over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

keto diet

subby

Registered
anyone know where i can find a good amount of info on the keto diet. possibly a book or something that gives detailed meal plans

Keto diet is more of a catch phrase today that usually describes any diet that is usually very low in carbs and they seem to vary greatly. Can you be more specific about what you mean?

well, im looking for a detailed way to lose weight...in other words some meal plans that would put my body into astate of keto so i can lose weight.

but as you say.. low carbs and good amounts of everything else.. can be achieved but is challenging.

As I stated in another post you will not and do not need to stay in ketosis to lose fat on a carb restricted diet. I would suggest going on a zero carb and eat nothing but red meat, eggs and some fish and or chicken. Do not make the mistake of keeping your fat low. I do not know what you weigh, but start maybe with 2500 cals and keep your fat intake at about 70% of your cals. This is a good start, but you will eventually have to lower your cals to get really ripped if that is what you desire. You also should not be hungry on this diet. You do not need to be super strict at all and eat as many meals as you feel that you need.

Magnum nice to see you posting today --- I was actully looking up some old threads/post that you made earlier today at work....LOL !!!

Subby--- Like magnum said is all correct ofcourse, but if you want more info or detailed info go to Palumbos site (rxmuscle.com) and he has alot of good info there...

chris

Magnum nice to see you posting today --- I was actully looking up some old threads/post that you made earlier today at work....LOL !!!

Subby--- Like magnum said is all correct ofcourse, but if you want more info or detailed info go to Palumbos site (rxmuscle.com) and he has alot of good info there...

chris

Thanks bro, I just want to clarify Dave's diet is higher in carbs than what I recommend, not saying he is wrong just that mine differs. I go zero all week long with carb up days usually once weekly.

Thanks bro, I just want to clarify Dave's diet is higher in carbs than what I recommend, not saying he is wrong just that mine differs. I go zero all week long with carb up days usually once weekly.

Zero = no green veggies? No broccoli/spinach/cabbage?

MAGNUM,

let me ask you this then...I have worked with dave in the past and his diet worked great for me and others (im sure you know...LOL ) But why do you go totally zero carbs (no greens, no cashews, almonds, natty PB ?) Do you think this is better way to do the keto type of diet ? Why would you need to go totally zero vs. having a few carbs from greens and nuts, PB, ect, ect...Just curious and want to learn from the best...LOL !!! Thank you

chris

Come on Magnum!!! Time to give up your secrets; well at least some. I know you advocate the old school way of getting ripped.

Also, when you say zero carbs, should one still stay within a caloric restriction or eat until satisfied over a particular number of meals?

Hey Chris, you ask some awesome questions and you are posting great thoughts.

Thanks.

Bump!

I would like to hear more about using fibrous carbs prior to lifting weights while on keto. On another board we are discussing this, and I'm thinking that lifting weights would be considered brief high-intensity cardio:

HIT cardio requires a faster energy source than ketones ie glucose....this can only come from one place while on a keto diet...neoglucogenesis (glucose via amino acids conversion (muscles))

Carbs are reequired for training...thus indirect sources and fibrous carbs (veggies) are necessary (50g daily is fine)

trying for keto

been trying to establish keto, have the sticks, im doing the 25% pro, 75% fats, no carbs and lifting heavy and even after like 5 or 6 days the stick is not really purple, i think it changed slighltly but not for sure, how much purple do you guys see and how long does it take to cleary see purple ,and how or if you can see deep purple is that even good for you or safe?

MAGNUM,

let me ask you this then...I have worked with dave in the past and his diet worked great for me and others (im sure you know...LOL ) But why do you go totally zero carbs (no greens, no cashews, almonds, natty PB ?) Do you think this is better way to do the keto type of diet ? Why would you need to go totally zero vs. having a few carbs from greens and nuts, PB, ect, ect...Just curious and want to learn from the best...LOL !!! Thank you

chris

I am very interested as well...I do low carb approach, nothing extreme, but I have thought of doing your approach with regards to high fat and zero carbs. Just wanting a bit more information or it may just be as simple as Fat's being your only source of energy. Just double checking that if the fats are high enough as you said that our bodies will use ketones as a form of converted energy without digging into the protein (eating away of the muscle)?? Thanks magnum for all the great info you provide!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner