over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney problems

My heart goes out to you guys with on dialysis. My friend was on it for a few years before he got a kidney and it was no picnic. I hope you guys get well soon. Your health is paramount, needless to say.

If ur asking about post-transplant protein allowances in the long term, the number is 0.84g/kg ideal body weight to maintain graft health and minimize rejection. In the short term, it will be less but your transplant team will outline all of that very clearly.

If ur asking about ur protein allowances before transplant, that all depends on ur current level of kidney function. You should see a nutritionist after you get all your kidney labs back to figure out how to best address your goals. This is especially important because you may have other electrolyte restrictions to manage in your diet as well. Your goal above everything else should be to live on your own kidneys as long as possible.

For the guy asking what caused it, iga nephropathy is an autoimmune disorder. The classical presentation for something like this is intermittent blood in the urine a couple days after the onset of an upper respiratory infection, though any infection that triggers production of iga antibodies can do it. When those antibodies bind to their Target and the conplexses aren't cleared fast enough, they deposit in the kidney and cause damage.

Sorry to hear about your situation and I wish you the best. I have been diagnosed with Stage 3 CKD with a GFR of 41. My nephrologist sucks and all he says is "limit protein, sodium and keep an eye on your blood pressure." I'm not sure if it's because he's not that concerned at this point or what. To me, 41 does not sound very good. I competed back in the 80s and would really like to compete again in the Master's division, but I'm a little skeptical. Right now I weigh 220 and take in around 170 grams of protein per day. I was using about 5 grams of Creatine a day, but cut that out due to the fear of it causing additional damage to my kidneys. I have thought about using AAS again but not sure at this point.

I have been diagnosed with iga nephropathy which is a rare kidney disease. I will have a transplant before it is all over with. I was an amateur bodybuilder. I can't take too much protein in a day but going back at the gym maybe to retain some of my size back. Does anyone have any tips or experiences with kidney problems?

I hope you'll have a speedy recovery. Im not a Doctor but Im sure BB lifestyle is not the best. I suggest speaking with your doctor about how much protein you can take in safely and also discuss what hormones if any are allowed. Maybe TRT or low test will work and help you out with getting more out of smaller amount of protein you are allowed to take. You may also want to look at a SARM like Ostarine which may help with protein synthesis and nitrogen retention.
Worse case scenario just be healthy and cut vs bigger!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear