YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"Kai" the documentary is coming out soon.... sigh....

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Kai just makes me cringe. always has.
i feel like this bodybuilding channel is obsessed with him. i mean c'mon there has to be a hundred guys i'd rather see a documentary on.

He's just a different type of cat from your typical bodybuilder so he's always going to drum up interest from the masses. And having 7 million IG followers doesn't hurt either. He has almost 2x on Phil and he lost to him what 4 times in a row?

Big time cringe garbage. Having the reenactment scenes from his past with actors is going to be pretentious as fuck. Vlad is like an alien trying to understand humans. Farah is a clown that lied about being a police officer. It's very easy to see why Kai never won. His antics and style. Is that fair? I don't know, probably not, but that's the way it is. Too bad. Also funny getting Gaspari and Martinez, two 2nd place finishers who were robbed, to give their input on a guy who felt he was robbed as well. Is there going to be a dramatic scene where he spends five minutes contemplating whether to go through with the grapefruit?

I'm torn on Kai. I due respect him and if he were sitting next to me I would be in awe. But his dancing with wigs and toying around with a comeback gets old.

I used to think Kai was all about attention, but my bud who is an artist hangs out with him and he truly is an art dork. They go and paint murals and stuff and he also does random shit when there are no cameras around, so go figure.

He wants to be larger than life and he seems to find venues to fulfill that fantasy.

I don't mind Kai but he is old news in a sense. I don't really see any need in a documentary about the past because it's already been done but it will obviously sell because of his social media numbers but I doubt it's going to be in anyway interesting. Generation Iron put out constant crap but we still usually watch it because it's bodybuilding :eek: Most of us really wanted to see his comeback so when he first started implying he would it was exciting. Then after the 5th year it just become stupid. A few years back it was perfect timing in many ways and it looked like he was going to compete again but it was just for show.

All I'd like to add is that I bumped into Kai in a diner, said hello, and wished him good luck at the O. He was very gracious and nice to me when he could have just as well told me to get lost. Like most top level pros, he was so damn big he looked obese. Obviously that was not the case but I've always said that pics and magazines just do not do these guys justice. Conversely, I met Cormier in the late 90's and he had the kind of physique I'd rather have given the choice, but he was not shockingly massive. Amazing physique, absolutely. Just did not have the shock factor size-wise going for him which maybe should have been expected. I know he wasn't known for being a mass monster but even so, his bodyweight at his height at that time is still incredibly muscular. Very small wrists as I recall and I say that in a good way.

Big time cringe garbage. Having the reenactment scenes from his past with actors is going to be pretentious as fuck. Vlad is like an alien trying to understand humans. Farah is a clown that lied about being a police officer. It's very easy to see why Kai never won. His antics and style. Is that fair? I don't know, probably not, but that's the way it is. Too bad. Also funny getting Gaspari and Martinez, two 2nd place finishers who were robbed, to give their input on a guy who felt he was robbed as well. Is there going to be a dramatic scene where he spends five minutes contemplating whether to go through with the grapefruit?
Kai never won because his physique has plenty of holes an odd symmetry and balance standing next to Phil. Phil was more complete, well rounded, physique flowed better. Was Kai leaner at times? appeared so. Did he have better condition than Phil, I'd say once.

There is no complex answer to why Kai never won the O. He was the second best bodybuilder for many years. I still feel Rhoden, Ramy and Brandon had much better physiques. It is a testament to Kai that he was able to beat guys with better structures and balance.

I don't mind Kai but he is old news in a sense. I don't really see any need in a documentary about the past because it's already been done but it will obviously sell because of his social media numbers but I doubt it's going to be in anyway interesting. Generation Iron put out constant crap but we still usually watch it because it's bodybuilding :eek: Most of us really wanted to see his comeback so when he first started implying he would it was exciting. Then after the 5th year it just become stupid. A few years back it was perfect timing in many ways and it looked like he was going to compete again but it was just for show.
They strike me as outsiders trying to capitalize. Since their take on generation iron almost 10 years ago, I haven't wasted a second of my time on any of their content and haven't really noticed much they've put out. I remember them involving Von Moger and I think Pianna into generation iron and that is far enough for me to bounce.

As for Kai,I feel he really put himself into a corner with the implication he wasn't getting wins he deserved and then pump faking coming back for all those years as you said. It turned into a boy cried wolf situation to where a lot of people just started seeing him as a social media bodybuilder. Don't like the idea of that.

LMAO you get it man! all that^ is CRINGE.

In a world where the sexual perversion of the day turns into a mass "I support the current new thing" mantra, I am still repulsed by some of the videos and pics of his weirdo antics. And when he waxes on philo-sophocles I feel like I need the translator from the movie Mars Attacks. But he is the community's Kai and he is a genetic marvel. He is a talented artist and certainly on a different plain of existence than the rest of us.

Hahaha yesssss I can’t stand that dude. What a fucking terrible interviewer. It’s funny because Generation Iron films have actually brought more attention to bodybuilding; imagine if an actual functioning human being was interviewing/directing…

Cant watch anything that involves him. Very odd, cringey tard.
He was on a Hollingshead video I tried watching, had to shut it down, he was acting so bizarrely....

Kai strictly the bodybuilder I respect and enjoyed the muscle he brought to the stage.

Kai the rest........including the "weird uncomfortable for me personally posing routines" and all the rest......................I can do without. TO be fair I know he is not doing any of this for my personal approval.

When I saw Kai at the Olympia in 2013 he did the best posing routine I’ve ever seen. How does a guy, completely depleted and dehydrated, do a 30 second hand stand while doing the splits upside down, then bring one leg out, one up, and various moves?
He did a good job acting in STRANGER THINGS too.
I like Kai! He’s always positive and kind. He seems like a great guy. Plus, he works his butt off in the him and stays in near competition shape year round.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws