over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ketos and BF%

warwolf

Registered
Looking to get opinions from people who are doing or have done any of the ketos/low carb diets. I am finding that it has leaned me out but that my body fat is not really going down even though my weight is. I am currently sitting at about 185lbs and 15-16% BF measured with digital calipers.

Has anyone tracked a true decrease in BF% while doing this diet?

Is the leaning out just coming from the lack of carb bloat?

If there is BF lose, at what rate did you experience the lose?

What were you eating before you went to a low carb diet?

Did you slowly transition down?
How long have you been following the diet?
Are you eating good foods or just fitting your macros?
Has cardio/training changed?

This question is too hard to answer without knowing all the variables.

Bodyfat can be lost with any type of diet.

Did you slowly transition down? I was eating mostly clean normal maintenance calories before starting low carb.

How long have you been following the diet? Only been following it a little over a week (I know not long enough to get any real effects). My concern is that I am losing weight and nothing on the BF% when I measure.

Are you eating good foods or just fitting your macros? Mostly good foods (chicken, fish, turkey, fish oil, some greens, cheese) a couple bad things when in a pinch traveling (McDonalds double cheeseburger without bun or something similar)

Has cardio/training changed? Do cardio about 30 mins some mornings but mostly after lifthing in the afternoon.

simple answer here increase cardio... i got to 7% FAST doing a hour on the stepper twice a week, on the keto/palumbo diet. After that i got stuck and did not drop and ounce or bf until I went to cardio 5 times a week for an hour at 5am. I may be wrong but i am a firm believer that 30 mins of just cardio is waste unless your doing HITT style training. I am not sure how your actual training is like so thats impossible to evaluate every one will say its good until its actaully seen by a legit trainer then its picked apart.

i have learned that most people dont train properly even though they think they do. Same goes for diets. Take everything back the the drawing board, this is why its important to log what works and doesnt. This way when you overocome this phase and get stuck again you can remember every macro you ate and workout you did to push past it. I find that much easier then going off the fly...

Did you slowly transition down? I was eating mostly clean normal maintenance calories before starting low carb.

How long have you been following the diet? Only been following it a little over a week (I know not long enough to get any real effects). My concern is that I am losing weight and nothing on the BF% when I measure.

Are you eating good foods or just fitting your macros? Mostly good foods (chicken, fish, turkey, fish oil, some greens, cheese) a couple bad things when in a pinch traveling (McDonalds double cheeseburger without bun or something similar)

Has cardio/training changed? Do cardio about 30 mins some mornings but mostly after lifthing in the afternoon.

You're losing bloat and glycogen stores.. It takes longer than a week to lose fat in the beginning.

Give it more time.

Also, if you need help. I would buy Shelbys book "Simple guide to very low carb diets". Or you could hire him :p
**broken link removed**

cut out your dairy and McD's i dont understand how people like that stuff its like 60% filler and crap... There is probably just as much bread in the burger at MC'D's as the bun lol... I did keto for 4 months with only two cheat days. The cheat days destroyed me and gave me migrains, so i didnt do them. I would carb up every three weeks with some brown rice and a pb&J (ezekiel bread, organic peanutbutter, and sugar free jelly)

You're losing bloat and glycogen stores.. It takes longer than a week to lose fat in the beginning.

Give it more time.

Also, if you need help. I would buy Shelbys book "Simple guide to very low carb diets". Or you could hire him :p
**broken link removed**

i am getting ready to pick up all his books. I think im going to hire him not this year but next year.

They are good, give you an explanation of basic guidelines to diet and what not.

I feel they would help you in this situation.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws