over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto diet not so good!

Didn't Matt Porter quit his Keto diet bc his lipids were so out of whack? It's not shocking..

Are you 100% sure your friends are "natural" and not running some Winny in the background?

Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients

24-week ketogenic diet (consisting of 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g/kg body weight protein, 20% saturated fat, and 80% polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat)

RESULTS:

The weight and body mass index of the patients decreased significantly (P<0.0001). The level of total cholesterol decreased from week 1 to week 24. HDL cholesterol levels significantly increased, whereas LDL cholesterol levels significantly decreased after treatment. The level of triglycerides decreased significantly following 24 weeks of treatment. The level of blood glucose significantly decreased. The changes in the level of urea and creatinine were not statistically significant.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients

24-week ketogenic diet (consisting of 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g/kg body weight protein, 20% saturated fat, and 80% polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat)

RESULTS:

The weight and body mass index of the patients decreased significantly (P<0.0001). The level of total cholesterol decreased from week 1 to week 24. HDL cholesterol levels significantly increased, whereas LDL cholesterol levels significantly decreased after treatment. The level of triglycerides decreased significantly following 24 weeks of treatment. The level of blood glucose significantly decreased. The changes in the level of urea and creatinine were not statistically significant.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

bro OP already said 'end of story'

I ran high fat, low carb for years... Both on and off aas. My cholesterol was effed the whole time... Really bad while on cycle. It's way down since I switched to more carbs, less fat, and more plant based protein. Everyone's different, just my experience.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Too me that is the other way.

When in my 20s i was on High Carb, Low fat. I was muscular but less lean.

10 years ago i switched to High fat, Low carb. Now im leaner but i still maintain my lean body mass.

My cholesterol is better when im on High Fat , low carb diet. it was really high when i was on High Carb, low fat. My tryglecerides went down also on low carb. I seem to have less inflamattion also, I looked younger than my age.

I think carb age you faster... It make sense since Carb rise insulin levels and lower Growth hormone.

I think 1. High carb,Low fat = Make you look a certain way,More bulky
2.High Fat,Low carb = Make you look a certain way.More compact,leaner

People told me i used to look way older when i was on high Carb, low fat.
Now they say i look more around my age and sometime younger.

Its a different "look"

I know Natural competitors that compete againts AAS user and they state that the keto diet was the only way to be very competitive againts aas user because of the high fat which keep testosterone high.

Last edited:
^^. That’s nonsense. No amount of fat will increase test levels close to someone on juice. Not even the same sport let alone ball park

^^. That’s nonsense. No amount of fat will increase test levels close to someone on juice. Not even the same sport let alone ball park

Read, what i wrote again. I didnt say it increase test to someone who juice.

I just say that i know natural competitors who hold their own on Keto diet againts AAS user.

The local ifbb trainer i hired years ago, Said that too be on a High Carb diet you need Gear. For someone who is natural, to optimize body composition, keto High fat is where its at.

The keto, Increase GH release.
The High fat somewhat increase Test levels.

A natural on High carb, low fat = GH Blunt, Insulin steadily elevated.

I really believe if your not on gear, Do Keto.

Last edited:
Yes gear will effect lipids as we know.. So it is difficult to say that keto did this.. Now if you had a previous blood work on cycle with a " regular" diet then we might have a comparison.. But I have a friend that is strictly keto.. Lives the lifestyle to say the least.. His recent blood work was great.. Hdl was 99.. Yes 99.. lol was very low and triglycerides were perfect.. But he is not a gear user.. Gear throws a wrench into blood work..

hey for some ppl does that , I have pretty lol total cholesterol and LDL, now on higher much higher doses and orals, and no keto, then those 3 months i went on keto, everything eas off , not by a much bit enough to make you scared, 2 weeks after i stopped keto, all improved significtantly...my fats were peanut butter, olive oil, salmon, and every once in awhile a few egg yolks from omega 3 eggs

Saturated fats are healthy in a keto diet.

Not exactly "healthy " but they are needed for the calories. Fat from cheese, ranch dressing, ect dont really scream healthy to me...

Avacados, Evo, omega 3's etc. Do

Can confirm cleaning up carbs (especially sugar) cleans up blood work.

Cutting all sugar out of my diet reduced my cholesterol from the high end all the way down to low end.

However I still think keto is torture. Though it really depends on how many grams of carbs is classified as keto. I don't eat any grains and I manage to get at least 200g carbs a day though.

Too me that is the other way.

When in my 20s i was on High Carb, Low fat. I was muscular but less lean.

10 years ago i switched to High fat, Low carb. Now im leaner but i still maintain my lean body mass.

My cholesterol is better when im on High Fat , low carb diet. it was really high when i was on High Carb, low fat. My tryglecerides went down also on low carb. I seem to have less inflamattion also, I looked younger than my age.

I think carb age you faster... It make sense since Carb rise insulin levels and lower Growth hormone.

I think 1. High carb,Low fat = Make you look a certain way,More bulky
2.High Fat,Low carb = Make you look a certain way.More compact,leaner

People told me i used to look way older when i was on high Carb, low fat.
Now they say i look more around my age and sometime younger.

Its a different "look"

I know Natural competitors that compete againts AAS user and they state that the keto diet was the only way to be very competitive againts aas user because of the high fat which keep testosterone high.

Matt some of the things you write just don't make sense. It's like you hear all this info and put it all together and come to the wrong conclusions. I can see what you mean but well I am sure others can see it too. You need to stop going off everything that ifbb guy told you. The moment trainers use definites like this way is the best or you have to do low carbs if you are natural you should take their advice with a pinch of salt. Everyone is different.

I know many guys who have carbs who look compact and lean. Some bodybuilders use huge amounts of carbs and are compact and lean. Everyone has different genetics. There are guys who have low carbs who are bulky. Carbs don't automatically make you look bulky. There are so many factors such as the type of carbs, food sources, the timing, the overall macros, overall calories and of course the individual using them.

Quite often a lot of the "natural" guys who go on about growth hormone or testosterone are completely bullshitting. They haven't a clue. But sure fat's are very important for healthy hormonal function.

All the best natural bodybuilders I have known utilized carbs especially in growth phases. But there are so many different approaches and effective ways to do things.

Cutting all sugar out of my diet reduced my cholesterol from the high end all the way down to low end.

However I still think keto is torture. Though it really depends on how many grams of carbs is classified as keto. I don't eat any grains and I manage to get at least 200g carbs a day though.

the actual keto is actually 90% fat and 10% protein, what bber do is not exactly keto but serve same purpose of using fat for energy...Palumbo himself admitted that, so some of the protein can convert in energy source and it makes it a bit harsher for bbing purposes , but in general it makes u feel pret shitty without the stimulants ...let alone just on DNP..ughhhhh

Definitely. A diet full of sugar is only going to be bad. Although there can be so many factors. Diets rich in fat can cause increases in LDL etc. Everyone is different but it's usually about finding balance. We all have different belief systems regarding food and well everything. Many say fruit is a no go at all but I think a diet full of anti-oxidant rich and relatively low carb berries is very beneficial. Then there are fruits such as pineapple and apples which I love and find can be very useful to the bodybuilder.

Eating grass fed beef is great but having it 3 times per day may cause some people issues. The same for salmon or whole eggs. But having all of them in your diet is only positive and they are some of the best foods you can eat. It's all about finding what works best for you. I know high fat messes up my cholesterol even if it's from healthy sources. I simply don't eat bad fat. Most of my diet is clean all year a part from a few odd breaks for short periods. I love beef, whole eggs, cashews, nut butters, chia seeds, argan oil, olive oil, macadamia nut oil, avocados etc.

Most people suffering from cholesterol issues are usually not consuming enough healthy fats and possibly too much sugars. Obviously if AAS is in the equation that just fucks everything up. My love for oral aas is why my HDL levels are so low but the rest of my cholesterol is perfect. Anyone with bad cholesterol would be smart adding in fish/krill oil and citrus bergamot. There are many other but those 2 is a nice and simple stack without going crazy on the supplements. I would actually recommend cholesterol pro by NOW Foods as it contains CB and Plant Stérols.

Last edited:
Yes gear will effect lipids as we know.. So it is difficult to say that keto did this.. Now if you had a previous blood work on cycle with a " regular" diet then we might have a comparison.. But I have a friend that is strictly keto.. Lives the lifestyle to say the least.. His recent blood work was great.. Hdl was 99.. Yes 99.. lol was very low and triglycerides were perfect.. But he is not a gear user.. Gear throws a wrench into blood work..

High HDL (>70) has recently been associated with higher mortality😱... shit gets more confusing each study that comes out.

Last edited:
One buddy does the lab work through his work. They give him extra $$$ to stay healthy by taki g a blood test since his job is sit down all day call center like.

They other buddy heard keto was bad and went I. To get blood work and was shocked at the results.

Neither of them bodybuilding or do steroids they were just trying the get in better shape.

I have heard it’s very common for keto to come back messing up blood work.
I tried it and just not worth having bad cholesterol all the time.

Not exactly "healthy " but they are needed for the calories. Fat from cheese, ranch dressing, ect dont really scream healthy to me...

Avacados, Evo, omega 3's etc. Do

All natural non-trans fats are healthy.

They can become harmful if you have carbohydrates, in a keto duet there are no good and bad fats.

Simply eat in a balanced way: coconut oil, nuts, fish, egg yolks, cheese, olive oil, etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131