over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

keto diet plus sups?

megwell

Newbies
g'day I posted this on another forum but haven't had much success with advice

Ok so i've been on the keto diet for a short time and i've already dropped 10lbs

I'm 6'1 and 210 pds (i was 220 when i started)

i've had a couple injuries over the past year and a half which has prevented me from seriously lifting

now i'm ready to hit the heavier weights

That being said with my diet have been consistent of - carbs less than 50g daily, fat around 125-150 and protein around 150g daily

i do low cardio keeping heart rate around 135 bpm max for 35-40 min daily

I was recently speaking with a friend who is a nurse and she told me that when you put yourself into ketosis you burn muscle as well

now

i have been taking innovagen helios daily

I have access to whatever sup I want

i've been thinking of low test from 250-400 week and var 80mg dailly on top

cycle experience.... lol a few lol

thoughts? experience?

research anything about the ANABOLIC Diet.
Its similar to keto but with 24-48hr carbups each weekend after the 12 day
initiation phase.
I've been able to gain weight, get stronger, and stay lean while doing this.
Obviously, come fall and winter i will slowly reintroduce carbs back in to help with workouts and recovery.
I tend to do just 20mins mod intensity cardio everyday and it hasn't affected my workouts. I'm about 215-220lbs depending on what time i weigh.
But any super supplement will definitely help to keep and gain muscle.
Feel free to PM me if you have any diet questions relating to keto or Anabolic diet

Last edited:
Your nurse friend knows what most nurses know about dieting...absolutely nothing. Ketosis has nothing to do with muscle loss. That being said just about every supplement or steroid that aids in gaining muscle..when used on a ketogenic diet...the effectiveness is reduced like 80%+ from my many years of experience.

I do like using anabolics during a keto diet as it will keep you strong and maybe even gain a pound or 2 of muscle while losing fat. Don't waste your time or money on anything fancy just stick to basic test and maybe some eq. Don't waste your time with anavar or tren or masteron or primo etc. These things won't work for shit on keto.....save those for when you are on a diet that contains more carbs.....test is best in this case.

Do you carb up on the weekends or every so often?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Your nurse friend knows what most nurses know about dieting...absolutely nothing. Ketosis has nothing to do with muscle loss. That being said just about every supplement or steroid that aids in gaining muscle..when used on a ketogenic diet...the effectiveness is reduced like 80%+ from my many years of experience.

I do like using anabolics during a keto diet as it will keep you strong and maybe even gain a pound or 2 of muscle while losing fat. Don't waste your time or money on anything fancy just stick to basic test and maybe some eq. Don't waste your time with anavar or tren or masteron or primo etc. These things won't work for shit on keto.....save those for when you are on a diet that contains more carbs.....test is best in this case.

Do you carb up on the weekends or every so often?

Wouldn't the Test make it even harder to resist the temptations of eating more carbs or is that more of an individual type of response to Test?

@iceman
Do I carb up?
Yes once a week I'll b carbing up..... Only to 100gms for that day
This seems to be the general consensus of what I've read

I have access to any gear I want
Test base-tne/ test no ester or suspension?
I've heard of people using it while on keto
I just thought that it would add too much water retention while on it?

Wouldn't the Test make it even harder to resist the temptations of eating more carbs or is that more of an individual type of response to Test?

Once I adapt to the diet I have zero cravings it's awesome. You also get 1.5-2 days where you are supposed to eat carbs so mentally it keeps you in check. I've noticed no ill effects or water retention no cravings etc taking test on keto. Just don't expect test to act like test when on a keto diet. ..The lack of carbs makes the drug so much less effective for some reason.

@iceman
Do I carb up?
Yes once a week I'll b carbing up..... Only to 100gms for that day
This seems to be the general consensus of what I've read

I have access to any gear I want
Test base-tne/ test no ester or suspension?
I've heard of people using it while on keto
I just thought that it would add too much water retention while on it?

You won't see any water retention from test on keto. I've never used suspension but I'm sure even that will not give the usual bloat when on keto. Also 100gms of carbs is way too low for the carb day but see how it works for you for the time being.

It's essentially high fat, moderate protein and no carbs (works out to 20-25gms a day or less of carbs from trace amounts in certain foods) 5 days a week then 2 days of carbing up or just eating normal with a focus on carbs but very low fat.

The way it was designed was really to be no carbs Sunday to Friday then after Fridays workout (which is supposed to be a full body workout 20+ reps per set to deplete whatever remaining glycogen is left) then carb up until Saturday night.

Most people have it laid out as a 3 day split then 4th day is the full body. I do chest and biceps on Monday. Back and triceps on Wednesday and since it's hard for me to get in the gym more than 3 days per week I'll do legs and shoulders as part of the full body depletion workout on Friday. It's a sick workout and you will want to vomit but man when you are done it's carb crazy time. Carbs and protein and pop tarts etc :) I look forward to the full body workout.

It's my favorite diet and works great every time. I just dropped another 10+lbs after doing it again after not being on this diet in ages.

The one thing to keep in mind its a high FAT diet not a high protein diet then of course no carbs. The carb days I don't go nuts usually 400-500 grams then last meal Saturday night is back to high fat and no carbs. The Monday workout is fucking awesome with all the carbs in your body.

So the thing you probably really want to know is the % breakdown of macros.

65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto. Simple as that.

Last edited:
There's tons of info on Google just search the letters CKD.

Last edited:
You can't stay on a low carb diet . They are for fast temporary loss. They burn muscles , screw up hormone balance . Best bet is to slowly get back to normal . Try like one said go on the anabolic diet or any diet that reintroduces carbs . Carbs spare muscle protien. , blunt cortisol , power contraction . Just ramp back up and eat clean

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

You can't stay on a low carb diet . They are for fast temporary loss. They burn muscles , screw up hormone balance . Best bet is to slowly get back to normal . Try like one said go on the anabolic diet or any diet that reintroduces carbs . Carbs spare muscle protien. , blunt cortisol , power contraction . Just ramp back up and eat clean

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

I'm not sure I feel that's the best advice to give someone without knowing their body type or history. As far as a keto diet for me and tons of people it's the most amazing diet. 24/7 constant energy levels, no cravings, no bloat, prozac like effect mentally where you just feel right all the time.

Ketosis doesn't burn muscle especially if you are eating a little below maintenance or even at maintenance. It's the only diet were I can keep caloric intake the same as my non diet routine and still lose fat.

Back in the day I use do a CKD to drop a lot of weight fast like 20lbs in a month. I'm older now and don't have all that time to do tons of cardio and want to be able to stay on the diet without mentally burning out. Well I just completed a 10 week keto diet after not being on one for like 12 years. I didn't want to go nuts with cutting calories or tons of cardio and had a goal of losing a pound per week. I lost exactly 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Strength is the same as pre diet or better, motivation is better because you see results every time you look in the mirror. No water fluctuations that fuck with you mentally, just a real awesome diet.

To your point about not staying on it too long I agree but the loss is not temporary. Now before I continue I'm talking about a CKD which has a carb up once a week so if you are saying it's better then just keto all the time like when you mentioned the anabolic diet above than we are indeed in agreement.

But no you can't stay on this diet for a long time because you will hit your goal before you know it and unless you want to be void of any body fat then there is no point in doing this or any diet long term.

It is insane to eat a keto diet that doesn't have a carb day especially if one stays on the diet for a few months with no carb days...that I will agree with all day long. It's also better for ones goals to incorporate a carb day as that person will lose more fat than if they didn't have a carb day from time to time.

Now let's discuss coming off a CKD type diet and transitioning into a more daily diet. What I do is the opposite of the high fat routine. I will go right to high protein lowish carbs and low low fat. Keep the carbs around workout time and that's it... after 2 weeks then up the carbs a bit and start adding some healthy fats. I find coconut oil works great here. I'm currently on this phase of the diet and lost another 5lbs after the initial 10lbs lost on keto.

But yeah get that weekly carb day in there for a for a very successful kero diet.

Make sure you are using Keto strips to pass through your urine to make sure your actually in Keto. Also if your not eating real high fat foods, you are probably not going to go deep purple on the ketosticks. For me this diet worked for fat loss, but also came with the price of muscle loss as well. Cortisol levels raise d/t no carbs, but anyway check out gluconeogenisis. This is the process of making glucose from non glucose sources. And guess what is it's easiest conversion-yep, muscle tissue. There is contradicting theories. One says the whole point of this diet is that you spare muscle tissue, and the other says no way, your body will find a way to make its glucose. Also Arnold spoke of the protein sparing effect by eating carbs, so that your body won't dip into its protein or muscle source. I guess just research, experiment, and use what works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to agree on a good bit of what NY Muscle says here.

A few pointers.

If holding a fair bit of muscle.. You WILL lose muscle on a CKD diet if not on gear. It is best to keep the gear basic.

No need for exotic compounds unless you are already in the single digits and save them for the end.

It usually takes someone a few runs with a CKD to figure out how much they need to eat before they "Spill Over" for their current metabolism, as well as how best to reduce their carbs to match their training in order to hit ketosis.

question for you guys that know keto well...

do you change your training frequency, volume etc when doing keto? I tried the diet once and lasted a few weeks but I had an issue with losing steam during my workouts. I would start out with lots of energy and all of a sudden during a set just get zapped. I slowly added carbs back in and got my steam back. Could my problem have been keeping protein too high and not enough fat? I was afraid that if I let my protein drop I would lose muscle.

question for you guys that know keto well...

do you change your training frequency, volume etc when doing keto? I tried the diet once and lasted a few weeks but I had an issue with losing steam during my workouts. I would start out with lots of energy and all of a sudden during a set just get zapped. I slowly added carbs back in and got my steam back. Could my problem have been keeping protein too high and not enough fat? I was afraid that if I let my protein drop I would lose muscle.

It sounds like you are not eating enough fat and maybe it just takes you a little longer to get used to the diet. I also heavily rely on the pre-workout pump products on this diet.

It sounds like you are not eating enough fat and maybe it just takes you a little longer to get used to the diet. I also heavily rely on the pre-workout pump products on this diet.

That is what I think as well. I dropped the carbs and upped the fat but obviously not high enough. I will give the ratio u stated a try and see how it goes. keep the daily calories the same but lower the protein, drop the carbs, and raise the fat higher.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws