over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KIDNEY FAILURE !!!

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Ok here is the story,

As some of you might know...My dad has been in and out of the hospital for the past month...what was going on was he had a bad tooth that was pulled out on the left side of his jaw...The area got infected and he had to take anaboctics (sp?) Im not sure how much they were giving him, but it must have been alot...He was also taking 800mg Ibuprofen, on top of the anaboctics (sp?) along with Vicoden ...This was all done by doctors of the VA hospital in Iowa City, Iowa...Now his kidneys are running at 10%...Im not sure what test they are going to do...But, it is a very bad situation...I can't believe the VA hospital is suprised that his kidneys are failing...The VA always seems to try to cut corners and cost...They always seem to just give him pain pills and over medicate him...Im pretty upset at the VA hospital now...A few weeks ago (right after my 3 week out pics) I decided that going to the North Americans woundnt be in my best intrest...My reason behind it was that I wasnt going to place as high as I wanted to...I had alot on my mind at the time, with my dad being in and out of the hospital...Something told me to pull out of the show, and I guess this is the reason why...I just felt something was going to come up, and I wouldnt be able to pull it off...Strange how things work like that...There would be no way in hell I would go to Cleveland without my dad, at my side...He was the reason I got into lifting in the first place...It's very hard to deal with cause, I use to see my dad as this big strong guy with huge ass arms (he use to workout and had 18 inch arms) Now he is 65 and always very sick and not always there...He use to be able to figure things out, and could always answer any question I ever had...Things are different now, and its hard for me to deal with...He once told me that life isnt worth living if you dont have dreams...I always remembered that one line from him...To me, that is very true...I aways strive for that next dream of mine...I just hope he can pull this out, and see me compete at aleast one more time...

chris genkinger

Last edited:
Follow your heart. There will be other contests. There is 1 dad. I wish him health.

There is much more to life than bbing and competition. Making your dreams come true is about enhancing the quality of your life and those who are in your life.

Very sorry to hear about your fathers health problems.
I have seen too many times the VA taking shortcuts, etc with little regard for the actual patients.

Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your father.

Sal

Very sorry to hear about your fathers health problems.
I have seen too many times the VA taking shortcuts, etc with little regard for the actual patients.

Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your father.

Sal

Im actully pretty pissed off at the VA hospital right now...I know for a fact that they have my father on all kinds of meds...They just seem to give him pills and not treat him...Makes no sense at all

chris

Follow your heart. There will be other contests. There is 1 dad. I wish him health.

There is much more to life than bbing and competition. Making your dreams come true is about enhancing the quality of your life and those who are in your life.

Phoenix,

I understand what your saying...Thank you ...I just hope he will be ok, and be able to seem me in the gym again, and compete...He has always been there for me, and knows everything about the sport and what goes on...He loves to just come down to the gym and check me out, when im getting ready for shows, and loves just being around when im competing...helping me, tanning me up...I can always hear him at the shows...There is nothing better than to get a big hug by him after a show....

chris

yo bro split your stress with god that is what hes here for!!!!!!!

get your dad on some growth!!! do him a favor and heal them organs up! get full body catscan first

it is sad how quick they are to medicate...the antibiotics were needed after the tooth was pulled to avoid infection. A lot of bacteria is in the mouth.

As far as the IB and the Vicoden, I would try to avoid those as much as possible. With my situation, the doc told me to avoid all the OTC stuff like IB, asprin, and even tylenol...the product tears up your stomach and adds stress to the kidneys, and done over a long period of time can even shrink the kidneys. everything in moderation.

Soooo sorry for your father, my father too visits the VA, and they just love to medicate and cover the problem.

load up on cranberry extract for now, when i used to take to omany orals i would wake up and it would feel like i got booted in the lower back from my kidney strains

it helps

sometimes liver cleaninsing can correlate a parallel problem too

go holistic bro.....fuck meds

I am sorry to hear that. Someone needs to do something about the incompetency of doctors and hospitals.. For the amount of money they are making this is terrible. No one takes the time to actually care about the patient and listen and follow through

I have always had poor luck in trying to find decent doctors in the past. It seems rare that one can speak with me on a level of understanding what I do, and I'm a high school dropout! I just happened to study everything I could lay my hands on related to anything medical due to bodybuilding over the years.

How about this for a story- My girl got a bad sunburn when she was 13. She was given corticosteroids and tetracycline. This caused a runaway reaction causing her to develop a huge buildup of cerebral spinal fluid. She ended up needing over 200 spinal taps to drain the fluid at twice a day.

Eventually the condition (Intracranial Hypertension) was brought under control with a diuretic type medication that acted specifically on spinal fluid. Well, about a year ago, it started running out of control. Her meds were upped and upped, which eventually caused kidney stones, requiring surgery. She started to lose her vision due to compression on the brain. She lost her balance and kept falling. I ended up carrying her out of her work one day since she could not stand. While this medication was upped, it caused her increasing nausea, causing her to vomit all the time.

Eventually, after MUCH research, her mother found a neurosurgeon who would implant a computerized shunt in her brain to drain the fluid into her abdomen. She was VERY unhappy with getting her head shaved, but it saved her life. Well, due to the constant vomitting from the upped meds, her stomach had actually torn. Food was being dumped into her abdomen from her stomach instead of down the intestines! This required MORE surgery!

This is actually only the tip of this story. She had 4 surgeries last year and 2 more this year because of this. At one point, due to the meds, her kidneys shut down and her urine turned black! She then developed headaches and was put on more meds. This in turn caused MORE problems! She has been put on more antibiotics for and from the surgeries and constant urinary tract infections. This has now resulted in a persitant, resistant bladder infection! Oh, did I mention she's only 36?

It still has not ended, but all exploded from one interaction with a doctor, then more and more adding more meds and more problems. Her metabolism is screwed up and she put on about 30 pounds. Although she eats probably the equivalent of a half a sandwich a day (she cannot even force any more than this down), she cannot lose any of this weight, despite hitting our treadmill every morning for an hour.

This is one of the primary reasons my own health is so important. The more I can avoid any doctors, except perhaps a blood test to evaluate what's going on now and then, the better!

Last edited:
All the best for ur dad Chris hope all works out and he pulls through ok :)

Ok here is the story,

As some of you might know...My dad has been in and out of the hospital for the past month...what was going on was he had a bad tooth that was pulled out on the left side of his jaw...The area got infected and he had to take anaboctics (sp?) Im not sure how much they were giving him, but it must have been alot...He was also taking 800mg Ibuprofen, on top of the anaboctics (sp?) along with Vicoden ...This was all done by doctors of the VA hospital in Iowa City, Iowa...Now his kidneys are running at 10%...Im not sure what test they are going to do...But, it is a very bad situation...I can't believe the VA hospital is suprised that his kidneys are failing...The VA always seems to try to cut corners and cost...They always seem to just give him pain pills and over medicate him...Im pretty upset at the VA hospital now...A few weeks ago (right after my 3 week out pics) I decided that going to the North Americans woundnt be in my best intrest...My reason behind it was that I wasnt going to place as high as I wanted to...I had alot on my mind at the time, with my dad being in and out of the hospital...Something told me to pull out of the show, and I guess this is the reason why...I just felt something was going to come up, and I wouldnt be able to pull it off...Strange how things work like that...There would be no way in hell I would go to Cleveland without my dad, at my side...He was the reason I got into lifting in the first place...It's very hard to deal with cause, I use to see my dad as this big strong guy with huge ass arms (he use to workout and had 18 inch arms) Now he is 65 and always very sick and not always there...He use to be able to figure things out, and could always answer any question I ever had...Things are different now, and its hard for me to deal with...He once told me that life isnt worth living if you dont have dreams...I always remembered that one line from him...To me, that is very true...I aways strive for that next dream of mine...I just hope he can pull this out, and see me compete at aleast one more time...

chris genkinger

I can help you father, call me, (no charge.)

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family , and your father ........get a hold of emeric bro ......he is a wise man.....much love

Good news guys....The treatment they did for him is working and the kidneys are starting to function correctly...He is sounding better, and was in a pretty good mood today...They said if all goes well, he would be out in a few days...

thanks guys for all the support

chris

Good news guys....The treatment they did for him is working and the kidneys are starting to function correctly...He is sounding better, and was in a pretty good mood today...They said if all goes well, he would be out in a few days...

thanks guys for all the support

chris

Thats great Chris. I wish your father a speedy recovery.

I will keep you and your father in my thoughts.

Chris, take care of your father. there will be other shows. I lost mine back in 1993, Family comes first, then everything else. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad to hear your father is doing O.K. I'm not suprized to hear that the VA hosp. is not that good, this country has been forgetting Vets for ever. J.R.

Hey Chris, Thomas Acosta here. I dont know if you remember me, but I met you and your dad in Anaheim way back in 1995 or so. It was pretty clear to me and everyone else we were hanging with that you guys were pretty close. I remember your dad being a cool guy who was able to fit right in with the rest of us meatheads that day (lol). I wished that my dad was as supportive of me and my bodybuilding efforts as your dad obviously was (and is). Im glad to hear that he is doing better and also to know that you arent proving the bodybuilder stereotype and are putting him first, as he has done for you all these years. Youre a good man, Chris.

His doing better is great new's.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity