over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kayaking in the Everglades

norm1220

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Here are a couple of shots from April when my wife and I did a 50 mile Everglades kayaking trip. It was a great paddle and we saw alligators, sharks, stingrays, and an incredible variety of birds. We camped on chickee's (raised platforms) and on the beach.

Attachments

• n&j2.jpg
    n&j2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • n&j.jpg
    n&j.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 876
  • beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 857
Ummmmmm

Here are a couple of shots from April when my wife and I did a 50 mile Everglades kayaking trip. It was a great paddle and we saw alligators, sharks, stingrays, and an incredible variety of birds. We camped on chickee's (raised platforms) and on the beach.

Nice pics BUT...you are a judge?......shouldnt you be COMPETING NORM? DAMN!! Great physique

I want to go!

Norm, you are looking big and lean!

I would LOVE TO go kayaking in the everglades. Did you see any wildlife? Post more pictures please.
:cool:

Thanks Phil.... I'm actually not even doing any judging lately. I got a bit bent out of shape about the NPC adding a Bikini division. I think I probably vented about that here.

I have one more competition in mind. I'd like to get back up on stage in 2014 to do the 50 & over division at Master's Nationals. Or if I'm still pissed at the NPC maybe the Masters at NABBA North America. I have no delusions of nailing a top spot at either of these shows, but I think I can bring a better physique than I did for the 40 & over division in 2007 and that is what it is all about for me!

Norm, you are looking big and lean!

I would LOVE TO go kayaking in the everglades. Did you see any wildlife? Post more pictures please.
:cool:

Saw lots of wildlife, but picture quality sucked because all I brought was a disposable waterproof camera. Turns out it was a good thing I didn't bring a better camera because the last day of the trip I broke a rudder cable and immediately rolled my kayak in the Gulf of Mexico. Everything not in a dry bag was soaked.

If you look to the right of my elbow, in the picture of Jeannie and I standing on the chickee, you will see a dark bump in the water that was actually a 7' alligator. It was mating season and they were all over the place. We even got to hear them roar.

Damn!

Saw lots of wildlife, but picture quality sucked because all I brought was a disposable waterproof camera. Turns out it was a good thing I didn't bring a better camera because the last day of the trip I broke a rudder cable and immediately rolled my kayak in the Gulf of Mexico. Everything not in a dry bag was soaked.

If you look to the right of my elbow, in the picture of Jeannie and I standing on the chickee, you will see a dark bump in the water that was actually a 7' alligator. It was mating season and they were all over the place. We even got to hear them roar.

I'll be that was cool to hear! It's a bummer that you didn't get more pics. I like the ones you posted. :)

Very Cool

Now that is my kind of vacation. No lying on the beach for me. I usually pick a destination triathlon. But Everglades Kyacking is something I will look into.

Great Pictures! I have lake front property and LOVE kyaking. Not so sure about doing it with sharks and alligators! LOL

Cool shots! Looks fun! I pity the poor alligator that tries to take you on! If you have more pics and feel like it, post them up!

I'm glad this got bumped, I missed it.

A 50 mile kayak trip is a grand adventure! I miss Norm's posts, hope he get's back around here soon.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear