over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

kidney damage -> toxins in blood stream

Hi Flex500 and thanks for your message.

You're right I can't really classify my creatinine figures also. It never has been a big issue.

But my proteinuria is. If I follow a BB diet my urine is quite foamy most of the time and has been for more than a year for sure.
Foam depends on daytime and traning but only decreases if I put in a whole lot less protein for a longer time.
Though no color like orange, red or brown ...it's always normal or even lighter ...rarely even transparent which I guess means that my body doesn't manage to concentrate the urine any longer?

My blood work from april says serum albumin = 47 g/l which is in range but I guess more important is it's ratio to creatinine right?
albumin % (whatever that means) = 65 which is still in range (52,2 - 65,7)
Creatinine has been = 1,09 mg/dl which is in range
Creatinine-clearance hasn't been measured.

Does that help?

Regarding the proteinuria: I'd only touch those dipstick tests for acidity assessment.
We did bloods and two urine tests. Here are some figures:

June 2019Dec 2019 (blood only)April 2020
mg Albumin / g creatinine599,6 (range is below 30)-273,8 (after 1 week low prot./no gym and HRT)
eGFR-CKD-
89​
-
GFR-Cystatin C ml/min71-79
Cystatin C mg/l1,11-1,08 (range until 0,95)

Exercise induced proteinuria:

"Our study indicates that (a) albuminuria furnishes the greater contribution to the increase in exercise-induced proteinuria; (b) the exercise proteinuria is both glomerular and tubular in origin, and is reversible; (c) the enhanced protein requirement of athletes may in part be due to the recurrent excretion of proteins in the urine after physical effort."

This has been talked about on here a few times in the past. Foamy urine, especially post training or after a high protein meal doesn't necessarily indicate kidney strain. If you're also loading up on sodium, excess calcium excretion in the urine will also contribute towards foamy urine (courtesy of @Stewie)

As bodybuilders, we are constantly in a process of muscle protein breakdown from training, combine that with high protein intake, and it'll more than likely at certain times induce a higher excretion of protein than the average person.

Stop training for a week, and lower your protein intake, the foam more than likely will go away.

Astraglus help me tremendously on stopping the protein leakage....YMMV

Hi thethinker48, the foam in my urine did decrease after this week of HRT/low protein/no gym that's true. But it didn't go away and came back as strong as before when I increased protein intake again.
I'm also not sure if my training (I'm by far no Dorian Yates regarding intensity) is intense enough to result in this 600ish figure mentioned above (obviously measured during high protein intake).

Furthermore all those other "kidney symptoms" I do have ...shouldn't they be non-existent if it was - only - this training induced proteinuria?

@69cyclerider: I heard that before but can't agree. A. seems to help my GFR a tad (actually I'm afraid it became worse in the meantime but I don't realize due to good GFR figures due to Astralagus) but it doesn't decrease the foam in my urine noticeably.
Latter seems to strongly depend on training and more so protein intake. I'm not sure about the role of time and reversibility here...

Fluffy, it eliminated my protein spillage completely and no foam in my urine, affects people differently I guess.

Wow that would really also be a psychological relief for me in this times of anxiety. Good for you man, really.

How is your dosage and what albumin figures did you have/come from?

I am writing this right now, sitting in my hospital room ironically recovering from renal failure of my transplanted kidney. I can tell you from real world experience, do everything you can right now to prevent your kidneys from deteriorating any further. Once you get to a certain point there is no recovery and I cannot put into words how horrible the experience goes from there. Unfortunately, mine happened too suddenly that I didn't have a chance to stop the cascade(immune system related). You on the other hand have a chance to prevent further damage. See an experienced neprhologist and have them do a biopsy to see what the actual damage currently is and go from there. Also, keep your BP in check, it is essential.

IS there a thread on what happened to you? Im always very concerned about kidneys in this lifestyle

person I know closely just came up with the idea of me drawing blood and giving urine asap with "full BB lifestyle" AND after those 4 weeks HRT/low protein/no gym as well in order to have a comparison and classify the current status. What do you guys think?

IS there a thread on what happened to you? Im always very concerned about kidneys in this lifestyle

Hi, sorry, but there really is no thread that is long enough to explain everything that has happened and continues to happen to me. But the bottom line is that my immune system attacked my kidneys and destroyed them back at the end of 2016. What happened from there has been a continuum of everything that can possibly go wrong which I finally thought was going to be over after transplant February 2019. But unfortunately, I am still cursed with horrible luck and things continue to spiral out of control continuously. I just got home from the hospital after a simple UTI put me into complete renal failure and based on yesterdays biopsy, there is possibly permanent damage.

When my kidney(s) are healthy I feel fine and my body functions great. But when my kidney(s) are not healthy, the entire body seems to shut down. My advice to anybody reading this thread is just make sure you take care of your kidneys. Because life really sucks when they don't work properly. The feeling of weakness, lethargy, etc.. is a feeling you have never felt before in your entire life and can't imagine how bad it really is. Sorry, but having relived that this past 10 days and it being so fresh in mind again is traumatizing in itself.

Hi, sorry, but there really is no thread that is long enough to explain everything that has happened and continues to happen to me. But the bottom line is that my immune system attacked my kidneys and destroyed them back at the end of 2016. What happened from there has been a continuum of everything that can possibly go wrong which I finally thought was going to be over after transplant February 2019. But unfortunately, I am still cursed with horrible luck and things continue to spiral out of control continuously. I just got home from the hospital after a simple UTI put me into complete renal failure and based on yesterdays biopsy, there is possibly permanent damage.

When my kidney(s) are healthy I feel fine and my body functions great. But when my kidney(s) are not healthy, the entire body seems to shut down. My advice to anybody reading this thread is just make sure you take care of your kidneys. Because life really sucks when they don't work properly. The feeling of weakness, lethargy, etc.. is a feeling you have never felt before in your entire life and can't imagine how bad it really is. Sorry, but having relived that this past 10 days and it being so fresh in mind again is traumatizing in itself.

Sorry to hear about this bro

Glad to see you're doing better now...going keep you in my prayers

Hi thethinker48, the foam in my urine did decrease after this week of HRT/low protein/no gym that's true. But it didn't go away and came back as strong as before when I increased protein intake again.
I'm also not sure if my training (I'm by far no Dorian Yates regarding intensity) is intense enough to result in this 600ish figure mentioned above (obviously measured during high protein intake).

Furthermore all those other "kidney symptoms" I do have ...shouldn't they be non-existent if it was - only - this training induced proteinuria?

@69cyclerider: I heard that before but can't agree. A. seems to help my GFR a tad (actually I'm afraid it became worse in the meantime but I don't realize due to good GFR figures due to Astralagus) but it doesn't decrease the foam in my urine noticeably.
Latter seems to strongly depend on training and more so protein intake. I'm not sure about the role of time and reversibility here...

They would. Given your labs are ok, I posted that as something to consider.

I think it's time to for a proper nephrologist appointment, and detailed talk on what steps to take from here.

Sorry to hear about that, and I agree. Kidneys are the number one priority and blood pressure is what kills them. One reason why I don't aspire to be as big as possible any longer (that weight, high blood pressure) is almost inevitable.

They would. Given your labs are ok, I posted that as something to consider.

I think it's time to for a proper nephrologist appointment, and detailed talk on what steps to take from here.

Simple answer but this is it. Get full bloods done and have a thorough visit with your nephrologist. Also, when I say "full" I don't just mean your standard panel. I'd say this dude should talk to his nephrologist and there is a whole litany of tests he can have done to sort this all out.

I know your pain

My little brother lost both kidneys last year to same auto immune disorders at 27 yo

Never smoked , never done drugs , never done alcohol , never done aas

Now dialysis eod since a year and waiting for transplant

I will keep you on my prayers

It was very hard on me , it devastated me and im not weak im ex frogman

God bless you brother

muscle96ss, could you tell us a little bit more about your history leading up to the first transplant in the first place?

How did you come up with the idea of having a problem, symptoms, treatments and so on ....thank you very much in advance!

It was very hard on me , it devastated me and im not weak im ex frogman
CR8OB6K.png

muscle96ss, could you tell us a little bit more about your history leading up to the first transplant in the first place?

How did you come up with the idea of having a problem, symptoms, treatments and so on ....thank you very much in advance!

I just woke up one day and knew something was wrong because I felt so exhausted and was holding a ton of water in my LE. I know my body and could tell something was off. My initial thought was heart related. On my own, I had a full anti-aging panel drawn(forget whether Private MD of Life Extension). I got the results back and shit in my pants when I saw my kidney numbers. I got into a nephrologist asap who ran every test under the sun including a biopsy(actually 2 because they somehow fucked up the first one). Biopsy confirmed that while the immune system was no longer in my kidney, there was remnants showing that it had been there and the damage was permanent. He said that I wasn't at the level where I needed dialysis yet but that it was inevitable in the near future and he was going to start the paperwork to start the transplant process since all you need is a GFR below 20 to begin that.

I had always had protein in my urine when I was younger and had foamy urine; but nobody ever was able to find a reason why or anything wrong. And I got lab work done periodically, but unfortunately what happened was just too quick for me detect and do anything about in time.

The biopsy was unable to pinpoint exactly what caused the immune reaction and we will never know for sure. I have been through a number of theories, and the one that makes the most sense based on the biopsy report and the timing of the final decline is that it was triggered by a respiratory virus.

Ok so I'm bumping up this thread, I just got bloods results from tests, GFR is at 65 (28M) (was 84 back in 2017).

I'm fairly muscular, but I stopped all training, ceased creatine supplementation, and reduced my protein intake to 80g a day, all of that over two weeks prior to the test,

so I think results came back fairly low, knowing all the above.

Motives for having bloods, were the symptoms I'm currently experiencing:

General fatigue
Itchy skin all over
Back pain on both sides
Metallic taste in mouth.

Do you think those symptoms above might fit this GFR number?

I'm set to have bloods re-done in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Ok so I'm bumping up this thread, I just got bloods results from tests, GFR is at 65 (28M) (was 84 back in 2017).

I'm fairly muscular, but I stopped all training, ceased creatine supplementation, and reduced my protein intake to 80g a day, all of that over two weeks prior to the test,

so I think results came back fairly low, knowing all the above.

Motives for having bloods, were the symptoms I'm currently experiencing:

General fatigue
Itchy skin all over
Back pain on both sides
Metallic taste in mouth.

Do you think those symptoms above might fit this GFR number?

I'm set to have bloods re-done in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!
No, while an eGFR of 65 warrants further investigation of kidney function, it should not lead to any of the symptoms you describe. I would suggest to go to your GP to get diagnosed ASAP. In the meantime, you could post your complete blood work and give some details about you (medications you take, weight, height etc.)

No, while an eGFR of 65 warrants further investigation of kidney function, it should not lead to any of the symptoms you describe. I would suggest to go to your GP to get diagnosed ASAP. In the meantime, you could post your complete blood work and give some details about you (medications you take, weight, height etc.)
Thanks,

I posted my original comment here, because I've been reading next to all the threads on this forum, regarding the kidneys.

Thanks to your contributions, and others as well, this forum is a gold mine on this very topic; I'd been researching the subject for a while before;

Your thread on "Maintaining Kidney health while on AAS", was particularly useful in that regard.

I'll update my original comment with more info on my current stats and situation, and details from last blood test.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws