advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney/Heart Damage: There is hope!!! A recovery story...

OP in your words what do you think got you to this terribly messy state ? I saw you mentioned using 1-3 gms of gear. Were u using any other stuff too ? I am sorry for the great troubles you had to go through and you being very courageous sharing your story. Its fantastic to hear you have made decent improvements in your health. Keep at it. All the best to you. Best wishes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I will get to all of this... promise. Give me some time. I'm multi tasking!!! Lol

I will get to all of this... promise. Give me some time. I'm multi tasking!!! Lol
ya sure mate. no worries. take your time, there is no rush. You look after yourself.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

First of all I'm glad you made it through! Hopefully things keep trending in the right direction!! What were you doing, if anything, to be proactive with your health before all of this came to a head? Blood work, blood donation, seeing a cardiologist, etc?

Not enough apparently! I had bloodwork done every 6 months. No cardiologist... I still hate seen my cardiologist. She is a ill informed bitch... occasional blood donations but not enough. Lots of health supplements for heart health and inflammation... but just to many mistakes and ignoring red flags. Even after I realized how bad it was the medical community blew me off... it was beyond frustrating.

I was obviously sick for over a year prior to the hospitalization. My feet, eyes, throat would be as pictured above regularly throughout the previous year. I visited the ER twice and urgent care twice during that time period. My blood work and EKG's came back fine every time I went to see a doctor and told them about my symptoms. My blood pressure was 120-130/70-80 pre Prednisone treatment so that was not an issue. I was 34 at the time. I was sent home three times with no answers. No major red flags at all. I was prescribed anti histamine, albuteral inhaler, antacids, cortisteroids, antibiotics and so on. The doctors completely disregarded my pleas for help and blew of my concerns.

They finally took me serious when I took pictures of the blood i was coughing up in the morning and by this time my kidneys were failing also so I was peeing what looked to be largely blood. That shit finally got their attention. The only markers were high white blood cell count and in the end my blood work showed markers for heart stress and cardiovascular inflammation. Still I was not diognosed with heart failure until a week later after I had a ultrasound on the heart. I was told that only 30-35% of the blood going into my heart was being pumped out of it. According to my doctor a male my age and activity level should be at 60-75% so it was not looking good. My left ventricle valve was stiff, misshapen, and not closing all the way. I can't remember all the exact diagnoses but it was fucked up. My heart is also very large and that was also a cause for concern.

Well, the guys on 1 to 2 g will not pay attention to this tread.

Firstly, great thread and I really enjoy Phattony's posts. Thanks for posting your journey and I am pleased to see you are getting better. Hopefully you can totally reverse things over the long run until you are considered in relatively good health by your doctors. The changes you have made are great so just carry on with what you are doing. How much are you weighing now?

Emeric, like many on here I value health. Many don't need to use 1-2g but come on Phattony's situation was a little different than most. He will be the first to admit that as I have seen him post similar things in the past. By different he wrote it himself... out of shape 345lbs. No one on this planet should be 345 pounds out of shape even if they have never took an aspirin nevermind aas. No one is healthy at that weight and condition and it's only asking for trouble. How many people live till they are 55 who have been that sort of weight all their lives... barely any. Although it's obvious Phattony really suffered and some of those pics are horrible to see.

I am not stating aas didn't add hugely to his problems but let's use some common sense here. I know loads of guys who are on 1g steroids (for blasts)and whilst we can never tell the future they are in pretty good health.

Sorry I don't want to derail this thread Phattony but I wanted to comment. Please continue sharing your findings/thoughts as I would like to see them.

Now these were from April of 2016 as I continued to improve and impressing my doctors.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1815.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 273
Firstly, great thread and I really enjoy Phattony's posts. Thanks for posting your journey and I am pleased to see you are getting better. Hopefully you can totally reverse things over the long run until you are considered in relatively good health by your doctors. The changes you have made are great so just carry on with what you are doing. How much are you weighing now?

Emeric, like many on here I value health. Many don't need to use 1-2g but come on Phattony's situation was a little different than most. He will be the first to admit that as I have seen him post similar things in the past. By different he wrote it himself... out of shape 345lbs. No one on this planet should be 345 pounds out of shape even if they have never took an aspirin nevermind aas. No one is healthy at that weight and condition and it's only asking for trouble. How many people live till they are 55 who have been that sort of weight all their lives... barely any. Although it's obvious Phattony really suffered and some of those pics are horrible to see.

I am not stating aas didn't add hugely to his problems but let's use some common sense here. I know loads of guys who are on 1g steroids (for blasts)and whilst we can never tell the future they are in pretty good health.

Sorry I don't want to derail this thread Phattony but I wanted to comment. Please continue sharing your findings/thoughts as I would like to see them.

Mind you I was about 12-15% body fat at 310 pounds at one point... I wasn't ripped but you could make out my abs up to about 320lbs... I was sick for over a year so training was nearly impossible at times and I am naturally a overweight guy. So when I say 345 out of shape I mean something like this... this was about 2 months before I got really sick. approximately 355lbs holding about 20 pounds of water that I couldn't seem to get off... now I know it was because of my kidneys and heart functioning far below normal.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 278
This is me at 320lbs... I got down to 300lbs for a while. Then began having health issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1825.JPG
    IMG_1825.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 280
This was about 340lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 273
This was about 340lbs.

You look good at that weight but again 340 pounds. Plus it's not all fat so your heart is working over time. You know all of this though. I don't want to turn this thread into the others. We all know aas in high amounts are bad for us. We all know being 340 pounds of ripped muscle or just plain old fat is bad for us too. Anyway I will leave this thread and just follow it as it's a good story many can learn from. It's a great thread and doesn't need to turn into all the other drugs are bad for you threads we get on here every week now.

This should be a positive thread about you changing your health and telling others how you done that and hopefully others chiming in with tips for you and everyone. I assume you are off everything or are you on trt from your doctor? Are you dieting down to get the weight off? Goodluck with the rest of your journey.

First off, thank you for sharing. I am so glad that you're on the mend and God has given you a second chance. It's sad to hear how many times you were in the hospital before they took you seriously. This seems to be a recurring theme (I've experienced similar myself). Docs need to listen to us more. It's like they become desensitized over the years and just start to brush people off.

I wish you the best as you continue to recover!

At times upwards of 3-4g actually.

Thank you for the honesty and I am glad you are okay. As a dyalysis nurse I am seeing more and more bodybuilders ending up in our clinics. You could of easily ended up there yourself. Very glad you are getting a second chance and hopefully the get big or die trying crowd will listen to you. To look at your pictures and see what can happen to them.

We will be seeing an epidemic of people in your shoes in the future. Again, so glad you are doing well. Now is the time to get the priorities in order and living a healthy life is definitely number one.

Last edited:
You look good at that weight but again 340 pounds. Plus it's not all fat so your heart is working over time. You know all of this though. I don't want to turn this thread into the others. We all know aas in high amounts are bad for us. We all know being 340 pounds of ripped muscle or just plain old fat is bad for us too. Anyway I will leave this thread and just follow it as it's a good story many can learn from. It's a great thread and doesn't need to turn into all the other drugs are bad for you threads we get on here every week now.

This should be a positive thread about you changing your health and telling others how you done that and hopefully others chiming in with tips for you and everyone. I assume you are off everything or are you on trt from your doctor? Are you dieting down to get the weight off? Goodluck with the rest of your journey.

No you are correct... I just wanted to point out that I was not a average 300+lbs individual. I am not going to demonized gear trust me on that. I made plenty of mistakes and had a few individual risk factors that compounded the situation. I will get to all that at some point.

You are welcome to comment on my thread any time bro. No offense taken.

I am off everything hormonal right now. I'm experimenting with Mk677 and a few other things right now. I just started training again recently and am trying to reclaim some semblance of fitness. I had to cut gluten from my diet since it is the number one dietary cause of the auto immune disease I have... The diet modifications have been a struggle and my weight really ballooned from the major hormonal fluctuations throughout the Prednisone treatment and then recovering from the adrenal shut down. Also I need double knee surgery at the moment for torn meniscus... I am doing 45min cardio 5 days a week and light lifting. Pool work and physical therapy 2 days a week. Weight is currrntly over 400lbs. That's one thing that makes my recovery so improbable. My weight and blood pressure are both still way out of range and I haven't bee able exercise. Despite that I have recovered far beyond what my doctors expected.

These are my most recent tests... Notice the another significant improvement in my numbers. All this despite weighing 400lbs and having blood pressure that is around 150/100...

Attachments

• IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 250
Now I absolutely do not want this to be a doom n gloom thread... just a realistic one. I want people to take heed. I want guys to be smart. I want my brothers to avoid similar medical issues. But most of all I want them to know that there is a path back to some measure of normalcy if you recognize your issues and then take decisive steps to treat them.

The medical community say kidneys don't heal... They say once you have congestive heart failure you alwYs will... I am living proof that these are both exaggerations and I intend to do my damnedest to prove them(the medical community) straight up wrong... or I will die trying. I will chase this with the same focused passion as I did my dream of being 320lbs contest shape. I will spend every extra dime I have on this... I will shun relationships and prioritize time toward my goals. And if it doesn't work I will keep trying. It's the only way I know.., and frankly it's the way I prefer to live. Tunnel vision, a goal, and hard work. Positive outlook and beat the odds mentality. I like being up against the wall. Cus I wanna prove em wrong.., and I believe I will.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws