over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney support

Do the results continue once you cease usage or do you need to keep a maintenance dose at a certain amount?

From 60 to over 100. Only takes a couple months. Be consistent

It is indeed 10 capsules each day (or more). That's where the results you hear about start. I am taking 1000mg a day myself thinking it was plenty but no. Time to increase the dosage.

No flaming but I am a little lost about the 5000mg as well. So that's 10 capsules each day? If the VS is 500 mg and your taking 5000 to 7500mg?

I am confused as to why 10 capsules is such a big issue. Start with 4 and 4 daily and evaluate - as I believe 4g is the starting line for being super effective. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel with ratios and proportions of said extracts. Use the brand that works over and over again and is recommended repeatedly and backed by blood work. No one here (that I know of) works for Vitamin Shoppe or is trying to promote it. They just happen to have the best and most consistent product that continuously provides real results. Wait for a BOGO or some promotion and stock up..I think I bought (10) 300 cap bottles a couple years ago.

I am confused as to why 10 capsules is such a big issue. Start with 4 and 4 daily and evaluate - as I believe 4g is the starting line for being super effective. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel with ratios and proportions of said extracts. Use the brand that works over and over again and is recommended repeatedly and backed by blood work. No one here (that I know of) works for Vitamin Shoppe or is trying to promote it. They just happen to have the best and most consistent product that continuously provides real results. Wait for a BOGO or some promotion and stock up..I think I bought (10) 300 cap bottles a couple years ago.

Since you are confused, I’ll explain. It’s not that 10 capsules is such a big issue in itself. For me however, I’m already taking 20-25 different pills of various supplements and other preventatives.....twice a day for a total of over 50. So yeah, adding in another 10 on top of that can seem significant, to some.

10-15 capsules a day, Vitamin Shoppe brand 500mg capsules. Split them with 2-3 meals. It’s an easy decision and it’s been proven over and over again by a lot of guys with blood work. I heard it first from Dante and it’s 100% true. Some things need to be mega dosed in order to see results, this is one of those cases while still remaining safe.

The lowest I go is 5,000mg but shoot for 7,500mg daily. I’m sure guys do well on 3,000mg too but get blood work to be sure

10-15 capsules a day, Vitamin Shoppe brand 500mg capsules. Split them with 2-3 meals. It’s an easy decision and it’s been proven over and over again by a lot of guys with blood work. I heard it first from Dante and it’s 100% true. Some things need to be mega dosed in order to see results, this is one of those cases while still remaining safe.

The lowest I go is 5,000mg but shoot for 7,500mg daily. I’m sure guys do well on 3,000mg too but get blood work to be sure
How long should this protocol be ran before pulling bloods again?

Once you achieve the desired result, is a maintenance dose necessary or does gfr fall back over time?

Once you achieve the desired result, is a maintenance dose necessary or does gfr fall back over time?

That's a good question. If I'm not mistaken, I'm almost positive someone on the board (might have been mike036) said that the gfr levels dropped back down again after stopping the supplement. Hopefully, someone can chime in and confirm.

That's a good question. If I'm not mistaken, I'm almost positive someone on the board (might have been mike036) said that the gfr levels dropped back down again after stopping the supplement. Hopefully, someone can chime in and confirm.
I did stop for a few months at one time and my gfr did drop back down. I only use 3 grams/day now split am/pm and my most recent gfr was 107. That’s the highest it’s ever been since using astragalus. My lowest pre astragalus was 63 or 64. My last 3 sets of bloods has my gfr over 100.

Yes if you stop your gfr will drop again. I was able to drop my dose from 6 grams/day to 3 grams/day and keep my gfr over 100 so staying at a higher dose of astragalus isn’t necessary. I would give it at least 3-4 months at the higher dose and start to bring it down a little each month until you get down to 3 grams/day. Hope that helps.

Just what I was looking for. Im going with 7500 to get it up to 90 or over. 3 grams is reasonable as long as no other values get worse. I might even play with maintenance doses and get a biweekly CMP done to see what dosages get me where.

Yes if you stop your gfr will drop again. I was able to drop my dose from 6 grams/day to 3 grams/day and keep my gfr over 100 so staying at a higher dose of astragalus isn’t necessary. I would give it at least 3-4 months at the higher dose and start to bring it down a little each month until you get down to 3 grams/day. Hope that helps.

I did stop for a few months at one time and my gfr did drop back down. I only use 3 grams/day now split am/pm and my most recent gfr was 107. That’s the highest it’s ever been since using astragalus. My lowest pre astragalus was 63 or 64. My last 3 sets of bloods has my gfr over 100.

Thanks for clarifying that. What was your max astragalus dose when you were trying to bring your gfr up?

BUMP, Anybody? Buehler......Buehler

Yes, sir, did a search and found some good stuff. One question I need answered is if taking one 500mg pill of extract which is equivalent to 5g is the same as taking ten 500mg pills of regular strength astragalus which equals 5g?

Yes, that's something I've wondered about and never really managed any clarification on.

Astrag-flow by supplements needs here in Uk is top 1
Per serving:

Astragalus Membranaceous Root 4000mg

(at a 4:1 astragalus extract)

Beetroot Extract - 750mg

Hawthorn Berry Extract - 450mg

Goldenrod - 250mg

Since you are confused, I’ll explain. It’s not that 10 capsules is such a big issue in itself. For me however, I’m already taking 20-25 different pills of various supplements and other preventatives.....twice a day for a total of over 50. So yeah, adding in another 10 on top of that can seem significant, to some.
Sounds like a small price to play for results.

Yes, that's something I've wondered about and never really managed any clarification on.
So the conclusion I’ve come to is that some brands work and some don’t. No one knows about the extract so stick to what everyone says works, and that’s the vitamin shoppe brand. My latest lab work doesnt show the most favorable kidney values; not the worst but could be better so I got the vitamin shoppe and will be eating 6g a day. Not sure how long it takes to work but getting more labs in a month.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear