advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keeping test dose lower during contest prep.

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was wondering what everyone opinions were of keeping the testosterone dose on the lower side during a contest prep. In the past I have always run test , mast and tren at the same dose through the prep gradually increasing them ending up at around 1800mg total the last few weeks

My thoughts this time were to keep the test dose at 200mg then start tren and Mast at 200mg but add in 400mg primobolan. The first time it's increase bump the tren and Mast to 400mg/wk and primobolan to 600mg/wk the final increase would be tren and Mast to 600mg/wk and primobolan to 800mg/wk.
Basically like this
Weeks 1-5 , 200mg Test , 200mg Mast , 200mg Tren , 400mg Primo
Weeks 6-11 , 200mg test , 400mg Mast , 400mg Tren , 600mg Primo
Weeks 12-16 , 200mg Test , 600mg Mast , 600mg Tren , 800mg Primobolan.

Would the dose of test with the mast And primo be enough to offset any sexual dissfunction possible from the tren??
I've never run Primobolan before so I'm not exactly sure what to expect

I get horny on tren and never have issues from progesterone so I’m not sure.
I did one show using only tren. I looked great but felt toxic as hell.

My first prep I did something similar to this--it worked fine.

Nowadays I prefer to go higher with the test at first and bring it down as other things go up or get added. Cheaper, gets the job done, and seems to keep me from feeling burnt out / tired nearly as much. I'm honestly sure I could prep on just test-alone as far as shedding fat and keeping strength goes, but obviously you'd miss out on the aesthetic component that comes with using other things.

All I can really say is try it out and see if you like it better than things you've done in the past. Maybe you get flatter on lower doses or lose strength too fast and need more test. Maybe you do just fine and like being able to see "exactly" where your physique is (no water retention or extra fullness) during prep and don't miss the extra test one bit. Only one way to findout! :)

As far as the sexual dysfunction goes...if you get deep enough and shredded enough during prep, it'll probably be gone anyways--only you yourself know whether this will happen or not. So consider that in your decision too.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on your personal level of aromatization.

Some guys have a hard time leaning out in the presence of estrogen; even if diet, and training are in place.

They'd be better served bringing it down gradually as the weeks wind down for the show. Obviously keeping some for function.

Some are fine with testosterone, and can run it all the way up until the show.

If there's one thing that is definitive in the world of PEDs; it's that individual response to these drugs can vary substantially.

I'd say it depends on your personal level of aromatization.

Some guys have a hard time leaning out in the presence of estrogen; even if diet, and training are in place.

They'd be better served bringing it down gradually as the weeks wind down for the show. Obviously keeping some for function.

Some are fine with testosterone, and can run it all the way up until the show.

If there's one thing that is definitive in the world of PEDs; it's that individual response to these drugs can vary substantially.

This ^^^^

IMO, when dieting hard for a show any drug you use (injectable) is just there to prevent muscle losss. Whether its cheap yet effective, test, or expensive and effective, primo, is anyone's guess. From 16 weeks to say 6 you can get away with using ANYTHING. Those final 6 weeks is when you can add an arsenal of weird shit to help the "look."

Is it really sexual disfucntion or lack of drive in prep?

I know for me I function fine no matter what but I really lack any drive the last 4-6 weeks bc I’m peeled and exhausted.

Smaller version of yourself

Personally keeping the test high, or whatever is high for you, relative to the other gear is the best way for me. The test keeps me fuller and if you're really getting lean you won't hold much extra water from it, and any excess water would be gone in a couple weeks if you drop it before the show..If you're worried drop it 4 weeks out instead of 2. Shit run it right up until the show if you feel you can, it all depends on how you're body is reacting to it.

Personally keeping the test high, or whatever is high for you, relative to the other gear is the best way for me. The test keeps me fuller and if you're really getting lean you won't hold much extra water from it, and any excess water would be gone in a couple weeks if you drop it before the show..If you're worried drop it 4 weeks out instead of 2. Shit run it right up until the show if you feel you can, it all depends on how you're body is reacting to it.

^ This for me too. People talk about aromatization holding back fat loss. Well control estrogen with and AI and keep your test in bc the higher the test is for me the more bodyfat and leaner I am/stay. For me I have always had the best results off season or prep when Test is higher relative to anabolics. Always control estrogen with an AI

solid plan (pun intended)

i personally would never go lower than 250mg of test with high dose other things in the mix. i know thats not a big diff than 200mg but i know that 250mg puts my test around 1000

but i think its a solid plan. should be a crazy dry look. you might look lil flat cuz wont be holding much water and tren can flatten you out BUT id personally use slin 1-2x a week to combat that AND to get very use to a simple small carb load with that slin so you could maybe do same thing for show day.

best of luck!
-F2S

Trest>Test for a prep

I wouldn’t do it. Test is cheap and will prevent muscle loss. for me; it keeps me from losing my libido .. depending on the person; others Tren and mast will keep them horny .. not me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated, you can really run anything up until the last 6 weeks or so. Personally I'd go with 1000mg+ on test solo maybe and then bring in all the aesthetic drugs/orals the last 6 weeks because it won't matter what you look like up until then and test is cheap

Interesting opinion.

I feel like most guys are nervous to touch trest because of its insane aromatization.
Have you run it for prep?

I should start with I dont have an issue with wet cycles. I ran 900 test with some npp and no AI before, no sides other than a little puffy.

So, im 16 weeks from starting my prep, and yes im running trest without test. I know plenty of competitors who do the same.

Ive only ran trest once and im going to run it for 4 weeks solo before I start prep to dial in my AI. 175-250mg TrestA isnt too hard to dial in AI during the prep and im pulling it a weekish out and switching to letro anyways so dryness on stage isnt a concern for me.

Last edited:
I should start with I dont have an issue with wet cycles. I ran 900 test with some npp and no AI before, no sides other than a little puffy.

So, im 16 weeks from starting my prep, and yes im running trest without test. I know plenty of competitors who do the same.

Ive only ran trest once and im going to run it for 4 weeks solo before I start prep to dial in my AI. 175-250mg TrestA isnt too hard to dial in AI during the prep and im pulling it a weekish out and switching to letro anyways so dryness on stage isnt a concern for me.

What exactly is "trest" I've heard it mention several times just been to lazy to investigate

What exactly is "trest" I've heard it mention several times just been to lazy to investigate

Its a magical compound thats "5-10x more anabolic than test".... In lab rats....

But in seriousness, its a pretty awesome compound that gets called "wet tren," though thats not my assessment of it. To me it gives WICKED fullness, that tight hard feeling, and absurd endurance. If I HAD to give a comparssion which I hate doing, it would be like a bold/nandrolone combo with much higher anabolic properties.

Yes, its a pretty wet compound, but you can do so much with so little making it;

A) It price effective despite it costing 60-120USD a vial
B) Easier on the body as a small dose is more than enough
C) Not super hard to dial in for AI, especially with the ace ester.

I want to use it precontest as enough androgenic compounds like tren/mast/mtren should allow me to stay very full and dry, something I doubt I could do with test only.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear