over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto Diet While On Gear

Chefrobbyp

Newbies
I have never really seen much info regarding this. There's a few threads here and there about it. But for the most part I'm under the impression that keto and gear aren't optimal...am I wrong?

Look up Matt Porter on instagram or YouTube. He did an experiment series on keto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A deficit is a deficit. Keto is nothing special AND the lack of carbs could cause some sub-par workouts too.

I've done keto when cutting a few times. Keto will help you lose weight faster but that weight is not actually fat-burn. In fact if I recall correctly there's studies that the keto diet burns actual FAT no faster than a deficit. You just lose weight faster from the lack of water and glycogen retention caused by carbs. All that water and glycogen will come back when eating carbohydrates again. Your workouts suffer & there is no pump to chase.

If you have problems with cravings or controlling your diet then go keto, since it will remove any cravings, but you can still enjoy your carbohydrates and perform at your best in the gym while getting the results you want as long as you stick to the right sources of foods (low gi carbs) and are discipline enough to resist food cravings.

I've learned from my experience that I need carbohydrates to performance at my best and still get results I want without having to restrict myself certain foods. Keto is good if u wanna drop weight fast, but it's not better at burning fat, and if you're goal is to gain mass or add lean quality muscle over time then carbohydrates are an absolute MUST.

Last edited:
I've done keto when cutting a few times. Keto will help you lose weight faster but that weight is not actually fat-burn. In fact if I recall correctly there's studies that the keto diet burns actual FAT no faster than a deficit. You just lose weight faster from the lack of water and glycogen retention caused by carbs. All that water and glycogen will come back when eating carbohydrates again. Your workouts suffer & there is no pump to chase.

If you have problems with cravings or controlling your diet then go keto, since it will remove any cravings, but you can still enjoy your carbohydrates and perform at your best in the gym while getting the results you want as long as you stick to the right sources of foods (low gi carbs) and are discipline enough to resist food cravings.

I've learned from my experience that I need carbohydrates to performance at my best and still get results I want without having to restrict myself certain foods. Keto is good if u wanna drop weight fast, but it's not better at burning fat, and if you're goal is to gain mass or add lean quality muscle over time then carbohydrates are an absolute MUST.

Yeah carbs in general are my enemy. While in ketosis I get no cravings or even signal that I'm hungry except post work out. Any time I have ever been on a diet...I couldn't follow it long becuz once the calories were cut...cravings were thru the roof

I just got done with keto. I wasnt on anything tho. Lost some decent weight pretty quick. Then got really flat. My performance in the gym was very subpar. Im sticking to carbs. As said before, a deficit is a deficit

Sent from my D6708 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Go to Bboys thread in "Ask the Pros". Hes huge and a keto guy. So is Nymuscle

I would think going keto might cause you to not have enough energy to get an optimum workout. Just a guess but everybody is different.

If i want to lose weight, is there any other side effects of Keto diet ? Thanks

Im on keto diet.
Yes you loose water weight and get a flat.
Pumps are ok, im on 500mg TE and 200mg TRE.

I like it, but its really hard getting into real hardcore ketosis.
Get yourself ketostix to measure if it works for you.
I cant even have a nocco bcaa/caffine drink. The 3g of bcaa in there will kick me out of ketosis within a hour.
Zero carbs and no bcaa for me..
Only carbs i get is from nuts and veggies.

Once your in ketosis, you will burn fat.

Good luck!

Let me understand Keto

I've little Idea about Keto Diet "keto diet is diet which contains a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It's also known as – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc.

I've little Idea about Keto Diet "keto diet is diet which contains a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It's also known as – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc @ **broken link removed**

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear