over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kevin Levrone 500lb Bench

I think he's trying to break the world record for his age, which is 525 raw. Should be easy for him.

Such a genetic anomaly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh he could break the record... But he will eventually end his career with these silly lifts.. He already had a quad tear.. A tricep tear.. A lat issue and a pec tear.. And that was while he was young... Now he's 53.. Just saying...

heavy singles

Raw record for his age group is 515 for 242s and 560 for the 275s. That's with a comp pause and commands. He certainly looks like he is capable and I wish he would just dedicate himself to doing that in a real powerlifting competition. He's not going to be what he was in his twenties as far as bodybuilding so why not go after something he can really do. No one can take from him that he is Kevin Levrone and his past success in bodybuilding. Now why not add to that by setting a mark in another sport.

Oh he could break the record... But he will eventually end his career with these silly lifts.. He already had a quad tear.. A tricep tear.. A lat issue and a pec tear.. And that was while he was young... Now he's 53.. Just saying...

That was my thought exactly. No need to be moving that type of weight around. He could do a Serge Nubret style of workout and blow up with the genetics he has.

His muscles needs pop which they don't really have anymore and I don't think the heavy singles and all the extremely heavy weight will change that.

I would like to see him hop on some insulin with Milos and start going giant sets. Make those muscle balloon up. Maybe it would work maybe it wouldn't but I don't see why trying different things would hurt him. He's already accomplished everything in terms of winning he's going to accomplish. He won't win anymore pro shows and I think Milos's workouts are wayy more intense and safer. Different stimulus and protocol could elicit a different looking physique.

That was my thought exactly. No need to be moving that type of weight around. He could do a Serge Nubret style of workout and blow up with the genetics he has.

He can continue to train heavy... But let's up the reps a bit lol.. Minimum 10 maybe.. He might actually grow more with the longer time under tension... Maybe lol..

**broken link removed**

Last thread was just about him competing again I think. I was just impressed by the lift and posted that's all.

I would pull a LS and tell you if you don't like it...then GTFO and don't read it. :D

But I'm a nice guy and I like you Allex.....so I will just say "crap...I forgot that we had already talked about him". :)

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the effort he is putting in and hope he remains injury free.

Maybe his goal is not about being Mr. Olympia...

Last thread was just about him competing again I think. I was just impressed by the lift and posted that's all.

I would pull a LS and tell you if you don't like it...then GTFO and don't read it. :D

But I'm a nice guy and I like you Allex.....so I will just say "crap...I forgot that we had already talked about him". :)

:D:D:D

It's all good, buddy.

Let's talk MMM!!!!

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the effort he is putting in and hope he remains injury free.

Maybe his goal is not about being Mr. Olympia...

Well that goal was never going to be reached.. I think kevin knew that.. But if his goal is to keep lifting and make money on his bodybuilding status it may be short lived if he keeps with the singles etc..

His muscles needs pop which they don't really have anymore and I don't think the heavy singles and all the extremely heavy weight will change that.

I would like to see him hop on some insulin with Milos and start going giant sets. Make those muscle balloon up. Maybe it would work maybe it wouldn't but I don't see why trying different things would hurt him. He's already accomplished everything in terms of winning he's going to accomplish. He won't win anymore pro shows and I think Milos's workouts are wayy more intense and safer. Different stimulus and protocol could elicit a different looking physique.

heavy singles and heavy 8 to 10s have NO DIFFERENCE to "muscle pop"....

and also....I disagree with "heavy sets" giving "muscle pop".....

total opposite actually...

:cool:

that thread you talking about is my ongoing KL thread. I will bump it up now especially for you two dirty sluts :)

**broken link removed**

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

heavy singles and heavy 8 to 10s have NO DIFFERENCE to "muscle pop"....

and also....I disagree with "heavy sets" giving "muscle pop".....

total opposite actually...

:cool:

I'm not understanding what you mean here. I'm not saying any routine will change the way his muscles look I think it may be an age factor or maybe he's just not taking very much gear right now or maybe it has to do with how lean he is. I'm not certain as to what gives a muscle more pop other than age?

What's your take?

I think he's trying to break the world record for his age, which is 525 raw. Should be easy for him.

Such a genetic anomaly.

I doubt he is doing that, but that would be interesting. Looks like he is training bodybuilding style anyhow. That rep he does on the video wouldn't even pass for a powerlifting contest, he comes nowhere near touching his chest. That's how I do my sets though, smart to help save the shoulders. From an article, describing a lift at a meet:

" However, before you begin actually lowering the bar, you must wait for the “Start!” command.

The “Start!” Position
Once you’ve received the command, lower the bar all the way down to your body. It may touch any part of the body so long as you avoid contact with the belt. If you do not touch your body, you’ve already failed the lift. When the bar is in contact with body, hold it there motionless and wait for the second command, “Press”!

The “Press!” Position
Once you’ve received the press command, drive the bar back up to lockout. Ensure that your elbows are fully extended. Now wait. Before you can return the bar to the rack, you must receive the third and final command — “Rack”!"

I doubt he is doing that, but that would be interesting. Looks like he is training bodybuilding style anyhow. That rep he does on the video wouldn't even pass for a powerlifting contest, he comes nowhere near touching his chest. That's how I do my sets though, smart to help save the shoulders. From an article, describing a lift at a meet:

" However, before you begin actually lowering the bar, you must wait for the “Start!” command.

The “Start!” Position
Once you’ve received the command, lower the bar all the way down to your body. It may touch any part of the body so long as you avoid contact with the belt. If you do not touch your body, you’ve already failed the lift. When the bar is in contact with body, hold it there motionless and wait for the second command, “Press”!

The “Press!” Position
Once you’ve received the press command, drive the bar back up to lockout. Ensure that your elbows are fully extended. Now wait. Before you can return the bar to the rack, you must receive the third and final command — “Rack”!"
He stated it on video that he's going to try to break it.

Who knows though...

He stated it on video that he's going to try to break it.

Who knows though...

oh, didn't catch that . i did not watch the whole thing either. If he is wanting to beat the record he is going to have to train different than that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCLncOQ_Y9E"]NutraSport Elite Cup (RAW Bench Press meet) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
That looks like a 500 pound incline bench. Not flat. He doubled 520 for touch and go in the gym.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6USwahqg5_A"]Kevin Levrone Bench Press 520 lbs - Road to Mr.Olympia 2018 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner