over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto diet not so good!

the actual keto is actually 90% fat and 10% protein, what bber do is not exactly keto but serve same purpose of using fat for energy...Palumbo himself admitted that, so some of the protein can convert in energy source and it makes it a bit harsher for bbing purposes , but in general it makes u feel pret shitty without the stimulants ...let alone just on DNP..ughhhhh

Yea I've tried under 20g carbs a day before and about a week later I feel so tired and lazy but there are people who do feel fine on it. I feel the best on the most carbs possible while not gaining fat.

Definitely. A diet full of sugar is only going to be bad. Although there can be so many factors. Diets rich in fat can cause increases in LDL etc. Everyone is different but it's usually about finding balance. We all have different belief systems regarding food and well everything. Many say fruit is a no go at all but I think a diet full of anti-oxidant rich and relatively low carb berries is very beneficial. Then there are fruits such as pineapple and apples which I love and find can be very useful to the bodybuilder.

Eating grass fed beef is great but having it 3 times per day may cause some people issues. The same for salmon or whole eggs. But having all of them in your diet is only positive and they are some of the best foods you can eat. It's all about finding what works best for you. I know high fat messes up my cholesterol even if it's from healthy sources. I simply don't eat bad fat. Most of my diet is clean all year a part from a few odd breaks for short periods. I love beef, whole eggs, cashews, nut butters, chia seeds, argan oil, olive oil, macadamia nut oil, avocados etc.

Most people suffering from cholesterol issues are usually not consuming enough healthy fats and possibly too much sugars. Obviously if AAS is in the equation that just fucks everything up. My love for oral aas is why my HDL levels are so low but the rest of my cholesterol is perfect. Anyone with bad cholesterol would be smart adding in fish/krill oil and citrus bergamot. There are many other but those 2 is a nice and simple stack without going crazy on the supplements. I would actually recommend cholesterol pro by NOW Foods as it contains CB and Plant Stérols.

Everyone's different that's for sure. I love fruit and veggies a little too much. Probably my favorite way to have veggies is to cut them all up into strips or pieces then use a tiny bit of oil and saute them. Add in some meat and it's perfect. Another is egg whites with a few whole eggs with tons of veggies and greens.

Every man on both sides of my family has had or has high cholesterol. However my grandfather used to eat fried pork fat with mayonnaise on wonder bread. Really makes me wonder if it was genetic or diet. Probably both.

One buddy does the lab work through his work. They give him extra $$$ to stay healthy by taki g a blood test since his job is sit down all day call center like.

They other buddy heard keto was bad and went I. To get blood work and was shocked at the results.

Neither of them bodybuilding or do steroids they were just trying the get in better shape.

I have heard it’s very common for keto to come back messing up blood work.
I tried it and just not worth having bad cholesterol all the time.

Were these guys "far" to start with? And wheb bloodwork was done?

Its my understanding that while on keto diet, alot if cholesterol is present during the fat burning process so to speak.
If one would carry alot of fat stored from unhealthy eating, this breaks down during ketosis and is used as energy, thus the high choleserol also..

Do you know of any lean guys having same issues? Say like under 10% bodyfat...?

The one "side effect" I experienced whilst KETO diet that my blood work showed was a high level of uric acid.

Didn't feel any different nor did I OBV know.

After some research (outside of my genetics that causes this) is that apparently I was not "carbing up" enough on the weekend, hence, the lack of carbohydrates on the car up days caused me to have very high levels of uric acid.

After some research (outside of my genetics that causes this) is that apparently I was not "carbing up" enough on the weekend, hence, the lack of carbohydrates on the car up days caused me to have very high levels of uric acid.

That has not sense.

Maybe you should drink more water and reduce your protein intake.

here is the deal, I feel amazing when on Keto, more energy and lean and ripped and i dont feel as hungry all the time. I really want to stay on Keto so i trying to find more research on why keto effects cholesterol.

when you eat fat of course your total cholesterol will increase. it has been proven that when on keto you HDL will increase and triglycerides will decrease.

But, hang on, remember that there are two sizes of LDL particles: particle A (awesome) and particle B (bad).

The standard cholesterol test does not measure LDL particle sizes (LDL-P). It only measures TOTAL amounts (total cholesterol, total HDL, and total LDL). But with no insight into the actual lipoprotein sizes, the LDL number isn’t necessarily an accurate representation.

The problem with this is that it’s the B particles that cause the biggest problems. Remember, since particle B molecules are very small, they are the ones that get stuck in nooks and crannies of the arterial and vascular walls. Having more B particles will be bad. But, having more A particles won’t necessarily be bad. But if all you get is the TOTAL LDL (which is typical), you have no idea of your actual particle composition. So it’s possible that a high LDL number, without any context or further testing is not a problem at all.

In regards to LDL and VLDL, a 12-week diet intervention containing 10% of energy from carbohydrates (<50 grams) decreased the number of LDL particles by 9.6%, increased the size of those particles by 5.2%, and decreased the number of VLDL molecules by 19% (5)......

In addition, another 6-month ketogenic intervention resulted in decreases of 11% in LDL particle concentration, with the average particle size being increased by 2% (6). This optimization in LDL cholesterol was less pronounced in the low fat group compared to the low-carb ketogenic diet group. This is key to understand as most doctors now understand that LDL may not be the biggest culprit, but rather it is the VLDL that is associated with the most issues. By increasing the particle size of VLDL, they are less likely to become “clogged” and potentially have less issues long term.

There is some research out there suggesting that a ketogenic diet can lead to an increase in LDL cholesterol; however, this is typically a misinterpretation of the increase in LDL particle size that we previously discussed. Additionally, it is thought that this increase may occur as a result of the increase in HDL cholesterol. Therefore, though total cholesterol may rise, it is the ratio of HDL to LDL that seems to truly matter. Thus, properly constructing a well-formulated ketogenic diet should have beneficial effects long term on cholesterol levels, despite the high fat nature of the diet.

Attachments

• 38D1CFFA-1E40-4F09-9E63-E2C20B1A045E.jpeg
    38D1CFFA-1E40-4F09-9E63-E2C20B1A045E.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
That has not sense.

Maybe you should drink more water and reduce your protein intake.

Steve Phinney and Richard Johnson: Ketones, Uric Acid, High Fat and Health | Me and My Diabetes

Note from Steve Phinney: What this shows is that uric acid goes up promptly in the same time frame that ketones go up, but after 4-6 weeks, despite ketones staying up, uric acid starts to come back down. Based on these data and my clinical observations in thousands of patients, uric acid returns to or below pre-diet baseline within 6-12 weeks despite the person remaining is a state of nutritional ketosis. Thus, when I’m asked how long ketoadaptation aks, I generally respond that some aspects of it take 6 weeks or more.

This graph, by the way, shows blood uric acid levels from the untrained subjects (VT) and bicycle racers (MIT) at various times over 4-6 weeks of sustained carbohydrate restriction (aka keto-adaptation).

Impressive document.

As far as I know, there are no scientific records linking ketogenic diets to uric acid.

Impressive document.

As far as I know, there are no scientific records linking ketogenic diets to uric acid.

Only because I'm bored at work today and also for the OP was says KETO sucks.

Perhaps the NCBI is good enough for you.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4294438/

"In a research showed that 14 days of ketogenic diet resulted in improved total antioxidative status as well as increased uric acid and HDL levels. They interpreted this result as demonstrating the effect of ketogenic diet on antioxidative capacity"

Keto diets increase HDL and LDL, from the article I read you need to find a more specific ldl test to show how much ldl-b you have and ldl-a you have

I went keto for nearly 6months under NY muscle style 47%P/47%F under 20g carbs/day. Took me 3-4 weeks to switch to fats for energy and then felt good.

I get blood tests every 4weeks due to arthritis medication I'm on and also I'm natural.

My tri and ldl went up, to the point my doctor kept badgering me to go on statins. In the end I couldn't get past the flatness and no pump training, even though it was awesome for body fat reduction.

I now find a good balance with IF and carb back loading. As an endo and natural, low carb high protein is definitely the way to go

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

why does it have to be either high carb or low carb?
why not just do moderate carb.
simple.
either way, cals in v cals out is the only thing that matters. just a fact.
everything else is your ego telling u you're cool and better than everyone else cuz u do low carb/keto.
or ur better than everyone else cuz u do high carb.
doesnt matter at all. eat less, stay lean. eat more, get fat. nothing. else. matters.
unless maybe ur gonna go onstage and wanna lose water.
if not, doesnt matter for body compositon.

I didn't feel good in Keto.

Energy and mood wasn't good. However, i lost a good amount of weight for 5 weeks.

The issue with keto is that i can't consume fruits.

I feel fruits are an important element to humans.

Fruits are packed with vitamins, anti radical, anti oxidants, minerals etc.

I can't be just eating animal fat, nuts and oil all day.

I feel fruits are an important element to humans.

Fruits are packed with vitamins, anti radical, anti oxidants, minerals etc.

I can't be just eating animal fat, nuts and oil all day.
I need to start eating more fruit. Obviously didn't it while on keto and now out of the habit. Thanks for the reminder of fruit power!

Do some still have fruit as only carb source?

why does it have to be either high carb or low carb?
why not just do moderate carb.
simple.
either way, cals in v cals out is the only thing that matters. just a fact.
everything else is your ego telling u you're cool and better than everyone else cuz u do low carb/keto.
or ur better than everyone else cuz u do high carb.
doesnt matter at all. eat less, stay lean. eat more, get fat. nothing. else. matters.
unless maybe ur gonna go onstage and wanna lose water.
if not, doesnt matter for body compositon.
Yes and no. People respond different to different nutritional sources.
It depends on a lot of things. How much you move. Your bf pct. Your muscle mass. Your previous eating habits. Macro ratios. Your trigger foods. Your gut bacteria. And so on...

Cals in vs cals out neglects termogenetic effects of protein. Eating 2000 kcal of protein only is different to 2000 kcal of carbs.

It neglects body reactions to food (hormonal states, e.g. leptin in an obese person who doesnt move much vs leptin in a very lean and muscular person who goes to the gym 6 days a weak and moves heavy iron).

It also neglects the importance of micros.

And on and on.

On the simplest base you are right. But take one step forward and cals in vs cals out isnt '100% correct' anymore.

That's bull shit.

If you are a sedentary, then yes, you should not eat fruits.

If you are an athlete, you can stay on ketosis eating more grams of carbohydrates such as those present in a couple of fruits a day, nuts and vegetables.

That's bull shit.

If you are a sedentary, then yes, you should not eat fruits.

If you are an athlete, you can stay on ketosis eating more grams of carbohydrates such as those present in a couple of fruits a day, nuts and vegetables.
I believe it's the fructose rather than being a carb that's the issue when on keto. Goes to the liver not the muscle

On keto, i felt my body was missing something.

I believe in a balance diet with fruits and vege. Thats what God made us to eat.

No doubt i lost quiet a bit of fat, but energy was really low most of the time even though i was consuming 170-200g of fat.

when i did low carb (not strictly keto) combined with IF my cholesterol numbers where crazy. Doc said he had never seen something like this before
Total:96, LDL:56, HDL:28..
This was 7 months ago, gonna retest next month and see where i am now with higher carbs (around 250-350 a day)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131