over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketones

NOSUPERMODEL

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What is the deal with this latest fad of drinking Ketones? Maybe it's not new, but I have just noticed it popping up everywhere on social media. Anybody have any feedback on it? Does it work? Is it dangerous?

I know Toney Freeman is a big advocate of the NOKETONE supplements , I haven't looked into it to see exactly what or how it works but from what i gather you can eat some carbs while drinking the sup and stay in ketosis.

I personally don't see the point , seems kinda like taking metformin

Just more garbage to occupy an already busy mind...

Waste of $. This bs preys on those ignorant to biochemistry and endocrinology. Drinking ketones does not put you into ketosis.

Last edited:
Waste of $. This bs preys on those ignorant to biochemistry and endocrinology. Drinking ketones does not put you into ketosis.

Its not meant to put you into ketosis. Most use it as an alternate fuel source to feel better mentally on lower carbs, and also for the satiety it provides. Geard up did an episode about it recently with paul carter

I have used the exogenous ketones.
I have also done blood test before and after drinking in and there was a significant increase in ketones in my blood.

as for whether that means I am in "ketosis", well here is the defintion of ketosis

Ketosis is a metabolic state in which some of the body's energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis in which blood glucose provides most of the energy.caus
The rpoblem lies in the selling of the ketone supplements as fat loss products.
Because the reason you lose fat in keto diet is becaue your body is burning the fat to produce the ketones...with the supplement, you just drink it.

Here's what I found:
When trying to go low carb, your body feels like shit because it misses glucose and energy from it.
If you go low carb and drink ketones, on the other hand, your body doesn't crave carbs as bad because it has a fuel source which it likes...ketones. So you dont have the cravings.

Also, for cardio and high intensity exercise that you need high oxygen demands for, it is awesome, When your body is using ketones you need 28% less oxygen to do the same activity than you do when running on glucose.

Using 30% less oxygen to do intense activity is a performance enhancer in my book.

And recovery is much better from those activities.

I think there are ways to use it that are beneficial. But its also not the same as just drinking the supplement and getting the same benefit as a keto diet, like weight loss. I've seen people lose weight using it because the lack of cravings helps make better food choices.
But I've also seen it not work for people in that respect of weight loss.

I have tried it myself and have experienced a cleaner energy, a mental focus, less carb cravings and better cardio.

I don't think they've found the ultimate way to use them yet.

I have used the exogenous ketones.
I have also done blood test before and after drinking in and there was a significant increase in ketones in my blood.

as for whether that means I am in "ketosis", well here is the defintion of ketosis

Ketosis is a metabolic state in which some of the body's energy supply comes from ketone bodies in the blood, in contrast to a state of glycolysis in which blood glucose provides most of the energy.caus
The rpoblem lies in the selling of the ketone supplements as fat loss products.
Because the reason you lose fat in keto diet is becaue your body is burning the fat to produce the ketones...with the supplement, you just drink it.

Here's what I found:
When trying to go low carb, your body feels like shit because it misses glucose and energy from it.
If you go low carb and drink ketones, on the other hand, your body doesn't crave carbs as bad because it has a fuel source which it likes...ketones. So you dont have the cravings.

Also, for cardio and high intensity exercise that you need high oxygen demands for, it is awesome, When your body is using ketones you need 28% less oxygen to do the same activity than you do when running on glucose.

Using 30% less oxygen to do intense activity is a performance enhancer in my book.

And recovery is much better from those activities.

I think there are ways to use it that are beneficial. But its also not the same as just drinking the supplement and getting the same benefit as a keto diet, like weight loss. I've seen people lose weight using it because the lack of cravings helps make better food choices.
But I've also seen it not work for people in that respect of weight loss.

I have tried it myself and have experienced a cleaner energy, a mental focus, less carb cravings and better cardio.

I don't think they've found the ultimate way to use them yet.

Exactly. Well said

Its not meant to put you into ketosis. Most use it as an alternate fuel source to feel better mentally on lower carbs, and also for the satiety it provides. Geard up did an episode about it recently with paul carter

Maybe we're seeing different ads, the stuff that keeps popping up in my fb feed claims one dose puts the body in ketosis etc etc

Maybe we're seeing different ads, the stuff that keeps popping up in my fb feed claims one dose puts the body in ketosis etc etc

They can claim whatever they want...but people who know better aren't using them for this

chick i know's using ketones, she's pushing pruvit and keto academy.
hard. obvie she's repping it, but her progress the last 2-3 months, going by her fat loss, can't be argued.
however, being on a keto diet and working out is gonna drop fat with or without ketones.

chick i know's using ketones, she's pushing pruvit and keto academy.
hard. obvie she's repping it, but her progress the last 2-3 months, going by her fat loss, can't be argued.
however, being on a keto diet and working out is gonna drop fat with or without ketones.

Pruvit is the one I am hearing about.

Here's one opinion: https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/avoid-this-ketogenic-rip-off

Just thinking about it rationally, taking in any amount of "fuel" lessens the body's need to find/create that fuel itself.

There may be some argument here for use first thing in the morning as a way to promote "metabolic flexibility" and maintain the fat usage coming out of a sleep fast...if you're going to stay low carb for the rest of the morning and into afternoon. I could also see some potential benefit as pre-workout energy for someone already in a carb-deprived state. BUT you can find a BHB supplement for a fraction of the price of Pruvit. AND you can just use MCT Oil or Coconut oil for a fraction of that price.

I don't think there is anything particularly magical about ketones or ketosis. It just happens to be a side effect of a low carb diet, where I believe the real driver of fat loss is a sustained long-term environment of low insulin levels (relative to frequent carb feedings).

Lastly, and somewhat unrelatedly, from what I have seen over on Reddit, this Pruvit company is running basically a multi-level marketing scam...so they certainly won't be receiving any of my money if I do decide to try a BHB supplement.

Last edited:
Here's one opinion: https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/avoid-this-ketogenic-rip-off

Just thinking about it rationally, taking in any amount of "fuel" lessens the body's need to find/create that fuel itself.

There may be some argument here for use first thing in the morning as a way to promote "metabolic flexibility" and maintain the fat usage coming out of a sleep fast...if you're going to stay low carb for the rest of the morning and into afternoon. I could also see some potential benefit as pre-workout energy for someone already in a carb-deprived state. BUT you can find a BHB supplement for a fraction of the price of Pruvit. AND you can just use MCT Oil or Coconut oil for a fraction of that price.

I don't think there is anything particularly magical about ketones or ketosis. It just happens to be a side effect of a low carb diet, where I believe the real driver of fat loss is a sustained long-term environment of low insulin levels (relative to frequent carb feedings).

Lastly, and somewhat unrelatedly, from what I have seen over on Reddit, this Pruvit company is running basically a multi-level marketing scam...so they certainly won't be receiving any of my money if I do decide to try a BHB supplement.

Then you should read more research on the topic

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner