over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KIDNEY BLOODWORK QUESTION

3 days is a short rest time, try 5 or even 10 days.

It's also not the best idea to have a ton of protein the day before your test.
Not trying to be a dick here. Just curious.

If one is trying to get an accurate picture of your 'condition' why would
not try and replicate your everyday routine (supps, diet, workouts, etc.)
and then get tested that way you know what your body chemistry looks
like under normal circumstances instead of changing things, trying to make,
improve your numbers just so they look good. (Same goes for other blood
tests.)

Thoughts please? Thank you.

tests.)

I don't see that training, diet, and drugs are on the same level.

It is very difficult to cause damage to your organs due to excessive training, it is likely if you causes Rabdo, but that is not common in bodybuilding trainings.

Diets with tons of food and protein could be problematic, but this will be caused in the long run, just like the use of gear. And it doesn't make much sense to eat a lot of calories and protein if you don't are on gear, and if you use gear, then you are taking health risks in kidney, liver, heart, etc ...

He said had a lot of protein powder the night before to test, 90 grams, unless you are Coleman, this does not make sense.

Of course, you should keep your meals, sups, PEDs as realistic as possible to your usual use to get an accurate x-ray of your health condition, but ...

It has long been known that intense training causes adaptations and changes in readings such as transaminases, which can confuse the medical reading. That is why it is recommended not to train the days before an analysis, otherwise, you will not get the real image of your health, but a distorted image.

If you train hard and have tests done, your doctor will likely tell you to rest for a few days and repeat the test to avoid distortions from intense exertion.

If you google "urine dipstick test" there are quite a few studies and articles on the accuracy of them from predicting UTI's to their accuracy regarding protein in your urine etc.

The general thought is (and what I was taught in college) they absolutely have issues but are a good first line test that if something is off you would say "hmmm....maybe everything is fine, but let's check on that".

I would recommend everyone gets a basic urine dipstick (it's cheap and it is a good first line peak at what's happening), add microscopic examination, but also add urine microalbumin : creatinine ratio test if you want a good look at kidney function regarding urine in a one time test. It will detect tiny particles of protein a dipstick will not, it's highly accurate, and it uses a ratio so it takes into account hydration levels. It will add $50 to $100 to get that.

My two go to tests for kidneys are cystatin c and microalbumin:creatinine ratio spot urine test. If both of those are stable and normal you are likely in great shape re: kidney function.
Good info. I once had Chlamydia and protein in the urine came back high, and the doctor attributed it to that. However when I googled it said protein in the urine was always an indicator of an actual kidney problem so wasn't sure who was correct. I assume they just used a dipstick.

Does anyone have a link or more information about why a urine dipstick is not accurate? This is the first time I have read this.
It's not that they aren't accurate, it's the fact that MYOGLOBIN which is found inside muscle cells, and is released into the blood from muscle damage, shows up a "protein" in the urine on the dipstick, however, it is the job of the kidneys to process and excrete myoglobin so that is normal.

There is nothing wrong with dipstick testing.

i'll be sure to ask for a cystastin C test in addition to my normal tests next time i go in.

Found this interesting that this article mentions the use of
L-CARNITINE to treat kidney issues.

Life Extension article on CKD

Your values all look fine. Don’t worry about the trace blood/protein. It’s just myoglobin, a break down product. Your creatinine is great for a bodybuilder.

tests.)

This is a really good question, it's important to note that the markers used to measure kidney and liver function aren't things that are inherently hard on them, just markers. Creatinine, for example, doesn't have a negative impact on the kidneys, it's just a marker that clears the kidneys at a fairly set rate. AST and ALT aren't always from the liver, they are released from other sources, so if you want to find out how much is being produced by the liver, you have to take off from the gym.

I do suspect that it's possible to have enough myoglobin production to impact the kidneys negatively, but not enough to put one into full rhabdo, I actually theorize that this could be one of the major things causing bodybuilders long term kidneys problems, but it's just a theory.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131