over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketosis Diets

bluto

Registered
To keep oneself in Ketosis, can you still have suger-free drinks?

How much weight would you expect tp lose per week once your fat percentage gets below 10%, and you keep unsaturated fat levels high in your diet????

Man thats kind of a hard question to ask....everyone is so different. I know my weight didnt go up and down that much but then again I grew into the diet I was doing and it was very high in good fats and super low carb. I think once my body got below 10%, I noticed the biggerst composition change but the scale didnt move that much. Thats about the best you could ask for. As far as drinks and sugar free stuff...anything that is going to spike your insulin levels is a no no...Im sure you know this though. I just stayed away from much of that stuff because my whole philosophy is that if I dont see everything go into it, then I dont eat it (pre contest that is). Everyone is different too....Im not blessed with an ultra fast metablism like some so I have to watch. I hope that helped even though I didnt directly answer your question, thats what I experienced.

One other thing too....sweeteners like Xylitol and Aspartame are not supposed to have an effect on your blood sugar levels but like I said earlier it just tasted too good for me to believe that something wasnt bad in there. Lo-han and Stevia are maybe the only things I would use and even then I would use them very sparingly.

Last edited:
I think DD says in body opus that aspartame is a no no when doing a keto diet

How much weight would you expect tp lose per week once your fat percentage gets below 10%, and you keep unsaturated fat levels high in your diet????

i go with just water, or if lagging a black coffee, i keep my water intake high

1. to answer your first question - some people can, some people can't. it never effected my keto levels ... but ...

2. ratios of fat are based on your current weight and LBM.
Your body uses fat for energy. Thats the simple answer.

You should ready everything you can on ketogenic dieting. Or you'll be posting questions in here every 2 seconds.
Go over to **broken link removed**. Lyle's a bit of an asshole, but IMO he's the king of keto and can answer any questions you have, along with his rude Getalong Gang in his forums that know quite a bit, as well.

just dont go and have like a whole cup of splenda or so, as it still has 1 gram of carbs per packet. so, if you arent careful, you will just be doing the same thing as taking in sugar.

as awn2004 said, you just are trying to keep the insulin spike from happening.

just dont use much. use stevia if you have to use some sweetner. just might help a bit.

just dont go and have like a whole cup of splenda or so, as it still has 1 gram of carbs per packet. so, if you arent careful, you will just be doing the same thing as taking in sugar.

as awn2004 said, you just are trying to keep the insulin spike from happening.

just dont use much. use stevia if you have to use some sweetner. just might help a bit.

Yeah, but seriously ....1g?!
LOL

i remember being told that i couldn't take it more than 20g of carbs without being kicked out ketosis .... HAHAHAA :D

But then realized i could literally have a dish of thai noodles, and nothing would happen .... .... i'd still be in ketosis without any problems.

Everyone reacts differently, so take it with a grain of salt and figure it out for yourself.
Just avoid anything containing Sorbitol - it's converted to fructose in the liver and will kick you out of ketosis.

And because i'm super-duper nice, i'll answer your 'how much weight will i lose' question (and because keto diets are pretty much all i DO know about!!) Depending on how you're cycling your keto diet, you'll lose quite a bit of weight the first week - the weight loss is primarily water and glycogen. The removal of carbohydrates from the diet and the reduction of glycogen can results in substantial bodyweight reductions, during the low carb period. A ketogenic diet is diuretic and supplements taken, such as the ECA stack will also add to this effect. This weight loss can range from 3-10 lbs. in most people.
One to two pounds of FAT lost per week is common ... And common sense comes into play, as the scale is not a good indicator of progress on this diet as you may become more efficient at storing muscle glycogen and adding some muscle while losing bodyfat. The scale may indicate no weight loss from week to week. This is why body composition measurements are used instead.

Last edited:
Sugar free drinks are fine in moderation, but I think many would be surprised to see that most contain maltodextrin so I would really limit the amounts that you take. I think it is better to ask yourself if something will help you than if it will hurt you. The probability of eating one cookie precontest causing a person to be in worse shape come show time is slim but there is no way in hell that it will help them look better. See what I'm saying?

When I start my keto diet, I end up losing over 10 pounds in the first week. Diuretic for sure.

QUESTION

DO YOU THINK THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT JUST DO BETTER ON A KETO THAN A CARB CYCLE.ON A KETO I GET BAD CRAMPS AND NO MATTER HOW HIGH MY SODIUM IS IT DOESN'T GET BETTER BUT ON A CYCLE CARB DIET I'AM FINE.ANY THOUGHS

DO YOU THINK THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT JUST DO BETTER ON A KETO THAN A CARB CYCLE.ON A KETO I GET BAD CRAMPS AND NO MATTER HOW HIGH MY SODIUM IS IT DOESN'T GET BETTER BUT ON A CYCLE CARB DIET I'AM FINE.ANY THOUGHS

I absolutely think that keto diets work better for some than others. There are 101 ways to get in shape, the only question is what way works best for you. If one diet worked for everyone in respect to losing BF and feeling great someone would have written a book long ago and we wouldn't spend so much time researching new ways and ideas.

You should ready everything you can on ketogenic dieting. Or you'll be posting questions in here every 2 seconds.
Go over to **broken link removed**. Lyle's a bit of an asshole, but IMO he's the king of keto and can answer any questions you have, along with his rude Getalong Gang in his forums that know quite a bit, as well.
Lyle is the King of keto diets for sure, even Dan Duchaine said so. If you are lazy and don't care to at least read a bit yourself first don't go over there. :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws