over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

keeping my bp in check, help!

I've had high blood pressure here and there depending on my bf% or if I'm running gear. I've had really good results with micardis(telmisartan) I take one 40mg tab a day. When I was taking 2 it dropped my BP to around 93/65 so I cut back to one and I stay around 100-110/70-80. I also like it due to its other reported positive effects

carditone lowers mine by 20 points and has generally been fantastic but i just started superdrol and injectable anadrol and even with the carditone i went from 120/70 to 160/80 in THREE days. depends on what you're on. i'm scrambling to find alternative solutions myself.

i just doubled my carditone dosage today and started 1500mg of celery seed to see if that would help any.

carditone lowers mine by 20 points and has generally been fantastic but i just started superdrol and injectable anadrol and even with the carditone i went from 120/70 to 160/80 in THREE days. depends on what you're on. i'm scrambling to find alternative solutions myself.

i just doubled my carditone dosage today and started 1500mg of celery seed to see if that would help any.

I have found that Carditone works fine if you aren't taking things like Anadrol. Carditone is probably fairly weak, and not strong enough to counter the effect of powerful steroids like Anadrol that dramatically increase your BP.

I am starting Telmisartan to see if that works. It is reportedly probably the first choice among BP meds for bodybuilders.

Last edited:
anyone have a FAST source for telmisartan, shoot me a PM would appreciate it.

I have found that Carditone works fine if you aren't taking things like Anadrol. Carditone is probably fairly weak, and not strong enough to counter the effect of powerful steroids like Anadrol that dramatically increase your BP.

I am starting Telmisartan to see if that works. It is reportedly probably the first choice among BP meds for bodybuilders.

To be perfectly honest with you, you're not going to see any significant difference between Telmisartan and any other angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). Additionally, you also wont see a significant difference between an ARB and a ACE inhibitor (your -pril medications) aside from the occasional ACE inhibitor side effect of chronic cough which is usually what merits the switch to an ARB. Generally speaking you can save yourself a lot of money just sticking with an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril ($10 at Walmart for a 90 day supply).

If anyone has a link to the source material on the additional benefits claimed by Telmisartan, I would love to give it a read.

Also, for anyone wondering, this is the list of meds you can get on the cheap at Walmart: **broken link removed**

While your diet may be clean it is not real healthy. More healthy fats and veggies could help.

for the better part of 1 year + i had 3 meals with 150g of greens everyday.
Maybe a diet adjustment should be in place. i can tell i hold water easily than others as well, which is why i wanna try to do lorsartan +hctz one week then lorsartan + carditone + black cumin another week. i think it could be beneficial

atenolol and propanol always give me side effects, honestly i despise those drugs(beta-b). again i can get everything otc, so you gotta do a little trial and error sometimes..

metoprolol (a beta blocker) isn't a first line medication for lowering blood pressure. It is less effective and has more side effects than ace inhibitors, thiazide duiretics, angiotensin receptor blockers, and calcium channel blockers. Do not request metoprolol or any other beta blocker as a therapy option for hypertension until therapy with first line medications has been tried and control is not achieved.

I'm on Coreg which is a beta blocker and it really helps reign in tachycardia. Help with keeping heart rate down.

Generally speaking you can save yourself a lot of money just sticking with an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril ($10 at Walmart for a 90 day supply).
Also, for anyone wondering, this is the list of meds you can get on the cheap at Walmart: **broken link removed**

We hardly use Micardis (Telmis.) any more. Lisinopril is considered the gold standard in someone without kidney dysfunction.

I'm on Coreg which is a beta blocker and it really helps reign in tachycardia. Help with keeping heart rate down.

You know this, but beta-blockers are EXTREMELY important in reducing morbidity and mortality for someone such as yourself with an ICD. You should also be on an ACE/ARB, which one? Are you on any nitrates like Imdur?

4 years ago I was hospitalized for a perforated diverticuli in my sigmoid colon. I developed sepsis and had to have emergency surgery. GI doc flushed out my peritoneal cavity and put in 4 JP drains...why am I telling you this? Ok, so every 4 hours after being transfered from the ICU to a GI floor I had my vitals taken: BP, HR, O2sat, temp. For 6-7 frickin days my BP ran on average 190's/115's despite having every BP med thrown at me, Metoprolol, Coreg, Lisinopril, Hydralazine, Labetalol. They had me on 200mg Metoprolol/day at one point and it barely budged my BP. Made me feel like total crap though. The day before I was to be discharged my GI doc finally consulted a internal med doc. She put me on 5mg Norvasc (Amlodipine), a calcium channel blocker. Almost immediately my BP began to fall within a normal range. Moral of the story...everybody responds to drugs differently. What might work for one patient, may not for someone else. 4 years later and I'm still on 10mg Amlodipine/day and my BP bounces around 120/130's over 70's. Still not ideal but something my kidneys can live with:)

Develop a good relationship with your PCP & find out what works for you.

Last edited:
hi guys, haven't posted here in a damn long time as i have just been cruising on 200mgs of test e for about 5 months now.

In these past 5 months my blood pressure has soared through the roofI've been taking Lorsartan(cozaar) for 2 years now at a dose of 50mg (25 morning-25 night)....

Some days my blood pressure soars and stays at 150-160/85-95 taking lorsartan only lowers it to 148/81 at most before a bp reading
in the past month-two months or so it has stayed around that

i believe the lorsartan has become ineffective, is this the weakest ACE inhibitor?

so i'm coming to the community that always has lead me right.....is coming off of lorsartan and going on lisinopril 10mg + 12.5mg hctz a good plan?

I will also supplement carditone along with this.. is it worth the 35 bucks?

please note hawthorn root has never done anything for my bp as i take it twice per day for 2 years now along with a-z herbal complex as well

My cholesterol is shooting great and leveled numbers due to citrus bergamot also, if anyone is curious

cheers!

Mine is 210/112 resting heart rate 121+

To be perfectly honest with you, you're not going to see any significant difference between Telmisartan and any other angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). Additionally, you also wont see a significant difference between an ARB and a ACE inhibitor (your -pril medications) aside from the occasional ACE inhibitor side effect of chronic cough which is usually what merits the switch to an ARB. Generally speaking you can save yourself a lot of money just sticking with an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril ($10 at Walmart for a 90 day supply).

If anyone has a link to the source material on the additional benefits claimed by Telmisartan, I would love to give it a read.

Metoprolol would work

I would think of it like this:

There are DRUGS that really effectively (and specifically) reduce blood pressure, but there are also a lot of healthy supplements and habits that could also reduce blood pressure too.

The first and foremost thing we should try to do is simply lower our blood pressure. If that can be done with diet, supplements and healthy habits, that should be our first line of defense.

However, if diet and supplements do not adequately work, it is time to consider using drugs to lower blood pressure.

Drugs:
1) Carditone
This tends to be effective for many people. It costs $16/month for a regular dose, or $32/month for a double dose (twice a day). It is technically an herbal blend and not a "drug", but it contains a compound used in real blood pressure drugs, so it's a grey area.

The best thing about it, is that it's immediately available on Amazon, and doesn't require a prescription. In addition to lowering BP, it will also reduce your heart rate effectively. If this works, consider yourself lucky.

2) Lisinopril
This is a very commonly available prescription BP med, and works as an ACE inhibitor. It works well for many people, but requires a prescription. It is one of the medications on the low-cost list at Walmart, and should cost either $4 or $10 a month.

3) Telmisartan
This is a new generation blood pressure medication that not only controls BP, but also has other health benefits that have been written about. It is an angiotensin receptor blocker, ARB, which relaxes the blood vessels.

It slightly reduces water bloating, reverses damage to blood vessels, increases insulin sensitivity, and may reduce visceral fat. It is considered a longevity drug, in addition to a blood pressure medicine. It is available by prescription only, but is very expensive in the US.

Supplements:
Any supplements or products that increase nitric oxide or widen blood vessels should effectively, and naturally, lower blood pressure.

There are a variety of these. If they relax blood vessels, they can be used pre-workout too.

1) Citruline Malate
2) Beets (or beet root powder)
3) L-arginine

Others:
4) Fish oil
5) CoQ10

Foods that help reduce blood pressure are:
1) Raw nuts (those without hydrogenated oils)
2) Seeds
3) Vegetables
4) Berries
5) Healthy oils (olive, flaxseed, avocado, coconut)
Quality post. My choice is Telmisartan.

Last edited:
We hardly use Micardis (Telmis.) any more. Lisinopril is considered the gold standard in someone without kidney dysfunction.

You know this, but beta-blockers are EXTREMELY important in reducing morbidity and mortality for someone such as yourself with an ICD. You should also be on an ACE/ARB, which one? Are you on any nitrates like Imdur?

Why don't you use telmisartan anymore?

Mine is 210/112 resting heart rate 121+

What PEDs are you on? How long has this been the case? Please tell me you are treating this.

Last edited:
If you're lean, low body fat, eating right and exercising, as you state here many times and your BP is soring on you, then you clearly have something going on. Best get to a doc and have a full cardiac checkup.

It could be the Test, likely not though.

I would think of it like this:

There are DRUGS that really effectively (and specifically) reduce blood pressure, but there are also a lot of healthy supplements and habits that could also reduce blood pressure too.

The first and foremost thing we should try to do is simply lower our blood pressure. If that can be done with diet, supplements and healthy habits, that should be our first line of defense.

However, if diet and supplements do not adequately work, it is time to consider using drugs to lower blood pressure.

Drugs:
1) Carditone
This tends to be effective for many people. It costs $16/month for a regular dose, or $32/month for a double dose (twice a day). It is technically an herbal blend and not a "drug", but it contains a compound used in real blood pressure drugs, so it's a grey area.

The best thing about it, is that it's immediately available on Amazon, and doesn't require a prescription. In addition to lowering BP, it will also reduce your heart rate effectively. If this works, consider yourself lucky.

2) Lisinopril
This is a very commonly available prescription BP med, and works as an ACE inhibitor. It works well for many people, but requires a prescription. It is one of the medications on the low-cost list at Walmart, and should cost either $4 or $10 a month.

3) Telmisartan
This is a new generation blood pressure medication that not only controls BP, but also has other health benefits that have been written about. It is an angiotensin receptor blocker, ARB, which relaxes the blood vessels.

It slightly reduces water bloating, reverses damage to blood vessels, increases insulin sensitivity, and may reduce visceral fat. It is considered a longevity drug, in addition to a blood pressure medicine. It is available by prescription only, but is very expensive in the US.

Supplements:
Any supplements or products that increase nitric oxide or widen blood vessels should effectively, and naturally, lower blood pressure.

There are a variety of these. If they relax blood vessels, they can be used pre-workout too.

1) Citruline Malate
2) Beets (or beet root powder)
3) L-arginine

Others:
4) Fish oil
5) CoQ10

Foods that help reduce blood pressure are:
1) Raw nuts (those without hydrogenated oils)
2) Seeds
3) Vegetables
4) Berries
5) Healthy oils (olive, flaxseed, avocado, coconut)

I eat all these foods and lots of oily fish but I am wandering what to do about dystolic? I thiknk citruline and other no blood vessel dilaters would help only systolic?

Yes, I am also on Lisinopril. A real low dose of 10 mg otherwise my BP is way too low. It got down to about 85/45 and I felt like shit. I now also have to take mexiletine. No need for the nitrates now at least. Never had any angina. I have some great cardiologists here so the care is good.

Magnesium malate. Will help dramatically. All magnesium is not equal and many forms are not absorbed well at all. Make sure to get malate. Source naturals is what i recommend for this product. You will be very happy once you get this. 20170310_111804.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity