over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto and low back pain

heavyb

Registered
I been doing Keto again for the past couple of weeks. I am trying to stay around 16gb of carbs daily. I have noticed I am getting lower back pain that seems to be increasing. I already have back pain but it is normally only my sciatica nerve that goes down my left leg. Only gear currently is 250mg Test weekly.

Some people have issues with “dry joints” when doing Keto diets (has to do with less senovial fluid or something) that could be what’s happened to you.
This is the first I’ve ever heard of back pain though

Anyway to help it or just deal with it. I am already staying hydrated.

I mean..... realistically theres basically no chance that theyre related and you should probably just go see your doc to ask him you medical questions.

I've never heard of keto causing back pain. I seriously doubt they are related.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did starting a keto diet coincide with any other changes in gear use or training?

How would Keto = back pain?

Sciatica = you already got some type of spinal impingement or buldging disk issue going on. You do anything new in the gym or at home recently to aggravate it? If it gets worse I'd definately go see your PCP.

Huh...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thRboMXI4Rc"]The 16 Most Common KETO Side-Effects & Remedies - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing new Gym or Gear wise. Only change was going Keto. I had done Keto before and didnt have those issues. The pain I have now is not the same as normal back pain I live with... I fucked up my back a few years ago from a combo of working on cars and powerlifting. I have already had a fusion in my neck from lifting, football and cars. I work a desk job now and had to change my workouts completely. I am doing Keto since nothing has worked to get the midsection down.

Some people have issues with “dry joints” when doing Keto diets (has to do with less senovial fluid or something) that could be what’s happened to you.

This is the first I’ve ever heard of back pain though

That is very interesting for me, I'm deep into keto lifestyle and love it but have 'flairs' of my Psoriatic Arthritis in certain joints that I didn't before. Currently have what I believe to be golfers elbow but now wondering if Keto is having some affect. Thought I was quite knowledgable of keto & PsA interaction but not heard of the senovial fluid angle, but have heard number of PsA sufferers have joint issues on keto

That is very interesting for me, I'm deep into keto lifestyle and love it but have 'flairs' of my Psoriatic Arthritis in certain joints that I didn't before. Currently have what I believe to be golfers elbow but now wondering if Keto is having some affect. Thought I was quite knowledgable of keto & PsA interaction but not heard of the senovial fluid angle, but have heard number of PsA sufferers have joint issues on keto

My wife has psoriatic arthritis. If you're doing a more traditional keto with higher fats, the saturated fats could be causing inflammation and flaring up the arthritis.

Thanks mate, yes I do have days where higher sat fats are coming in, but haven't correlated this to the joints. I'll run some trials on sat fats V cleaner fats. I run 5% C, 40%P, 55%F. Does your wife run keto also?

Thanks mate, yes I do have days where higher sat fats are coming in, but haven't correlated this to the joints. I'll run some trials on sat fats V cleaner fats. I run 5% C, 40%P, 55%F. Does your wife run keto also?

She has in the past and didn't notice issues with her arthritis, though I always limited her saturated fats to animal proteins.

She just had major surgery for female issues and I signed her up with Dave Palumbo given his medical school background and other issues she has (primarily autoimmune). He took it a step further with limiting protein sources to whey, egg whites, and fish to minimize saturated fats and related inflammation as much as possible.

Also, it may not be the days that you consume higher saturated fats that you feel joint pain - it may 1 / 2 / 3 days after once it's processed through the body. Keep a record of your days with higher saturated fats and days when pain is worse and see if it correlates.

Well I went and got a MRI .. My back is worse than I thought I should have had a fusion back in 2014 but found a great prolo doc and made it this long. I am considering doing the fusion. Had one in my neck and it was all good.

Where are you guys getting information showing inflammation from keto diets? Keto diets are generally seen as anti-inflammatory and beta hydroxybutyrate has known anti-inflammatory properties so I'd be interested to know where that information is coming from.

Where are you guys getting information showing inflammation from keto diets? Keto diets are generally seen as anti-inflammatory and beta hydroxybutyrate has known anti-inflammatory properties so I'd be interested to know where that information is coming from.

Saturated fats promote inflammation. If you're doing a more traditional keto diet with butter, fatty cuts of meat, etc., that's where it comes from.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131