over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Keto Ratios

jim12

Registered
Hey I was curious what you guys think should be a proper amount of fat intake for a ketosis diet.

I've always prefered a mainly high protein low carb diet. Not too concerned with fats as long as they come from good fats. Anyway I am going to give give a Keto diet a go to see if I can possible cut up a bit before I go on my next cycle for the coming summer.

I am about 190lbs and 18% BF. Want to get it down below 15% if I can before my next cycle. Anyway I dont think you really need the stats as I am only asking for a prefered ratio.

So far I have 70% calories coming from protein 27% fats and 3% Carbs.
242g protein 41g Fat 9g Carbs.

I still have 2 meals left thus even half a chicken breast for 25g protein and a protein shake before bed roughly 45g protein.

Unfortunately I am too poor to hire someone to help me with all my diet so if anyone would like to give me some free advice it would be very helpful. If not I totally understand. Everyone has to make money. Im trying to get my finance business going here soon so hopefully at somepoint I will be able to hire someone.

Just give you an idea I have no real ambitions of any competitions or anything like that. Its mainly just for me and also to get bigger faster stronger at the sports that I play. Just want to be happy with all I can get out of my body without taking it TOO FAR!!

Im not pro or nutritionist but that doesn't look like a keto diet to me.
Placing the body into ketosis forces it to use fats as the main energy source, those look way to low to me man. Too many proteins would be counter effective.
There's a pdf floating around written by Lyle McDonald that breaks down ketosis, its theory, the hows and whys and what to do and expect. You could also buy that pdf book as well.

Anabolic Diet

The AD macros breakdown is 55-60%fat 35-40%protien with <35g of carbs.
It uses a 24-48 hour reefed every 5-7days i beleive. I usually just do one on friday or saturday

Just give you an idea I have no real ambitions of any competitions or anything like that. Its mainly just for me and also to get bigger faster stronger at the sports that I play. Just want to be happy with all I can get out of my body without taking it TOO FAR!!

Depending on what types of sports you play, a keto diet might not be the best choice.

Thanks everyone for your info. I am positive that keto is not what i want while looking at those ratios. I prefer having a high protein diet and most of my diet coming from protein. I am still trying to find that sweet spot that works best for my body. Right now I am trying a 60%-70% protein,
15%-25% healthy fats, and 5%-15% carbs (Mainly dependent on my activities before and after workouts). Gonna try and see how my body responds for the next few weeks and go from there.

Any opinions would be great! I may have to up my carbs a touch but I am hoping that I dont have too. Just have to wait and see

What ratios do you guys look for in your lives???

Thanks everyone for your info. I am positive that keto is not what i want while looking at those ratios. I prefer having a high protein diet and most of my diet coming from protein. I am still trying to find that sweet spot that works best for my body. Right now I am trying a 60%-70% protein,
15%-25% healthy fats, and 5%-15% carbs (Mainly dependent on my activities before and after workouts). Gonna try and see how my body responds for the next few weeks and go from there.

Any opinions would be great! I may have to up my carbs a touch but I am hoping that I dont have too. Just have to wait and see

What ratios do you guys look for in your lives???

I run a TKD.75-100 carbs around the anabolic window.30 grams or under the rest of the day.1 gram protein per pound and the rest from fat to equal caloric needs.I have tried the ckd but felt like crap on the carb up days and was extremely tired the rest of the week keeping carbs under 30.The TKD works best for me.I onlu use it while cutting.Bulking i do a 40/40/20.

Hey I was curious what you guys think should be a proper amount of fat intake for a ketosis diet.

I've always prefered a mainly high protein low carb diet. Not too concerned with fats as long as they come from good fats. Anyway I am going to give give a Keto diet a go to see if I can possible cut up a bit before I go on my next cycle for the coming summer.

I am about 190lbs and 18% BF. Want to get it down below 15% if I can before my next cycle. Anyway I dont think you really need the stats as I am only asking for a prefered ratio.

So far I have 70% calories coming from protein 27% fats and 3% Carbs.
242g protein 41g Fat 9g Carbs.

I still have 2 meals left thus even half a chicken breast for 25g protein and a protein shake before bed roughly 45g protein.

Unfortunately I am too poor to hire someone to help me with all my diet so if anyone would like to give me some free advice it would be very helpful. If not I totally understand. Everyone has to make money. Im trying to get my finance business going here soon so hopefully at somepoint I will be able to hire someone.

Well lol... the Keto diet is not for all. its very unique in so many senses. That was kind of my motivation for tweaking it into my own diet (CC/Keto-Hybrid) to me its effectiveness is close and psychologically its more tolerable. Keto is solid, its like a map to destiny. To me it seems to be a primitive form of the future, kind of like early tools by man to cut things and create fire. A new milestone yet out dated. Point is its sparking a new future, and we're living it...

I have tried the high protein low fat approach and feel like shit. Your energy is supposed to come from fats.

I love Keto aswell. I honeslty feel great once im adjusted to fats. Plus it affords me to still be social during the weekend, go out to dinner, eat pretty much what I want, maybe have a drink or two. Nothing extreme but its a nice mental break from 6 days of dieting.

Its a transition which takes abt 72hrs you can decrease this time if you force it down

Its a transition which takes abt 72hrs you can decrease this time if you force it down

Dave, are you saying you prefer a high protien percentage? I feel like I dont have as much energy if my fat falls to much below 50% while on a keto

Well lol... the Keto diet is not for all. its very unique in so many senses. That was kind of my motivation for tweaking it into my own diet (CC/Keto-Hybrid) to me its effectiveness is close and psychologically its more tolerable. Keto is solid, its like a map to destiny. To me it seems to be a primitive form of the future, kind of like early tools by man to cut things and create fire. A new milestone yet out dated. Point is its sparking a new future, and we're living it...

WTF are you talking about? :eek:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost