over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney support

Obscured78

Registered
Newbies
I know tudca and nac are good for liver support. What about kidney support? What works well for protecting kidneys if taking an oral?

Would astragalus extract work in order to get the 5,000mg? I found some that are 500mg of 20:1 extract so it’s equivalent of 10,000mg.

5000mg? Is there an extra zero here? If not, a bottle would last 10 days.

Astragalus, Vitamin Shoppe brand. 5,000mg+ daily split dosage. Miracle worker. Many posts on this board, Dante is a big fan.

I know VS is proven.

Has anyone ever tried organic astragalus powder though?

Only reason I ask is I already have to stomach a couple of green shakes a day just because of the diet I’m on and I’d love to be able to just dump
5 g in each serving.

On reddit some people are going as high as 10g a day with some saying more. Not a typo.

Obscured78 try the search function on this one! This subject has been discussed at length!! Maybe some of the members here have a link(s) handy.

That's awesome man! My GFR has been trending downward for years. I have been taking Astragalus but my dosage is too low.

I just picked up 3 bottles of the 300 count. I'll do it what you are doing as it can only help. What kind of improvements to your GFR have you seen and at what dosages? Should I just start with the 7500mg?

I fucked up my last bloodwork and went in first thing in the morning dehydrated so I blew up my lab work. I'm retesting either Friday of this week or next Wednesday but I should probably ask you, how long you were on these doses before you saw improvement?

300 caps/bottle. I’m at 5000 to 7500mg per day, bloodwork show amazing improvement in GFR

Forgive me in advance if this has been asked before.

Is there any reason to think that the MOA of astragalus merely removes Creatinine from the blood; thereby having a direct impact on eGFR levels, since these are inversely proportionate .....vs actually improving kidney health?

Thanks!

Obscured78 try the search function on this one! This subject has been discussed at length!! Maybe some of the members here have a link(s) handy.
Yes, sir, did a search and found some good stuff. One question I need answered is if taking one 500mg pill of extract which is equivalent to 5g is the same as taking ten 500mg pills of regular strength astragalus which equals 5g?

Reactions: Bio
I've seen this mentioned in other forums as well. This would be great to know. The only thing I have found is mentions of eGFR improving in significant a way but also mentions of guys who have their eGFR improve drastically while also mentioning spilling more protein.

I have seen this mentioned anecdotally. I am not stating facts or claiming this is the case for everyone.

Is there any reason to think that the MOA of astragalus merely removes Creatinine from the blood; thereby having a direct impact on eGFR levels, since these are inversely proportionate .....vs actually improving kidney health?

Thanks!

Thanks!

It's a great question and one I posed originally. I believe there are studies and what we are seeing in "real life" is it is lowering or eliminating protein in the urine AND lowering cystatin c. Pair it with pycnogenol and there are some truly amazing results with tests results outside of creatinine.

That's awesome man! My GFR has been trending downward for years. I have been taking Astragalus but my dosage is too low.

I just picked up 3 bottles of the 300 count. I'll do it what you are doing as it can only help. What kind of improvements to your GFR have you seen and at what dosages? Should I just start with the 7500mg?

I fucked up my last bloodwork and went in first thing in the morning dehydrated so I blew up my lab work. I'm retesting either Friday of this week or next Wednesday but I should probably ask you, how long you were on these doses before you saw improvement?
From 60 to over 100. Only takes a couple months. Be consistent

300 caps/bottle. I’m at 5000 to 7500mg per day, bloodwork show amazing improvement in GFR
No flaming but I am a little lost about the 5000mg as well. So that's 10 capsules each day? If the VS is 500 mg and your taking 5000 to 7500mg?

No flaming but I am a little lost about the 5000mg as well. So that's 10 capsules each day? If the VS is 500 mg and your taking 5000 to 7500mg?
I was thinking the same thing. I’ve been taking it several years, but not anywhere close to those amounts. I usually take 1000mg/day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131