over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kabuki Trap Bar HD

Virtuous

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Any of y’all use this thing?

(Not me in the pic, just grabbed one off google to show)

I am slowly getting back to peak strength from my major abdominal surgery in February, and the wife got me this bar for Christmas. I have enough plates at home to load it to 645 lbs, which is right about 20 lbs more than I can handle.

Amazing tool to incorporate a heavy compound lift without compromising the spine so much, it’s just an absolute joy. 3790FEE9-6A22-4B5E-92F5-E2DECEF738AB.jpeg

Never used it but Kabuki has a great reputation and their trap bar and Prime's are regarded as best in class. Super high end bar with a build in jack (HUGE) and various handle options. Your wife did you right so hold on to that one!

Similar to your observation I've always considered a trap bar (due to centered axis of load) a unique movement unto its own. Looks like a deadlift but more central and less posterior chain. Certainly a better leg developer (though one could always squat). It's a really great option to have in the arsenal and a major compound lift with major load over a lot of musculature so very stimulative for overall development. I've been tempted to add one a few times big those damn bars are big and my OCD hasn't figured out a good spot for it!

I've known Chris for 10 years and have several pieces of his equipment. Everything he does just makes so much sense. I too have several back injuries from sports when I was younger and have been able to progress aggressively with the HD.

If you want to have some fun go look up his videos from like 10 years ago when he was coming up - absolute savage. One of the strongest guys in the world.

I've known Chris for 10 years and have several pieces of his equipment. Everything he does just makes so much sense. I too have several back injuries from sports when I was younger and have been able to progress aggressively with the HD.

If you want to have some fun go look up his videos from like 10 years ago when he was coming up - absolute savage. One of the strongest guys in the world.
I’ll do that man!

Never used it but Kabuki has a great reputation and their trap bar and Prime's are regarded as best in class. Super high end bar with a build in jack (HUGE) and various handle options. Your wife did you right so hold on to that one!

Similar to your observation I've always considered a trap bar (due to centered axis of load) a unique movement unto its own. Looks like a deadlift but more central and less posterior chain. Certainly a better leg developer (though one could always squat). It's a really great option to have in the arsenal and a major compound lift with major load over a lot of musculature so very stimulative for overall development. I've been tempted to add one a few times big those damn bars are big and my OCD hasn't figured out a good spot for it!
Yeah man we traded nice gifts, she got an iPad Pro and I got this. I feel like I won that little exchange, even though I shelled out more coin - this bad boy will last me a decade or more.

I think you’re spot on with the analysis of movement pattern, but it engages enough of the posterior and upper body still to make it a great exercise. I love that I can just waltz into my garage and throw this thing around now, it’s so damn fun

Yeah man we traded nice gifts, she got an iPad Pro and I got this. I feel like I won that little exchange, even though I shelled out more coin - this bad boy will last me a decade or more.

I think you’re spot on with the analysis of movement pattern, but it engages enough of the posterior and upper body still to make it a great exercise. I love that I can just waltz into my garage and throw this thing around now, it’s so damn fun

You absolutely won that exchange. Unless she's a really serious fitness person who already knew this she did some sharp research. Bad ass bar and makes you WANT to use it.

BTW I wasn't saying it's not a great movement. It's amazing. A lot of people view it as a direct deadlift substitute and while there is some carryover, not nearly as much as some believe for that specific purpose. That said, as a general body developer it's really great and a unique option all to itself. It also compliments deads/squats nicely. Lots of muscle driving that movement. Enjoy it!

Absolutely, 100%, world class equipment. Never knew they existed.
And they know what they are doing.

The transformer bar is in a class by itself. So well designed and made.

Grip training . . . Genie block. Love this, wish I had thought of this when
I was specializing on my forearms. (I made mine, dumbbells', rectangular
grip.) The RGT, again, something I wish I had thought of. I put a large
diameter pipe over my chin-up bar. Laugh until you try it. It is insane.

Really really good stuff. If I had my home gym I would probably go broke
buying this stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.

Great pickup!

BTW I wasn't saying it's not a great movement. It's amazing. A lot of people view it as a direct deadlift substitute and while there is some carryover, not nearly as much as some believe for that specific purpose. That said, as a general body developer it's really great and a unique option all to itself. It also compliments deads/squats nicely. Lots of muscle driving that movement. Enjoy it!
And you can easily tweak your form to make it a little more of a hip hinge or more of a squat.

One note, that can get a little tricky because the TBDL doesn't lock you into a given hip/knee angle like a barbell deadlift or barbell squat will.

For instance, I'm stronger on TBDL's with more of a hip hinge pattern, but it's a far better (and safer) movement for me overall when I do it as more of a squat pattern. But I have to keep specific cues during my set to maintain that form, etc.

It's also super underrated for RDLs, which solves a little bit of the "it doesn't hit the hip hinge as much as a barbell deadlift" thing too.

But mostly, some people (myself included) constantly struggle with the shear forces from heavy barbell RDLs, and doing them with a trap bar is sooooo nice in comparison.

Besides the normal farmers carry/shrug stuff, they can also be phenomenal for bent over rows and even overhead presses (if rackable). Some of this depends on the grip width (some are a bit wide for these movements).

Great pickup!

And you can easily tweak your form to make it a little more of a hip hinge or more of a squat.

One note, that can get a little tricky because the TBDL doesn't lock you into a given hip/knee angle like a barbell deadlift or barbell squat will.

For instance, I'm stronger on TBDL's with more of a hip hinge pattern, but it's a far better (and safer) movement for me overall when I do it as more of a squat pattern. But I have to keep specific cues during my set to maintain that form, etc.

It's also super underrated for RDLs, which solves a little bit of the "it doesn't hit the hip hinge as much as a barbell deadlift" thing too.

But mostly, some people (myself included) constantly struggle with the shear forces from heavy barbell RDLs, and doing them with a trap bar is sooooo nice in comparison.

Besides the normal farmers carry/shrug stuff, they can also be phenomenal for bent over rows and even overhead presses (if rackable). Some of this depends on the grip width (some are a bit wide for these movements).
Yeah mine is rackable, so it’s gonna be so fun for neutral grip OHP.

The farmers carries around my neighborhood will get me so fun looks, but whatever

A buddy used to do this all the time and loved overhead with a trap bar. Said it was way easier on his shoulders. It's actually a really versatile bar and agree with all BLang's comments above. Try a bunch of stuff with it and his post will get you started for sure.

Great pickup!

Man, trap bar RDL for me is 100% Better than barbell. Idk if it’s just how I’m built. I feel my hams and glutes tearing away from the bone with a trap bar. Straight bar, I’m like….ok my hams feel something, and by lower back is pumped

I have this one and use it for many different exercises. Ironically I’ve never used it for any shrugs. Definitely a versatile bar for anyone who has a home gym!

Cage

My gym happens to have this bar and I should give it a spin. Farmers walks would be awesome with this thing too!

My gym happens to have this bar and I should give it a spin. Farmers walks would be awesome with this thing too!
Dude it’s the best. I had one at an old gym that I haven’t had access to in about 18 months (moved away), and I dreamt about it until my wife bought me one of my own.

I’m in heaven.

Use it, it makes training downright fun

Dude it’s the best. I had one at an old gym that I haven’t had access to in about 18 months (moved away), and I dreamt about it until my wife bought me one of my own.

I’m in heaven.

What? . . . training is fun? 😉

I’m in heaven.

Get yourself their Transformer bar. It’s a long lead item and pricey, but it’s so worth it. I can’t say enough great things about this bar!!!!! I love mine and it’s a staple for my quad workouts.

Cage

I've only heard great things about the Kabuki Trap Bar. Same w/Prime's Trap bar. Eleiko also has a Trap bar but I haven't seen as many reviews as I believe it's even more expensive than the other two and that's really the only complaint I hear about all three; the price tag. Now, the Transformer Bar I have heard mixed reviews but more good than bad. I just had a Microdiscectomy on my lower back and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to Barbell Squat and DL ever again without immense pain. I'm really wondering if the Marrs Bar deserves the hype.

Get yourself their Transformer bar. It’s a long lead item and pricey, but it’s so worth it. I can’t say enough great things about this bar!!!!! I love mine and it’s a staple for my quad workouts.

Cage
Will do. It looks phenomenal

1. Sounds like you have an amazing wife!
2. Anything Duffin makes is top-notch.
3. I enjoy Trap Bar training, even if its the old-school one that I have. (Does the job).
4. I've ditched normal deadlifts for a few weeks since my back/disc is flaring up, this keeps me in the game.
(Always good to change things up anyways on occasion).

Enjoy your bar, its a great one!

1. Sounds like you have an amazing wife!
2. Anything Duffin makes is top-notch.
3. I enjoy Trap Bar training, even if its the old-school one that I have. (Does the job).
4. I've ditched normal deadlifts for a few weeks since my back/disc is flaring up, this keeps me in the game.
(Always good to change things up anyways on occasion).

Enjoy your bar, its a great one!
Thanks man!

Yeah, one thing I’ve noticed over the years is I can deadlift heavy with a straight bar once or twice a week tops, but I can get more volume in with a trap bar (and heavier load, too) 2/3 times a week and recover better.

Anything that allows me to induce more heavy stimulus for powerlifting (provided I let CNS recover, sleep/eat enough, etc) I’d a huge win for competing. I love it.

and yeah, the wife and I went through a rocky patch last fall (see my thread in the relationships forum lol), but she’s really working on fixing things and while buying me cool toys is only one aspect, she’s all around been amazing and our relationship has gotten back to where it needs to be

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131