over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KETO DIET/CKD HELP

Harry1

Registered
Im not sure about some things hence why I'm asking anyone who is/has done a CKD/Ketogenic type of diet.

I currently eat approximately 200g P
120/150g C
50/60g F

Prior to the above I ate below 100g carbs a day and lost weight. But my calorie intake was approximately 1500 and I started to feel like crap so upped them.

CURRENT STATS

Im 5"8 (172.72cm)
Weight - 82.2 kg (181.22 pounds)

According to a few macro calculators if I was to follow a Ketogenic diet to GAIN at 10% surplus I should consume the following

110g P
24g C
175 F
TOTAL CALS = 2115

In order to lose weight

140g P
25g C
141g F
TOTAL CALS = 1930

Does this seem ok?
Would dropping Protein from 200 down to 110 or 140 result in muscle loss?

It seems little protein, It doesn't look like a ketogenic diet for weight athletes/bodybuillders.

IMO 1.8-2 grams of protein per kilo to gain and 2.5-3 grams to loss.

You really don't need that much fat, your original plan looked OK to me, although I don't know what your carbups look like. Add protein and take out some of that fat. For bodybuilding purposes, your protein should still remain fairly high. The extra fat in a keto diet does help at first, and if your TDEE is crazy, you just might need it; but the truth is that it's just not necessary for most. A more equal split of calories coming from fat and protein makes more sense to me and you can still lower fat from that if you're trying to lose.

Cheers for that. I got the following eating at a 10% deficit

C - 30g P - 145 F - 170g

Total intake = 2226
Trust me bro! If just starting keto stick with the macros from that calculator, if your in a calorie deficit your going to BURN BODY FAT!
After you have become pretty well fat adapted then you can start levering the fat downward and protein upward!.

As stated, keep carbs low... I've been doing Keto for two years and kept my carbs at 5%,while adjusting the fat/protein ratios based on how I feel or look.

If building muscle, and taking supplements... I go higher in protein, moderate fat, low carb. If working on getting leaner I'll reverse it.. But not by much.

Although fats are a great energy source, if your trying to burn body fat, you want your body to use your own stores of fat as the primary burner...

Thank you guys for your replies. Just to make you aware I am not a bodybuilder I dont have a lot of muscle, most of my fat is around the waist and lower back. I do strength training which is known as 5x5 and works like ABA ETC im sure you guys know what this is. I feel i have definitely gained strength and also noticed some minor gains over the past few months since starting this programme. Currently on no "supps" once I'm at the lower end meaning less fat I will introduce supps and tweak the diet. Im just worried dropping the protein may cause me to lose muscle, I completely trust what you guys are saying and I totally respect your advice. Over the few years i pretty much kept carbs low and stayed in a deficit unknowingly since increasing them i feel a little better but uncomfortable in the gut and started looking in to the aforementioned diet.

Few questions

I always read to keep protein hi so for my body weight at 82.2kg i stuck at approximately 200g so im worried about dropping this may cause muscle loss ?

Can being in a deficit for a long time cause fat gains especially if someone is strength training and not comsuming enough cals ?

Whilst i was unknowingly in a deficit and switched to strength training i felt much more zapped of energy which caused a lot of anxiety issues including physical symptoms does this sound possible ? (I do have anxiety issues however it's usually under control but prior to raising cals it was much worse)

Is there a keto related app that anyone usues and recommends ?

Could someone for learning purposes give me an example of a diet geared towards keto, i have a plan ready however i want to know what are the better options instead of butter, full fat creams etc (i have EVOO)

If you eat fat, do not have much muscle and have body fat to lose, you do not lose muscle.

Do not worry, you will not lose muscle by eating more than 2 grams of protein per kilo of weight.

Increasing bodyfat in caloric deficit is very difficult unless your diet is crap, does not train intelligently and not rest well.

Yes, in a deficit anxiety problems constantly knock on the door, lol, you just have to learn to deal with it and learn some tips.

Example of keto food would be 5-6 whole eggs, a cup of broccoli and flaxseed seeds. If you eat lean fish or meat, then, add coconut oil or olive oil. If you are going to drink a protein shake, you can add cream, butter. Occasionally, you can add a handful of nuts

If you eat fat, do not have much muscle and have body fat to lose, you do not lose muscle.

Do not worry, you will not lose muscle by eating more than 2 grams of protein per kilo of weight.

Increasing bodyfat in caloric deficit is very difficult unless your diet is crap, does not train intelligently and not rest well.

Yes, in a deficit anxiety problems constantly knock on the door, lol, you just have to learn to deal with it and learn some tips.

Example of keto food would be 5-6 whole eggs, a cup of broccoli and flaxseed seeds. If you eat lean fish or meat, then, add coconut oil or olive oil. If you are going to drink a protein shake, you can add cream, butter. Occasionally, you can add a handful of nuts

And once you become adapted, you really don't have to add extra fat that often. There are times when you probably need to carb load, but don't really even want to. I love eating like this. I crave steak and eggs most of the time, so that's what I eat. Oh, and cheese. Oh, and about two pounds of cottage cheese every day lol. Stick it in the freezer for a while, mix in some sugar free syrup and it's almost like ice cream.

I wake up at three or four in the morning with so much energy that it's hard to contain. I can't wait to get to work and put myself through some physical strain, if I can. I can't wait to see how I feel once I start gear, still haven't started.

Feel amazing eating like this. Almost like I'm high. Well, I'm still high, but yea.

And once you become adapted, you really don't have to add extra fat that often. There are times when you probably need to carb load, but don't really even want to. I love eating like this. I crave steak and eggs most of the time, so that's what I eat. Oh, and cheese. Oh, and about two pounds of cottage cheese every day lol. Stick it in the freezer for a while, mix in some sugar free syrup and it's almost like ice cream.

I wake up at three or four in the morning with so much energy that it's hard to contain. I can't wait to get to work and put myself through some physical strain, if I can. I can't wait to see how I feel once I start gear, still haven't started.

Feel amazing eating like this. Almost like I'm high. Well, I'm still high, but yea.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience I definitely felt the energy from reading your reply. I would love to feel the way you feel and will most definitely gather more information and start this diet soon.

This is how im currently eating and training

Current weight - 82.2kg

Height - 5F 8"

Training routine

5x5 programme compound lifts (ABA)

Mon - Wed - fri

40 min steady state cardio

Tue - Thur - Sat

Here is a typical day of eating for me

Breakfast

X3 whole eggs + x2 egg whites

Sprinkle of cheddar cheese

1 cup green tea + 1tsp honey

40g oats with 250ML skim milk

Pre workout

180g skinless grilled chicken with seasoning (peri)

X1 wholemeal wrap

Or 180g wholewheat pasta

1TBSP EVOO

Post workout

180g skinless grilled chicken with seasoning

X 1 wholemeal wrap

Or 180g wholewheat pasta

1TBSP EVOO

3 hours later

can of tuna (in spring water)

X 2 tbsp light mayonnaise mixed salad

Snacks

Apple banana or some grapes and a few nuts (not everyday)

I will post up what i will eat for the keto diet once i have put it together i think where i made a mistake in the past was having too little fat

Thank you for sharing your personal experience I definitely felt the energy from reading your reply. I would love to feel the way you feel and will most definitely gather more information and start this diet soon.

I'll put it to you this way, though... It may not be best for you. There's always that possibility. Some people seemingly never adjust to lower carbs, so no need to put yourself through hell just because a particular style of eating was recommended. I'm not really keto, anyway, I actually have no clue if I'm ketosis or not. I started enjoying my diet a lot more once I stopped caring about being in or out of ketosis.

Give it a try, but learn as you go and do what works for you.

I'll put it to you this way, though... It may not be best for you. There's always that possibility. Some people seemingly never adjust to lower carbs, so no need to put yourself through hell just because a particular style of eating was recommended. I'm not really keto, anyway, I actually have no clue if I'm ketosis or not. I started enjoying my diet a lot more once I stopped caring about being in or out of ketosis.

I responded well to low carbs but i messed up by not eating enough fats at the moment even at 150g of carbs my belly just grows like there's no tomorrow. Mainly bloating issues stacked with i guess water retention. I guess i can only try and then adjust as i go along

You have cereals, milk and fruit, you will hardly go into ketosis.

Your training seems good.

You have cereals, milk and fruit, you will hardly go into ketosis.

Your training seems good.

I have not started the keto based diet yet. It will be towards end of January 2020. Im sticking to my current diet and Im still learning and getting as much information as possible before I commence. After years of restricting calories and carbs I want to give my body and mind a break. I think I eat fairly well and "clean" but gaining fat in the wrong areas worries me so thats why I am interested in trying a proper keto based diet.

Oh ok, then it's fine, your diet looks good.

Im basically doing same program and enjoying it. I also try to keep the meals small ( 6-7oz chicken / beef ) Seems to work better for me

Anyone ran gear whilst doing a keto based diet? How did you respond with being on lower carbs and are carbs important to actually grow in general.

I am actually tiered now of seeing weight gain in the wrong places and looking like crap even after eating clean. I can not understand what the f@£k is going on and why my body is doing this.

Eating carbs after restricting them for some time (2 years) has lead me to believe that something is not right. I feel my anxiety is slightly worse and i seem to gain fat or water very easily. As stated above i will be trying a keto based diet and i am now leaning towards using some Test maybe a stack for 12/16 weeks.

I follow a ketogenic diet about 90% of the year, only time I place carbs in my diet is usually about a month before I start a very hard cut. Im currently running keto and im 5ft5 214 lbs @ about 10% bodyfat
My current macros are 170 protein 20 carbs 215 fat
This is me 3 days ago

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear