fat burner is caffein haha...

I beleive you....UA is an extremely useful tool..and severely under rated.

There's been plenty of debates on DNP, Sodium Usinate, Usnic Acid over the past 8+ years....and alot of it has been through word of mouth or "I read it here"..or to be really blunt due to inappropriate use.

I still have 3 bottles of 100mg caps left sitting on my shelf and will use them...as the evidence and reseach on UA at low doseage is actually good in terms of overall health!...but thats my personal take on it.

Jayuk

so how do we know it's the usnic acid that's effective at such a low dose.
DNP isn't going to work at 25-50 mg a day.

I'd rather stick with my oils.:D

so how do we know it's the usnic acid that's effective at such a low dose.
DNP isn't going to work at 25-50 mg a day.

I'd rather stick with my oils.:D

Id disagree with that....50mg, and a low carb diet, and working on the premise of fat breakown and higher utilisation during ATP of fat, and a semi keto state.....and you have an extremely potent fat burner..but thats a whole diff thread!....:)

But yes, overall you cant beat using fat to lose fat

Jayuk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member