over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney Supplements?

That's because most doctors know nothing about supplements and think they are all dangerous. On my initial visit to Mayo Clinic back in early 2017 to get on the kidney transplant list; the doctor told me, "I don't know anything about supplements, but they aren't regulated by the FDA so I think they are all dangerous". And she proceeded to tell me I had to quit taking every supplement I was taking. Every single doctor I encountered in the entire transplant department echoed the same sentiment.

Unfortunately, our medical system is geared towards the pharmaceutical industry and view the supplement industry as all villians.

I guess you only decided to read only the part you wanted to so you could throw in your 2 cents about how you dont agree with the medical community. In my last sentence you completely disregarded where I stated no medicine along with herbs.

Your physician as I see it was very honest with you. There are some herbs out there that are nephrotoxic and probably many we are not aware of. So there advice to you imo was sound. Just leave them all alone and not risk it. It wasn't about this big pharma agenda your portraying.

People have to understand that in case of CKD, inflammation or stuff alike a lot of herb based supplements do more harm than good.

Just google supplements and CKD or terms like that and you'll find that - for example - too much of the following will do more damage:

minerals, vit d3, Vit C, Creatine, Chromium, garlic extract, red yeast/rice, several B vitamins, evening primrose oil and even folic acid.

By the way don't wanna start the shitstorm but Astragalus is also on this list.

People have to understand that in case of CKD, inflammation or stuff alike a lot of herb based supplements do more harm than good.

Just google supplements and CKD or terms like that and you'll find that - for example - too much of the following will do more damage:

minerals, vit d3, Vit C, Creatine, Chromium, garlic extract, red yeast/rice, several B vitamins, evening primrose oil and even folic acid.

By the way don't wanna start the shitstorm but Astragalus is also on this list.
Where can I find this list?

Here is the absolutely retarded reason why astragalus is on the list:

The site identifies 17 other supplements patients should avoid if they have CKD, are on dialysis, or have a transplant. Some of the supplements include astragalus, barberry, cat’s claw, creatine, horsetail, goldenrod, huperzine A, licorice root, stinging nettle, pennyroyal, and yohimbe. Although evidence may be limited or contradictory, these products could have a range of adverse effects.

As an example, astragalus, an immune stimulant, might be associated with worsening lupus or potentially decrease the efficacy of drugs used following a kidney transplant.
**broken link removed**

So because it MIGHT be associated with worsening of autoimmune disease (they don't even have a correlation to show for, not to mention causal evidence) or because in case of kidney transplants, it COULD POTENTIALLY interfere with immunosuppressants, they advise against the use "for patients with any stage of kidney disease", i.e. even for those where there's no underlying autoimmune disease. Absolutely moronic. Not only is there no evidence whatsoever that astragalus has negative effects in those with kidney disease, there are many small scale studies that show the absence of side effects, positive effects on kidney function, and delayed disease progression.

I guess you only decided to read only the part you wanted to so you could throw in your 2 cents about how you dont agree with the medical community. In my last sentence you completely disregarded where I stated no medicine along with herbs.

Your physician as I see it was very honest with you. There are some herbs out there that are nephrotoxic and probably many we are not aware of. So there advice to you imo was sound. Just leave them all alone and not risk it. It wasn't about this big pharma agenda your portraying.

Your point was that in hospitals they don't use supplements/herbs to treat this issue; which I implied to mean that if they were effective they would be used. My point is that most MD's have little to no training in supplements and come from a school of thought where drugs are FDA approved and therefore safe and supplements are not FDA approved and therefore not safe. So, what I am saying is that while they do not use supplements for treatment in the hospital, its not because they are a "waste of money" as you stated; but due to other reasons.

Whats funny is alot of you (not all but most) have never dealt with a group of people with severe kidney problems (or low ejection fractions) who followed all the doctors orders to the tee and were going down a spiral toward kidney failure ANYWAYS. Usually these guys come to me as their last resort. And I do my very best to help them.....I wish i could post the number of "Thank you so much, when i told the doctor about this and that he had no idea what it was but he said i was going to go into kidney failure.....I did it anyway and that 1.85 creatinine is now 1.17 and the 28 GFR is now 68"......I could post and repeat that story with different numbers probably 75 times now. ....but here is the problem....do you know why you dont hear about them publicly? Because guys are embarrassed that they put themselves in that situation. And they want to tell one guy, not 1000's that embarrassing story of abuse. ......freaking hilarious to me that guys use all these drugs in gross amounts which screw up their health but then put out the notion "watch out for those herbs....they are deadly!"....when is the last time you heard a guy say "those darn supplements...im in heart failure because of them"....comical.

for you guys who live and die by modern day medicine that is as commonplace as aspirin nowadays take a look at some of what Stewie has presented lately on facebook concerning ACE inhibitors and other BP meds via the Covid 19 virus

Does stewie have a public page?

Whats funny is alot of you (not all but most) have never dealt with a group of people with severe kidney problems (or low ejection fractions) who followed all the doctors orders to the tee and were going down a spiral toward kidney failure ANYWAYS. Usually these guys come to me as their last resort. And I do my very best to help them.....I wish i could post the number of "Thank you so much, when i told the doctor about this and that he had no idea what it was but he said i was going to go into kidney failure.....I did it anyway and that 1.85 creatinine is now 1.17 and the 28 GFR is now 68"......I could post and repeat that story with different numbers probably 75 times now. ....but here is the problem....do you know why you dont hear about them publicly? Because guys are embarrassed that they put themselves in that situation. And they want to tell one guy, not 1000's that embarrassing story of abuse. ......freaking hilarious to me that guys use all these drugs in gross amounts which screw up their health but then put out the notion "watch out for those herbs....they are deadly!"....when is the last time you heard a guy say "those darn supplements...im in heart failure because of them"....comical.

for you guys who live and die by modern day medicine that is as commonplace as aspirin nowadays take a look at some of what Stewie has presented lately on facebook concerning ACE inhibitors and other BP meds via the Covid 19 virus

Ive never talked about it in this forum because its kind of a controversial compound, (i think i have on G'up forum on facebook) but there is alot of information regarding cordyceps sinensis and cordyceps milataris and substantial lowering of creatinine and rapid improvement of healthy kidney markers.

Does stewie have a public page?

I'm interested in the covid-19 too. Let me know if his page is public.

In passing I saw something about ARBs being good somehow in relation to Covid, but then the doc said the idea was a dud after more research.

Ive never talked about it in this forum because its kind of a controversial compound, (i think i have on G'up forum on facebook) but there is alot of information regarding cordyceps sinensis and cordyceps milataris and substantial lowering of creatinine and rapid improvement of healthy kidney markers.

^^^pricey stuff

..what are your thoughts on sodium bicarb to help kidneys?

appreciate your contributions/insight

Is 3g a day the recommendation for this? I think I had seen that number from Dante but I can't remember where.

Sorry, this is definitely a more basic answer than most of the above but if you're looking for a ready-made kidney support supplement there's one by a company called Revive MD. The product is a little pricey, but Chris Bumstead has a discount code with them (CBUM) that helps a bit.

..what are your thoughts on sodium bicarb to help kidneys?

appreciate your contributions/insight

You can get into danger of developing acidosis via kidney problems. If that's the case bicarbonate might be a good idea right?

I started using Toniiq brand for a few of my supps, including Astragalus

Haven't done blood work but the packaging is very sleek, and the marketing focuses on quality: they say they test every batch, that their number one focus is purity and concentration, etc.

Would be interested to see some lab tests on it. They have like six thousand five star ratings on amazon for each of their products.

They have that Cordyceps Sinensis too

Here is a screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-173019.png
    Screenshot_20210414-173019.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 11

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads