over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kabuki Trap Bar HD

I've only heard great things about the Kabuki Trap Bar. Same w/Prime's Trap bar. Eleiko also has a Trap bar but I haven't seen as many reviews as I believe it's even more expensive than the other two and that's really the only complaint I hear about all three; the price tag. Now, the Transformer Bar I have heard mixed reviews but more good than bad. I just had a Microdiscectomy on my lower back and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to Barbell Squat and DL ever again without immense pain. I'm really wondering if the Marrs Bar deserves the hype.

Never used the Marrs but heard great stuff from people I respect a lot. Seems like primary is that it provides a low bar squat without stress on the shoulders. Not sure how important that is to you but lots of older PL guys love it for this aspect.

Great thread to read through, been looking at getting a trap bar for my own personal gym for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger nor decided on a certain brand yet. So, this is a very helpful thread, thanks for posting up Virtuous
💪😎(y)

Duffins stuff is all great. I remember seeing him lay out his cycle and realizing how much drugs some top pl take. I was surprised at the time

The expensive ones are nice. However, the old-school ones also do the job. For 63.00 and free shipping, you cant go wrong.
(The raised handle/neutral handle combo one is a good option). I'm just not a fan of the "raised only" ones. Though, a 4" box to stand on, takes care of any "raised handle" when need be.

Attachments

• traps.jpg
    traps.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
Any of y’all use this thing?

(Not me in the pic, just grabbed one off google to show)

I am slowly getting back to peak strength from my major abdominal surgery in February, and the wife got me this bar for Christmas. I have enough plates at home to load it to 645 lbs, which is right about 20 lbs more than I can handle.

Amazing tool to incorporate a heavy compound lift without compromising the spine so much, it’s just an absolute joy.View attachment 169355
I think all the trap bars, kabuki, eleiko etc arent great for bodybuilding. For strength perhaps.

Never used it but Kabuki has a great reputation and their trap bar and Prime's are regarded as best in class. Super high end bar with a build in jack (HUGE) and various handle options. Your wife did you right so hold on to that one!

Similar to your observation I've always considered a trap bar (due to centered axis of load) a unique movement unto its own. Looks like a deadlift but more central and less posterior chain. Certainly a better leg developer (though one could always squat). It's a really great option to have in the arsenal and a major compound lift with major load over a lot of musculature so very stimulative for overall development. I've been tempted to add one a few times big those damn bars are big and my OCD hasn't figured out a good spot for it!
I havent used the prime but like the eleiko trap bar best. Eleiko made the design before Kabuki, which tends to copy other designs and claims it as its own . great marketing however. as every wannabe pler is overly concerned about kabuki vs other bars while they dont look like anything nor cant lift much outside perhaps equipped.

Duffins stuff is all great. I remember seeing him lay out his cycle and realizing how much drugs some top pl take. I was surprised at the time
What were some examples, ? he doesnt seem like a guy that would be easy on the gear, seems like an extreme all or nothing guy (not a criticism). He looks very worn and tired and basically like a normal guy as far as build goes after he stopped lifting seriously .

I've only heard great things about the Kabuki Trap Bar. Same w/Prime's Trap bar. Eleiko also has a Trap bar but I haven't seen as many reviews as I believe it's even more expensive than the other two and that's really the only complaint I hear about all three; the price tag. Now, the Transformer Bar I have heard mixed reviews but more good than bad. I just had a Microdiscectomy on my lower back and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to Barbell Squat and DL ever again without immense pain. I'm really wondering if the Marrs Bar deserves the hype.
Eleiko cost me 850 with shipping. Came in 3 days at least. had knurl as good as any high end power bar which is rare in trap bar, and kickstand was very handy. I didnt consider it a great bbing lift however ...might be good for a pler in offseason though.

I havent used the prime but like the eleiko trap bar best. Eleiko made the design before Kabuki, which tends to copy other designs and claims it as its own . great marketing however. as every wannabe pler is overly concerned about kabuki vs other bars while they dont look like anything nor cant lift much outside perhaps equipped.
Had no idea they had one. Doesn't surprise me it's excellent. I'm a huge Eleiko fan as I was around OL for a number of years. Used their training bars a ton and always wanted a comp bar. When I was setting up my home gym I almost got myself one but my bumpers largely sit idle these days so would have been a waste. Need to rectify that in 2023.

Eleiko cost me 850 with shipping. Came in 3 days at least. had knurl as good as any high end power bar which is rare in trap bar, and kickstand was very handy. I didnt consider it a great bbing lift however ...might be good for a pler in offseason though.
I'm a big Eleiko fan, that stems off my powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting days. Everything that Eleiko makes is top tier, nobody makes a higher quality product than Eleiko. A lot of brands try to mimic Eleiko but nobody compares nor exceeds their quality of product

Had no idea they had one. Doesn't surprise me it's excellent. I'm a huge Eleiko fan as I was around OL for a number of years. Used their training bars a ton and always wanted a comp bar. When I was setting up my home gym I almost got myself one but my bumpers largely sit idle these days so would have been a waste. Need to rectify that in 2023.
Just like you I'm a huge Eleiko fan, have 4 of their bars: 1-20kg training bar(pre-NxG); 2-from the Worlds in Anaheim back in 2017 (15kg and 20kg both NxG); 1-Locking Collar (so unique just had to have one); full set of competition cert bumper set and just got two new pairs of bumpers at half price (20kg&15kg) in Dec here because Eleiko just upgraded their proprietary hub design in the comp line. Just like you, I love Eleiko, no equal

What were some examples, ? he doesnt seem like a guy that would be easy on the gear, seems like an extreme all or nothing guy (not a criticism). He looks very worn and tired and basically like a normal guy as far as build goes after he stopped lifting seriously .

He ramped up doses but ended at
3200 test
1400 mast
1050 npp
700 tren
120 tbol
120 var
75 win

Pulsed (didn’t give specifics) gh 20ius
20ius slin

Just like you I'm a huge Eleiko fan, have 4 of their bars: 1-20kg training bar(pre-NxG); 2-from the Worlds in Anaheim back in 2017 (15kg and 20kg both NxG); 1-Locking Collar (so unique just had to have one); full set of competition cert bumper set and just got two new pairs of bumpers at half price (20kg&15kg) in Dec here because Eleiko just upgraded their proprietary hub design in the comp line. Just like you, I love Eleiko, no equal

Damn. Amazing setup and collection. My bumpers are comp style (what I refer to as disc insert design on all high end bumpers) but Rogue. I like how you grabbed both 15kg and 20kg bars from the World's. On the collars do your mean their newer Oppen collars or the traditional ones?

Eleiko is simply the best. That said I was at the 1996 Atlanta games and they used Uesaka. Always liked that look afterward and that style was still being manufactured last I checked. Buddy lifted on one of those sets from the Games a year or so later. That's on my OL dream list but still behind Eleiko.

Damn. Amazing setup and collection. My bumpers are comp style (what I refer to as disc insert design on all high end bumpers) but Rogue. I like how you grabbed both 15kg and 20kg bars from the World's. On the collars do your mean their newer Oppen collars or the traditional ones?

Eleiko is simply the best. That said I was at the 1996 Atlanta games and they used Uesaka. Always liked that look afterward and that style was still being manufactured last I checked. Buddy lifted on one of those sets from the Games a year or so later. That's on my OL dream list but still behind Eleiko.
No, I do not have their Oppen collars and most likely will not unless they put them on clearance or closeout. I have 4 IWF cert comp collars: 1pr from complete Eleiko set I got back in the 2000's; 1pr from a complete Zhangkong IWF cert comp set from the 2008 Beijing Olympics; 1pr token Werksan and the 1pr for the Eleiko Power Lock bar. For collars I either don't use them or I have some Synergee, Rogue OSO, token spring, or the comp collars to use. You mention Uesaka, I don't have anything Uesaka but I hear their bumpers are the best built in the world. One day would like to add some Uesaka bumpers to the collects. I still have yet to jump on the urethane bumper craze, but Eleiko has this used one on sale for an incredible price. I checked; they have a pair in stock:

1672838880403.png

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity