over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

kidney damage -> toxins in blood stream

Kidney damage at the level where you have itchy skin, rashes, and fatigue usually happens near stage 4 CKD, or End stage renal failure

No antioxidant is fixing that or countering any effects of it. You have to realize the things you are calling toxins like potassium, and albumin serve functions in the body. It's only when they are critically elevated, and aren't excreted that they compromise other functions in the body (ex. hyperkalemia and cardiovascular issues).

The reason dialysis becomes the only viable solution after a certain point is because things like sudden cardiac death become a far greater risk in people.

You can try high dosing astragalus, but really work with a nephrologist and PCP on this issue as well if you have compromised kidney function.
I've been having generalized symptoms such as insomnia, generalized pruritus, headaches, high BP despite being on meds (Amodipine); sleep is hard so may be a factor, on the other hand I do cardio daily and monitor my diet, salt intake.

BP has been hovering at about 150-160/95-100 for months now, even on the amlodipine, and previously on the ramipril.

GFR is 71, am 30, I've asked my GP to see a nephrologist, I'm to run urine proteine tests too.

All those symptoms could appear to be kidney-related, but am not sure if the occurence of those can be correlated with GFR levels or not (aka, levels of uremic toxins in blood may not be directly correlated to GFR).

Something isn't adding up here and I don't mean any offense I think it's just a communication gap. All your creatinine levels look good...not just good...they are literally the same as my 90 year old grandma who is healthy as a horse. Of course, creatinine doesn't necessarily elevate until you lose a lot of kidney function but if you are a bodybuilder those are just very low numbers for quite a long period of time.

Do you have more information about proteinuria you experienced? What it just a standard dipstick test, was it an albumin/creatinine ratio urine test? That is a great test and will often show kidney issues YEARS before you have a major issue. Or was it just a one time, one off urine test that showed some protein?

I guess my question is if you have these kidney issues there is a massive amount of testing you can do to get an overall picture of your total health and it seems you don't really know that picture. Honestly I'd just get off everything and get your bloods completed and see what's what.
I don't know, there isn't a "massive" range of tests you can run to get a proper picture of kidney health, at least the tests being routinely done aren't advanced enough for pinpointing incipient kidney damage, that could be stop BEFORE it gets further into devolving into detectable signs of a major issue, such as proteinuria and/or sustainable eGFR decrease.

NAC is a great detox
I have been taking it for years. Haven't gotten blood work because these doctors don't call back and I'm in NY so can't order my own. I have itchy itchy feet and my hands just started. I attributed it the cold because it happens the most when I walk barefoot etc or sleep barefoot. I looked it up here a few months ago and it looked like people were saying it's from some weird reaction you get between the period of sweating and it sweating. My back is always itchy but thought it was the hair.

Anyway supposedly hemocrit can cause it. And now I'm getting bloods asap. But I take Nac everyday and still have the itch. Hope it's not my kidneys

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131